Dawnguard DLC Trailer

A place to discuss anything related to The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. No spoilers here please.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Bethesda have released a trailer for their upcoming DLC Dawnguard, which will be released on the 360 for a month before PC users get it I have no problem with that though as it should mean any bugs will be found (hopefully) during that month.

I don't want to be a vampire so I would be siding with the vamp killers and I have a feeling that horse combat may be further extended or optimized since it's shown in the trailer.

However, unless the DLC is released on disc (unlikely) I will have to wait for the Game of the Year Edition or whatever it turns out to be, but I can wait. I have to properly get through the main game first and I don't do digital only.

Enjoy the trailer. Crossbows, Vampire lords, Ice breaking, diving dragons...and more. astar

:-( I can't embed the video without being a member of Youtube and logging in. I'm not registering just for that so here's the Bethblog link where they do have it embedded.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/05/31/dawnguard-trailer/
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Weird, you placed Youtube links before...maybe they changed that part?

Looks like it has the potential of being a great DLC. We will have to wait and see till it comes out...and even then the console users will be the first to play it.
Maigrets
Admin

Thanks for that Fessels. :)

I couldn't even view it on Youtube itself let alone embed as it said I had to login so I don't know what that was about. I know sometimes it happens with some videos where it says they are not available in my country or are private as with the GameJam video Bethesda had awhile ago, so who knows. :-o Maybe it was because I tried to view it on Youtube from BethBlog using the video link instead of directly going to Youtube and searching for it, but I've never had that happen before. Oh well, not to worry.

The only other thing that could be a problem with the 360 getting it a month earlier than us is there will be spoilers everywhere which I'll have to try not to read....I'm not that disciplined...lol, but by the time I get it it won't matter much I expect.

I saw the Kinect ad at the end and I can't imagine myself sitting in front of my PC shouting FUS RO DAH at it. I know it's only for the consoles, but there is a PC mod I believe. The neighbours would think there's an axe murder or a madwoman living next to them. :grin: I already play with headphones so they don't hear the screams ( not mine :grin: ) because I play late at night.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Thanks for that Fessels. :)

I couldn't even view it on Youtube itself let alone embed as it said I had to login so I don't know what that was about. I know sometimes it happens with some videos where it says they are not available in my country or are private as with the GameJam video Bethesda had awhile ago, so who knows. :-o Maybe it was because I tried to view it on Youtube from BethBlog using the video link instead of directly going to Youtube and searching for it, but I've never had that happen before. Oh well, not to worry.
My pleasure. :)

It could be that Bethlog some how influenced it, one can never know for certain i guess.

Maigrets wrote:The only other thing that could be a problem with the 360 getting it a month earlier than us is there will be spoilers everywhere which I'll have to try not to read....I'm not that disciplined...lol, but by the time I get it it won't matter much I expect.
I have the same problem with trying not to look at spoiler threads, but once i have seen an article or something about a game...then i want to know more about it.
Maigrets wrote:I saw the Kinect ad at the end and I can't imagine myself sitting in front of my PC shouting FUS RO DAH at it. I know it's only for the consoles, but there is a PC mod I believe. The neighbours would think there's an axe murder or a madwoman living next to them. :grin: I already play with headphones so they don't hear the screams ( not mine :grin: ) because I play late at night.
Lmao i live in a apartment building, so i know the problem using Kinect could bring. :twisted:

And there is indeed a mod for that for the PC, it is called ThuuMic v1 - Real Life Dragon Shouts.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

360ers getting it a month earlier means they get the bugs and we get the bug free (mostly) version after! :3
The DLC looks really promising i cant wait!
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

To hide the sun in the Elder Scrolls is a good idea.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Gork712 wrote:360ers getting it a month earlier means they get the bugs and we get the bug free (mostly) version after! :3
LoL let us hope so. :grin:
anohosikara wrote:To hide the sun in the Elder Scrolls is a good idea.
It would give a special feeling to the game, considering the Vampire story line.
Maigrets
Admin

I've come to the conclusion I'm a masochist when it comes to reading game forums, especially the Official forum which has gotten worse since Skyrim was released. All the speculation, what if's and complaining about the DLC that isn't even out yet makes me :shock: .

Now the 360 users who will have a Beta to test soon are whining about it and if it will mess up their saves and as one person asked, their other games, and it's only at sign up stage. It's a Beta for heavens sake, but I'd bet a lot of them are signing up to get a first look at the DLC and then the havoc will really begin. The forums will really be running hot then.

I must stop...I must stop....reading this stuff in my spare time when I'm bored. :hang:

I have managed to stop myself reading the Support threads (mostly) and problems other people have with the main game that I don't...you know, just in case it happens to me. :roll: Usually most of them are mod related and lack of common sense like the complaints about horse combat and the animations getting messed up. Someone will post the reason and solution and the next post right under it is another one complaining about it. :arg:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah all of those people make me feel like not visiting the Beth forums at times. But luckily now that the forums have settled down as far as how many people visit it each day, it has gone down quit a bit...but not enough.