For Games Other Than The Elder Scrolls Series

Discuss games other than the Elder Scrolls series here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

As you can see I changed the Skyrim Spoilers forum to a section where we can discuss other games as it was wasn't being used for anything, so instead of just deleting it we can use it for other discussion.

In here you can post screenshots, rant and rave about other games and anything in general to do with gaming. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Do you gals and guys are planing to play TES Online?
It seems I became an harcore TES player and for me playing a TES online with Kevin Kikoo lol doesn't really fly...

What's your take?
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Maigrets
Admin

I don't know yet. If it requires a monthly subscription, then no, but it probably will have one. I haven't really read a lot about it except that a lot of hard core TES fans don't like the idea. What most of them can't get their head around is it's not Bethesda making the game, it's Zenimax and since BGS are the heart of TES (IMHO) I have to wonder how it will go.

I was never an online gamer myself until I got addicted to Age of Conan Unchained (ftp) last year. I loved it, but the crashing and server problems finally made me stop playing. I think the gamer base is pretty low now as well although I haven't checked lately. One thing I really liked is the maturity of the players. None of the BS other games often have. I still have two characters...that is if they don't delete accounts.

TES Online...the jury is out for me. I think I'll wait and see what other players are saying first and the type of player...meaning if all the so called "cool" kids who know nothing about TES lore mass there and ruin it for everyone.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
MasterAub
The Second

below some screenies that are very much WOW like, I don't like...

Another one: very colorfull...I hate it

And this one...not so original as well

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MasterAub
The Second

Hi Maigrets,

Agree with you,

If it's like GW or GW2 then maybe otherwise...niet

Plus from what I've read you can't travel the whole of Tamriel. Basically There are 3 zones, plus a PVP Arena in Cyrodiil.
A given player can only travel to his own zone plus Cyrodiil...

Imagine the following dialog:
MasterAub: Hey Maigrets, I am in Hamerfell lets meet in Daggerfall
Maigrets: Nope; I don't think so as I am an Argonian from Blackmarsh...
Both: Damned should I restart a character?

:woot: :woot: :woot:
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

I actually quite like the look of it, its certainly not like WOW and i know they are bringing in some of the interesting TES features like certain enemies being immune to iron or steel but being vulnerable to silver and magic weapons. It does have a certain Guild Wars look but at the same time looks fairly unique in its design. Im particularly excited to get to go have a look at hammerfel as it looks great in the screenies ive seen. :)
MasterAub
The Second

Gork712 wrote:I actually quite like the look of it, its certainly not like WOW and i know they are bringing in some of the interesting TES features like certain enemies being immune to iron or steel but being vulnerable to silver and magic weapons. It does have a certain Guild Wars look but at the same time looks fairly unique in its design. Im particularly excited to get to go have a look at hammerfel as it looks great in the screenies ive seen. :)
:lol: I will be curious to know if its any good...make sure you remain among us and post your impression once it's out...and once you play it
Maigrets
Admin

Remains to be seen I suppose. Those screen shots look nothing like the TES we all know and love so I wonder how easy it will be to feel immersed in the world.
Maigrets
Admin

Anyone played the Game of Thrones game? I'm of two minds whether to buy it or not since most games from movies or TV series end up being crap, but I love the TV series and I'm currently reading the books (well I'm on the 1st one.) This game is played at an alternative timeline to main characters in the books.

I've watched a few videos on Youtube but, hmmm, I'm not too sure.

The combat system has me worried..lol. When devs say new and unique it usually means something I won't like...aka turn based. :hang: It has what they call an "Active Pause System" to slow time so you can stop the action and change strategies mid battle. I'm wondering how that works and isn't a type of cheap win method, though I suppose any game where you can open a menu which stops time is much the same. If it's remotely turn based I know I don't want it. lol

Yes, I know a lot of people like turn based, but I prefer real time combat. A friend kept telling me how good the Dragon Age games stories are, but I would rather read a book for a good story than frustrate myself with the combat method. And I did try it..didn't like it.

Feel free to flame me about it...others have. lol
MasterAub
The Second

As anyone started this game and if yes. What's your impresion so far?
Maigrets
Admin

MasterAub wrote:As anyone started this game and if yes. What's your impresion so far?
No, I didn't end up buying it. I read too many negative things about it so I decided to give it a miss.

I'm playing Dark Souls: Prepare To Die and that's going to keep me busy for a very long time due to it's very high replay value, character options and Lore....and now mods.
MasterAub
The Second

Maigrets wrote:
MasterAub wrote:As anyone started this game and if yes. What's your impresion so far?
No, I didn't end up buying it. I read too many negative things about it so I decided to give it a miss.

I'm playing Dark Souls: Prepare To Die and that's going to keep me busy for a very long time due to it's very high replay value, character options and Lore....and now mods.
oups sorry I am in the wrong sexion again I was talking about dark souls...how is it?
Maigrets
Admin

MasterAub wrote:
Maigrets wrote:

oups sorry I am in the wrong sexion again I was talking about dark souls...how is it?

I finally made a thread about it which I was intending to do for awhile and doesn't cover anywhere near the amount of things I like about it...lol.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1855