Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Discuss games other than the Elder Scrolls series here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Oh yeah i bought Reaper of Souls today and made a small start with the new class...Crusader. :happy:

Here is the official page on the crusader. At the top you can watch a video on the Crusader.

The Crusader

I see so much potential for this new class. I will switch playing between my Wizard and Crusader at times because with my wizard i can play the new Act 5 and go from level 60 to level 70, and make my Wizard the first to reach that level. But the downside is that till i reach level 70 with him i will not get new Paragon levels.

BTW this is my Wizard at the moment...he is definitely not the most powerful Wizard in the world, but before i installed Reaper of Souls i was blasting him through the game on Master Difficulty. So i am pretty proud about him none the less. :D

My Wizard...Illius ( I could not resist it when i started the game with him. :grin: )
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Hi Fessels,
Nice character your Wizard Illius but how can he wear blue shoes and gauntlets with a red robe? :-? Not "in" at all lol
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Thanks MasterAub, and LoL the colours you see on that profile page are not the real colours...well except for the chest armour. :) If you check again you will see that 6 items have small bottle icons in the lower left corner. The colour of those 6 item types can be changed in game by using a Dye...and i think that the newly added Mystic also has ways to make changes but i have not met her yet.

This is how the colours really are in game. Mind you that the graphics up close are not the best you will see in a game, but D3 is played with a zoomed out third person view.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I am having a lot of fun with my crusader so far. :happy:

The skills i got / use so far are great, and being able to use a two handed weapon in the right hand and a shield in the left is great. It opens up a lot of potential and fun. ( It looks odd but it works great. :twisted: )
And a in game screenshot. The character with the wings is my Crusader...she wears the Wings of Valor. Which i also got to my surprise at first. When i asked about it on the EU forums i was told that i got the Wings of Valor because i bought and activated the game before March 31...which is a good enough reason for me. :) The orange beam shows that a so called Legendary dropped from an enemy, and although it was a weapon that was stronger then the Pole arm i use with my crusader at the moment...it was a dagger so i gave it to the Templar Follower.
I still have to check if i can already use Dyes with the crusader, so that is why her armour is still a boring colour.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Yeah, I get emails from the EBGames store and one of them was about Diablo 3:Reaper of Souls and that the servers were going online in Australia (and overseas of course) on a certain date. I immediately thought of you and knew that you would have the game and be playing ASAP... :)

Both of your characters seem to be well thought out and outfitted. I really like the dyes and being able to colour your gear. Two Worlds 1&2 has that and it can be fun mixing and matching.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Yeah, I get emails from the EBGames store and one of them was about Diablo 3:Reaper of Souls and that the servers were going online in Australia (and overseas of course) on a certain date. I immediately thought of you and knew that you would have the game and be playing ASAP... :)
LoL i am getting to predictable, but yeah you where not wrong. :grin:
Maigrets wrote:Both of your characters seem to be well thought out and outfitted. I really like the dyes and being able to colour your gear. Two Worlds 1&2 has that and it can be fun mixing and matching.
Thank you Magrets, my wizard is for the moment very well outfitted, yet not invincible. Which was proven when i played a bit in the new Act 5...if i was not using the passive skill Unstable Anomaly my wizard would have been killed twice by a mob of Elite enemies. Also the new spell Black Hole helps with big groups, if i see a big group ( which is most of the time. :) ) then i fire the Black Hole spell followed up by Electrocute with the Lightning Blast rune. That way the Electrocute spell fires like a freaking lightning chain gun. :twisted:

But yeah the Dyes are a great way to personalize your characters gear a bit. Before they brought out patch 2.0 we could not change the colour of Legendary and Set items, but luckily now we can. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Been playing with my Wizard yesterday, and so far Act 5 is really well made. Creepy music in Dark and creepy places is the theme in Act 5 so far...but i thought to place a few new screenshots. :)

I really like what i can do with the new spell Black Hole, it works really well in my opinion. ( Although in this screenshot there are only a few enemies. )

The fight for the last Soul Crucible begins. Although not really a very difficult fight it still took a while to defeat all the enemies.

I actually should have tried to take a screenshot during the fight that started a few seconds after taking this one. It would have really shown how useful the spell Black Hole is...because after the fight a 120 enemies died at the hands of my Wizard and the Enchantress. :twisted:

This is what you get when you anger a wizard!! Nah just kidding, it is just how the city my character is in looks like at the moment. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Wow, it's very colourful and action packed it seems.
I actually should have tried to take a screenshot during the fight that started a few seconds after taking this one. It would have really shown how useful the spell Black Hole is...because after the fight a 120 enemies died at the hands of my Wizard and the Enchantress. :twisted:
120... :shock: I wonder what they feel when being sucked into a Black Hole... Highly compressed, I imagine. :grin:

That last shot with the burning houses is pretty cool.

Are you playing co-op with others or a single player campaign?
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Wow, it's very colourful and action packed it seems.
Yeah it is indeed. :)

Maigrets wrote:120... :shock: I wonder what they feel when being sucked into a Black Hole... Highly compressed, I imagine. :grin:
LoL i think they believe it sucks and quit shocking. :grin: And it happens more often then you think with special events like with the on that screenshot, that you face more enemies then that. They come in big waves...one wave after another until time is up. And depending on how well you did you can get bonus chests. :)
Maigrets wrote:That last shot with the burning houses is pretty cool.
Indeed it is, although it was the result of me having destroyed that last Soul Crucible. Image
Maigrets wrote:Are you playing co-op with others or a single player campaign?
I only play Single player, i tried it with a few others for a while last year but there was always the trouble of getting the group on-line at the same time. There was also a problem where not every one could join at the same time even though we where all logged in. There where a few other reasons why we stopped, but that does not matter. Playing single player campaign means i can play at my own pace and i can use the skills and passives i like. When playing as a group you have to adjust skills and such so that you do not...bother your other team members so to speak. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Almost hat forgotten to place a few new screenshots...

First a few from my Wizard.
spoiler:
Hey a big one.

Bring it on Creature.

Tyrael has something to say.

Reached Pandemonium Fortress.

About to face the Angel of Death...Malthael.

The treasure for killing the Angel of Death on Hard Difficulty.
And my Crusader Eloise is starting to look really cool. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I quite like Eloise's outfit, although lime green normally wouldn't be my first choice....lol.

Realmwalker (or is Planar Guardian under the health bar the correct name)...very large, but obviously not immortal. :ninja:

it seems there are lots of varied environments which is good.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I quite like Eloise's outfit, although lime green normally wouldn't be my first choice....lol.
LoL that is the lighting effect of the background, the real colour is golden...or at least that is what it should be. :grin: Personally i think it is more yellow or some variant of it, but i think it looks good so far. I levelled her up to level 63 at the moment and she has gone through some changes. :)
And this is her on the main menu,as you can see the background does influence the armour colour.

And at the moment she is a virtual nightmare for the forces of evil in the game. :twisted: When my Barbarian was at the same level i already hat quit some difficulty keeping him alive. But with my Crusader i finished a so called Rift about an hour ago, and when the Rift boss appeared i literally got wave after wave of enemies. And Eloise stood within the center of those waves and she never got under 80% health. The crusader has in my opinion a great set of skills, and if you can find / buy / craft the right equipment and play Solo then they are in my opinion a awesome Diablo 3 RoS class.

Eloise Profile
Maigrets wrote:Realmwalker (or is Planar Guardian under the health bar the correct name)...very large, but obviously not immortal. :ninja:
It is named Realmwalker, but it's type is a Planar Guardian...and no it certainly is not Immortal. The bigger they are the better they can be hit. :)
Maigrets wrote:It seems there are lots of varied environments which is good.
Yeah Diablo 3 certainly has lots of varied environments, which makes playing through Rifts interesting. If i remember correctly then a Rift can be up to 10 levels, and each level can be completely different from the previous level...both in looks and in enemies.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

This is the Character i started a short while ago, he is a Monk.

Also shows a some what similar helmet as Maigrets DS 2 character wears at the moment. ( Which is pure coincidence by the way. :) )
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I thought i should show how my Crusader is looking now. Since the last time i showed a picture of Eloise she has become a whole lot more dangerous, but still nothing compared to those who play on Torment 3 and up. I can play Torment 2 with my Crusader but it feels better on Torment 1.
My Crusaders current profile : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fess ... o/39126761

The weapon combined with the shield Eberli Charo makes a deadly combo. Throw in the rest of her skills and equipment and makes for quit a fun Crusader to play with. :) Also the numbers and descriptions on the attributes and skills are not correct, in game those numbers are a lot higher. Healing for instance is in game 29.955.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

It took a extremely long time to get the items needed to get to this level, but i finally did it. It is the most Horrific level of Diablo 3...so those of you with a weak heart watch at your own risk!
spoiler:

:grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:It took a extremely long time to get the items needed to get to this level, but i finally did it. It is the most Horrific level of Diablo 3...so those of you with a weak heart watch at your own risk!
spoiler:

:grin:

I'm about to show my ignorance here, but, is that really in the game or a mod? Cool, nonetheless. astar
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: Image

I'm about to show my ignorance here, but, is that really in the game or a mod? Cool, nonetheless. astar
LoL It is really in the game, but you first need to find several items. Then you need the have the crafting plan for the Staff of Herding, and once you have the staff you can enter that level. :grin:

It is a level that you can play for a bit of fun. Blizzard has placed a few of those "extra" levels, there is also a rare level called "Development Dungeon". In there the creatures are named after the people from the Diablo 3 development team. :grin: There are rumours that there is a level where you can fight with the Cow King, but personally i am not convinced about that...simply because those who said they played that level could never show prove like a screenshot. ( At least not that i know of. ) Either that or that level does exist and it is super...super rare to get.