Dark Souls 2

Discuss games other than the Elder Scrolls series here.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

MasterAub wrote:I am completely lost "VAC, debuff, NG+, being invaded"...I don't understand a single word of what your writing lol.

On an other note find below a gampeplay video of Dragon Age Inquisition...Well I had lost Faith in the Franchise but this one looks very very promissing.
I thought you might be interesting. Enjoy the video!
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/making-of/0004 ... .htm#infos
Inquisition is going to be amazing. :D

I really can't wait.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

MasterAub wrote: On an other note find below a gampeplay video of Dragon Age Inquisition...Well I had lost Faith in the Franchise but this one looks very very promissing.
I thought you might be interesting. Enjoy the video!
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/making-of/0004 ... .htm#infos

From the video Dragon Age Inquisition certainly looks very promising, the scenery i saw was very atmospheric and the enemies look challenging as well. ( Especially the big Dragon. )
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Hi everyone,

On another note and as you know I've re-installed Oblivion and I am running a very smooth game. It took time but thanks to wrye bash and my legendary intelligence :D , arround 2 O' clock this morning I finnally reach the holly Grall of stability.

I've installed few mods (for now :D ):
Weather - All Natural (much less buggy than Natural Environment)
Oblivion Grass Overhaul
Oblivion Character Overhaul v2
Quarl Texture Parck Redimized
Ruined Ruins
OBGE Core
OBGE Water
Unique Landscape Series

Then of course I am running OOO & W.A.C and Midas Spells mod. Plus my custom mod using Maigret's tutorial and alllowing me to summon 20 annimals for now...(thanks again Maigrets!!! you're a star)

My point is: with few graphical mods Oblivion looks really nice. Not nicer than Skyrim modded of course but really nice none the less and I've only implemented 7 "graphical" mods. I don't need more by the way.

The game is running even smoother as I've implemented the ENBoost for Oblivion getting rid of all the stuttering. It really makes a difference (thanks to Boris Voronstov).

I am playing a dark elf mage and my only goal is to master all of Midas Spells + maybe I'll do the Lost Spire campaign when I am ready...I am having fun. I will post here and on my steam account some sreenies to let you see how good the game look.

I will also fine tune my mod, make a quest, developp the background of the Druid who sells me those summon spells...ahahaha I am back to Cyrodiil.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:Hi everyone,

On another note and as you know I've re-installed Oblivion and I am running a very smooth game. It took time but thanks to wrye bash and my legendary intelligence :D , arround 2 O' clock this morning I finnally reach the holly Grall of stability.
LoL at least you are still modest about yourself. :grin:

But it is good to see you where able to stabilize Oblivion.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
MasterAub
The Second

Man, making Oblivion stable is a task of Epic proportion, no need to be falsly modest...[lol]
More seriuously (I was joking heh...) ENBoost really does the job and wrye bash is fantastic as usual. With mods like All Natural the result is really good.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:Man, making Oblivion stable is a task of Epic proportion, no need to be falsly modest...[lol]
True enough. :grin:
MasterAub wrote:More seriuously (I was joking heh...) ENBoost really does the job and wrye bash is fantastic as usual. With mods like All Natural the result is really good.
I know you where, and yeah Oblivion can be made to look really good indeed. But getting it there is indeed a lot of work.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Patiently waiting for the DLC to be available tomorrow, the 22nd, which I hope is a worldwide release at the same time, but I somehow doubt it. It's 11:20 pm here on the 21st atm and still no mention on Steam except for the Season Pass to buy all 3 DLC's, which I don't wish to do as the other two are several weeks and a couple of months away.

Each separate DLC is $9.99 so I hope the 1st is added to Steam soon (as in a few hours time) as I imagine I'm not the only one wondering when it will be. I have a couple of characters who have finished the main game and are waiting for it. It's supposed to be a lot harder so I don't want to try it in NG+ on the first attempt.

Ironically, hackers have already gained access to the DLC area and are even streaming it on Youtube or Twitch. That's what happens when DLC content is included with patches even without the access codes as other developers have found in the past..ie Capcom. As far as the huge "balance" patch goes, there are what many are calling coding mistakes, and obvious backward steps. The Official forums are vitriolic at the moment. At least the game still works and there are no backward flying dragons and spells still work, even though many have been nerfed.
King Vendrick. After such trials to find him, the poor guy has lost his mind and has become Hollow. He forever walks in circles dragging his massive sword behind him. He can be killed to put him out of his misery, but there's a catch....you need some things to even be able to hurt him. I have them but have only tried killing him once. Even with the items it's a drawn out fight and one small mistake and you're dead.

Fashion Souls. (It's a thing lol ) This is Gray Mouser a Dex/Pyromancer build. She's wearing the Lion Warrior top, Tseldora hat, Grave Warden pants and boots. I never use heavy armour even for strength characters as I prefer to be very mobile rather than tank which more often gets me killed. Weapon of choice atm is the Black Knight Halberd.

Entrance to said DLC but the door behind me is closed at present. Interestingly, people who have not purchased the DLC (genuine players, not hackers) can play in the new areas if they place their summon signs and are summoned by a host. I'm certainly going to summon a couple of people so they can preview if they want, although doing that makes enemies harder, especially bosses. It would be fun anyway in a completely new area.

Just a random shot early in the game. Sweet Shalquoir, the talking cat, is a merchant NPC and also deals with Covenants and has useful info.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
MasterAub
The Second

Nice nice nice...did I tell you those screenshots are...very nice. DS2 is definitely my next game
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:Nice nice nice...did I tell you those screenshots are...very nice.
I totally agree. :)
Maigrets
Admin

So the DLC has been delayed a day which is OK, but it seems we in Australia again get the short end of the stick when it comes to pricing. It's advertised as $9.99 even on Australian web sites, but I have to pay $10.99. I know another $1 isn't much, but now I have to actually buy a $20 Steam card from EBGames as my Steam Wallet only had $10.78 in it (as shown on my Steam page)...which I had been saving and anticipating to be enough to buy the DLC. ;-(( ;-((

Oh, well, at least I can do that tomorrow, but didn't want to spend the extra $19, so I might as well end up getting the Season pass which is for the next 2 DLC's as well.

This always happens. Same thing happened with the Skyrim Dragonborn and Dishonored DLC's. It costs several $ more here than everywhere else.

Maybe I'll see if I can get myself summoned into the new area tonight and get a preview.

*In case anyone mentions it...I don't have a credit card as I have no use for one and I don't ever anticipate buy anything online anyway, even with a Debit card. You need funds for both options... lol
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:*In case anyone mentions it...I don't have a credit card as I have no use for one and I don't ever anticipate buy anything online anyway, even with a Debit card. You need funds for both options... lol
I do not have a credit card as well, and after a bad experience with having bought some thing online when i was quit a bit younger...i also do not buy anything online.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Maigrets wrote:So the DLC has been delayed a day which is OK, but it seems we in Australia again get the short end of the stick when it comes to pricing. It's advertised as $9.99 even on Australian web sites, but I have to pay $10.99. I know another $1 isn't much, but now I have to actually buy a $20 Steam card from EBGames as my Steam Wallet only had $10.78 in it (as shown on my Steam page)...which I had been saving and anticipating to be enough to buy the DLC. ;-(( ;-((

Oh, well, at least I can do that tomorrow, but didn't want to spend the extra $19, so I might as well end up getting the Season pass which is for the next 2 DLC's as well.

This always happens. Same thing happened with the Skyrim Dragonborn and Dishonored DLC's. It costs several $ more here than everywhere else.

Maybe I'll see if I can get myself summoned into the new area tonight and get a preview.

*In case anyone mentions it...I don't have a credit card as I have no use for one and I don't ever anticipate buy anything online anyway, even with a Debit card. You need funds for both options... lol

Turns out doing the DLC in new game plus was a bit of a mistake. Its frikken hard. :D
Maigrets
Admin

Turns out doing the DLC in new game plus was a bit of a mistake. Its frikken hard. :D
Truer words have never been said. :-( They certainly ramped up the difficulty this time.

I'm doing it with one of my NG characters and I made it a long way into the Dragon Sanctum with one death which was falling from a ledge ;-(( and then died again to a Ghost Knight (or three) before finding the next bonfire, which is a hidden one I believe. I have yet to try again as I wanted a quick look as soon as it was available, which actually turned out to be an hour or so.

My weapons were were almost broken by then as well, but at least I have plenty of repair powders, and I discovered there's a strange tree like thing that repairs if you interact with it.
This is my ultimate nemesis. He greeted me at the entrance and flew off screaming a challenge. This is going to be "fun." :shock:

Overview of the ruins. Its very Indiana Jones like and quite beautiful when you have time to notice..lol. Lots of traps and secret areas...and hard enemies.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

That tree guy was creepy so i shot him in the eyes and he died. D:
Maybe he was important....
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

That looks like a big creature to fight.
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:That tree guy was creepy so i shot him in the eyes and he died. D:
Maybe he was important....
It is if you need gear repaired, but I don't know how you're supposed to know that beforehand. I read about it on a forum. It's much like the giant ant in the Gutter that spews blue gas that cures poison and everyone kills. It's a bit useless really because poison kills you so fast so by the time you got to it you'd be dead.

@Fessels
That looks like a big creature to fight.
You have no idea...lol. It's the size of a skyscraper.
MasterAub
The Second

In my part of the world DSII is on sale on steam for about $9,99 so I might go for a purchase.
Maigrets
Admin

MasterAub wrote:In my part of the world DSII is on sale on steam for about $9,99 so I might go for a purchase.
That would be Dark Souls 1, not 2. DS2 is still around $70.00. It was only released in April, for the PC and in March for the consoles so the price would never be that low yet for a new game.

DS1 is a great game but just to let you know it uses Games for Windows Live not Steam for online play, even though it's available on Steam (wasn't originally). You can play offline if you make a local account but it's more fun online. GFWL has awful servers though.

I really enjoyed DS1, but after playing DS2 I much prefer 2, but it's a matter of preference. If you're interested in the Lore you should probably play DS1 first, but it doesn't matter much as DS2 has it's own Lore and only references the previous game in passing.
Maigrets
Admin

I realized after I posted above that those prices, eg $70 (approx) for DS2 are the Australian equivalent so it will obviously be different in other countries.

I buy retail DVD versions of all my games so I pay a little more, but I can also get extras that way (soundtracks, physical maps or whatever) and more importantly, pay a bit at a time in the weeks before the game is released if it's a game I know for sure I'm going to want to play. That way it's not such a big expense at one time. I've been burned a few times over the years by pre-ordering, but on the whole it's been OK. I don't buy many games either...I'm a bit fussy as to what I like.. lol
MasterAub
The Second

Yep you're right taht was the DLC