Path of Exile

Discuss games other than the Elder Scrolls series here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

I agree, she does seem interesting indeed. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Level 2 of the Lunaris Temple is already a lot more sinister then level 1. ( And what looks like water...is not water. )

I will tell you that level 3 was quit huge, and has a really extremely creepy atmosphere! This is just one picture from that level, but there was a lot more then this...a lot!
You know that the development team did a great job in developing a game level like that when a player really starts to hate the NPC. ( Piety ) :grin: And no i am not the one who killed all of those, that was done by Piety...her minions and her experiments.
Hopefully this is the gate to Piety, because at this time i really wanted rip Piety's head of. :angry:

She never stood a freaking chance, i killed her in less then a minute i think? :twisted: But also...darn that is a great axe!? Unfortunately i use Maces and some of the chosen passives so far are linked to Maces. So i could use the axe but it would absolutely suck compared to Maces.

Well i finally reached the Gates of the Sceptre of God. On top of it i will apparently find Piety's boss...Dominus.

Hmm it always sends a message if you enter a tower, and find the Templars slaughtered at the main gate.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

They gave an odd name to the Boss Piety since it means particularly reverent or religious. But then I imagine she has her own religion and Dominus sounds like her lord and master so it fits. Good job you took her down. She needed to die. :hang:

Yes, you would get the message finding a slaughter at the gates. It doesn't bode well...lol
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:They gave an odd name to the Boss Piety since it means particularly reverent or religious. But then I imagine she has her own religion and Dominus sounds like her lord and master so it fits. Good job you took her down. She needed to die. :hang:
Well i found some lore about her on the PoE Wiki:

"Before the events of Path of Exile, Piety was known by the name Vinia in Oriath, where she funded her practise of thaumaturgy through prostitution. Due to her crimes she was condemned to burn in a pyre, but before her execution took place she supped with High Templar Dominus, who had come to hear her confession. However Vinia was able to convince Dominus to let her live. It is possible, though never directly stated, that she achieved this by sharing her knowledge of the powers lying dormant in Wraeclast. The fact that the banishment of criminals to the continent began after Vinia was pardoned by Dominus supports the theory. After Vinia was granted her amnesty she enjoyed the patronage of Dominus, who made her his right-hand woman and gave her the name "Piety" to reflect her new loyalties."

In the game lore the Templars where once a holy order, forces of the light. But that apparently started to change when Vinia was saved by this Dominus, so that might be the explanation for her new name...the Templars where not fully corrupted yet at that time.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Damn that fight with Dominus was epic, first a few waves of minions and then him and minions! Freaking hell Dominus Lightning attacks are powerfull!? Even with 1650 health and a lightning resistance of 89% ( In normal difficulty at least. i just noticed that the cruel difficulty lowers all resistances by 20%. Damn i fear Chaos damage even more now. ) one of his lightning attacks could take down around 70-80% of my Marauders health!
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Damn that fight with Dominus was epic, first a few waves of minions and then him and minions! Freaking hell Dominus Lightning attacks are powerfull!? Even with 1650 health and a lightning resistance of 89% ( In normal difficulty at least. i just noticed that the cruel difficulty lowers all resistances by 20%. Damn i fear Chaos damage even more now. ) one of his lightning attacks could take down around 70-80% of my Marauders health!
Yeah, I'm not fond of bosses that have a ton of minions to assist them, but going by what you say they are not present at the same time which wouldn't be so bad I guess. Lightning....so OP...lol..and I'm taking about every game I've played that has it.

Congratulations on the defeat. 'Rock On!'
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:
Fessels wrote:Damn that fight with Dominus was epic, first a few waves of minions and then him and minions! Freaking hell Dominus Lightning attacks are powerfull!? Even with 1650 health and a lightning resistance of 89% ( In normal difficulty at least. i just noticed that the cruel difficulty lowers all resistances by 20%. Damn i fear Chaos damage even more now. ) one of his lightning attacks could take down around 70-80% of my Marauders health!
Yeah, I'm not fond of bosses that have a ton of minions to assist them, but going by what you say they are not present at the same time which wouldn't be so bad I guess. Lightning....so OP...lol..and I'm taking about every game I've played that has it.
Well here is a video from another player showing his/her Marauder taking on Dominus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8b_R2dgHPE

His/her Marauder is using a one handed weapon and shield, which means more damage mitigation plus block chance. Also because of a one handed the attacks are faster then with a two handed marauder like mine, and as such my Marauder is more squishy. :)
Maigrets wrote:Congratulations on the defeat. 'Rock On!'
Thanks Maigrets. :D
Maigrets
Admin

Well here is a video from another player showing his/her Marauder taking on Dominus.

His/her Marauder is using a one handed weapon and shield, which means more damage mitigation plus block chance. Also because of a one handed the attacks are faster then with a two handed marauder like mine, and as such my Marauder is more squishy. :)

lol I was watching his health go up and down and at least once got very low. The enemies just keep on coming...... :shock: The spell effects are quite good and I could barely see the player sometimes. Very hectic...lol
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:

lol I was watching his health go up and down and at least once got very low. The enemies just keep on coming...... :shock: The spell effects are quite good and I could barely see the player sometimes. Very hectic...lol
It can and will happen that things get hectic al right, especially if you are trying to escape a dangerous group...only to find 1 or 2 other dangerous groups. In those cases you can get mobbed by a group of +25 creatures...and that is not funny at all if there are rare creatures and Rogue Exiles in those mobs. In those cases it becomes better to go completely Berserk and take as many as you can with you, in those cases there will not be many reasons to stay cautious. :grin:

And i agree, the spell effect are quit good indeed.