Risen 3:Titan Lords

Discuss games other than the Elder Scrolls series here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:
Well Piranha Bytes is a German company as far as i remember, but still a game should have English included since it is a International language...still it was not the end of the world but it was pretty weird none the less. And i hat used the update function before i started the game and noticed the German language. It does not matter any more since it is solved. And i bought the First edition which has these extra's....

- Risen 3: Titan Lords ( Duhh :) )
- Fog Island DLC
- Uprising of the Little Guy DLC
- Adventure Garb DLC

Maybe the Isle of Thieves is specific for Pre-ordered version.
Yes, First Edition is what I have in the DVD version.

Actually I think Uprising of the Little Guys is what it's actually called, but it's Isle of Thieves you go to. It's a fun area but is still has it's challenges.
Last night i found out that the Little Guys is indeed the Isle of Thieves, when Bones explained the options of where i can go to he mentioned the Little guys and Isle of Thieves as one quest. :)
Maigrets wrote:The Adventure garb is a bit overpowered but then again you need all the help you can get early on..lol You will find better at vendors a bit later and when you join a faction they have really good armour.
I have no problems with the fact that the Adventure Garb is a bit overpowered, i chose to go to Antigua first and those Hellhounds do not always come one at a time. :) The Garb does not look that bad either overall...with a exception of the Hat. The Garb looks like Samurai armour al right, but the front of the hat looks a bit odd...and those feathers on the side...? ( But i will deal with it. :grin: )
Maigrets wrote:I know you didn't like companions in Skyrim and in this game they are optional, except for when a quest NPC accompanies you, but I find I like the company and they also comment in conversations with other NPC's. They also have their own quests and in the case of one, you need him for certain things to do with your "condition."

Besides, these followers actually climb up and down obstacles, jump, swim and go everywhere you go. Occasionally they might get lost if you take an unusual path but going back to the boat or using a teleporter will bring them back. Often they will just catch up by themselves.
Yeah i usually do not, but in games like the Elderscrolls series, the companions are more often then not quit..."Stupid". Always jumping in front of your attacks...getting stuck and other things like that. There are famous exceptions of course, like Inigo and Hoth.

But both Patty and Ramon proved to be more useful already. Ramon already showed some nerve...i helped him get to the village and fought with him against a few Helhounds. And then a bit later tells me to put my sword away on the streets while i am hunting the remaining Hellhounds for Alvarez. ( I like those small attention to details. :) )
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Fessels wrote: I have no problems with the fact that the Adventure Garb is a bit overpowered, i chose to go to Antigua first and those Hellhounds do not always come one at a time. :) The Garb does not look that bad either overall...with a exception of the Hat. The Garb looks like Samurai armour al right, but the front of the hat looks a bit odd...and those feathers on the side...? ( But i will deal with it. :grin: )

LOL..I think the hat looks stupid, but then I thought maybe it's an old European traditional style hat or something. I'm still using the Adventurers body armour but have different trousers and that horned helmet I found in a chest. I'll get my faction armour soon though.
Yeah i usually do not, but in games like the Elderscrolls series, the companions are more often then not quit..."Stupid". Always jumping in front of your attacks...getting stuck and other things like that. There are famous exceptions of course, like Inigo and Hoth.
Unfortunately, I think the followers in Skyrim were an afterthought and didn't really have a lot of time put into them. I like how Bones will heal you which comes in very handy sometimes, especially later on when you can get surrounded.
But both Patty and Ramon proved to be more useful already. Ramon already showed some nerve...i helped him get to the village and fought with him against a few Helhounds. And then a bit later tells me to put my sword away on the streets while i am hunting the remaining Hellhounds for Alvarez. ( I like those small attention to details. :) )
Those Hellhounds killed me a few times, but at the time I had left Bones on the boat and it was after the first group with Ramon. Now I kill them with a harsh look.... :grin:
It's their masters that can be a problem, but at least there are only a few of them.

I also like that you can't hurt your companions in a fight, whether they are quest companions or not. So called friendly fire in some games can be really annoying when you're trying to help and they turn on you.

There's a lot of attention to those kind of details which makes it more "realistic." If someone catches you sneaking around you will be warned and told off etc, etc.

I'm going to post some more screenshots later but I'll try not to add any more spoilers for you. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:LOL..I think the hat looks stupid, but then I thought maybe it's an old European traditional style hat or something. I'm still using the Adventurers body armour but have different trousers and that horned helmet I found in a chest. I'll get my faction armour soon though.
As soon as i find one that is as good as or better in no matter which way then i am replacing that hat.
Maigrets wrote:Unfortunately, I think the followers in Skyrim were an afterthought and didn't really have a lot of time put into them. I like how Bones will heal you which comes in very handy sometimes, especially later on when you can get surrounded.
That reminds me that i need to get him back as a companion tonight before i finish that quest for Alvarez and continue. :)
Maigrets wrote:Those Hellhounds killed me a few times, but at the time I had left Bones on the boat and it was after the first group with Ramon. Now I kill them with a harsh look.... :grin:
It's their masters that can be a problem, but at least there are only a few of them.
If the creature that came out of that Crystal Gate was a Shadow Lord, then i hope it will still take a while before i meet another one.
Maigrets wrote:I also like that you can't hurt your companions in a fight, whether they are quest companions or not. So called friendly fire in some games can be really annoying when you're trying to help and they turn on you.{/quote]

Yeah me to, that is one less thing to worry about during a fight.
Maigrets wrote:There's a lot of attention to those kind of details which makes it more "realistic." If someone catches you sneaking around you will be warned and told off etc, etc.
That is good to know. :)
Maigrets wrote:I'm going to post some more screenshots later but I'll try not to add any more spoilers for you. :)
LoL thank you. :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

If the creature that came out of that Crystal Gate was a Shadow Lord, then i hope it will still take a while before i meet another one.
Not as long as you might think..lol, but you can choose when to take them on. They aren't that hard as long as you avoid their spells and lure the smaller mobs away from him first, and have Bones with you.
This is going to be my ship, but I was a little premature as to when I thought I would get it. I still have a lot of work to do. Also this is how I look now since joining the Voodoo Pirates. That is my beginner armour . It gets better as I progress. Oh, and there's also the face paint.

Log bridge. It's a long way down.

Ominous looking skull cave...wonder what's in there?

Group fight against the Shadows on the way to a Shadow Lord.

Deadly swamp has ruined the farms. Things have taken an ugly turn in this land.

My trained Monkey. Good for getting into small spaces and picking up shiny things.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I think i saw some monkey in the Harbour town of Antigua, they look pretty funny.

And Shjees did i curse Edward while helping him fnd his destiny on Calador, he just kept running towards groups of creatures that we could barely defeat..( If at all. ) At one time he and i where fighting around 4 of those larger Raptor like creatures( Not the bright green ones, but the bigger dark ones. ) and 2 Triceratops like creature at the same time. Even with dodging and parrying that freaking Edward cost me quit a lot of Rum and provisions. Groups of Rock Spiders and those Triceratops like creatures also seem to be a favourite of Edward. ( And sneaking did not help in most cases. )

Either way Risen 3 is going to be extremely interesting, that is for certain. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:I think i saw some monkey in the Harbour town of Antigua, they look pretty funny.

When you see monkeys it usually means there's a secret area you can get into, but is too small for you. Often it's just some gold and trinkets, but in one case it's for a quest.
And Shjees did i curse Edward while helping him fnd his destiny on Calador, he just kept running towards groups of creatures that we could barely defeat..( If at all. ) At one time he and i where fighting around 4 of those larger Raptor like creatures( Not the bright green ones, but the bigger dark ones. ) and 2 Triceratops like creature at the same time. Even with dodging and parrying that freaking Edward cost me quit a lot of Rum and provisions. Groups of Rock Spiders and those Triceratops like creatures also seem to be a favourite of Edward. ( And sneaking did not help in most cases. )

Either way Risen 3 is going to be extremely interesting, that is for certain. :grin:
:grin: I'm laughing because I know exactly what you mean. Edward doesn't heal you either like Bones. I didn't do that quest until much later so it was fine, but as you know in these games you can go anywhere at any time, even if it's walking into death.

Those bigger creatures are Dragon Snappers and in the Gothic games they were the beasts that scared me the most because they were so strong and would follow you to the ends of the earth....lol. Sneaking doesn't work on creatures...I think they can smell you and have better hearing.

It took me awhile to get into a rhythm with the combat and it gets a lot easier when you get weapon training. After awhile you won't really need to roll much, if at all, except for when you get surrounded.

I got my ship last night and let me tell you, it can be terrifying when you go sailing. :shock: I'm up to 54 hours so far and still have a ton to do.

EDIT:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/784751-r ... s/69929332

There are a few Non Spoiler tips here to make your life a bit easier. One of the more important ones as far as making money is to take training in taking animal claws, skins, teeth and trophies early as every vendor will buy them. It costs a lot but makes up for itself pretty quickly. If you sell something you find you need later, or by mistake, you can go back and the vendor will still have the item...if you can remember who you sold it too...lol

I had so many things in my inventory that I didn't know if I should sell or not, but now I know you can sell just about everything except for a few things that are quest related. They aren't that important by themselves though, mainly minor quests. Other quest related things can't be sold or dropped.

Also if you want to sort your inventory to keep it uncluttered you can use any chest in the game as they don't respawn and later you can store everything on your ship.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: When you see monkeys it usually means there's a secret area you can get into, but is too small for you. Often it's just some gold and trinkets, but in one case it's for a quest.
That is nice to know. :)
Maigrets wrote:

:grin: I'm laughing because I know exactly what you mean. Edward doesn't heal you either like Bones. I didn't do that quest until much later so it was fine, but as you know in these games you can go anywhere at any time, even if it's walking into death.
Yeah it all depends on the decisions we make, i decided on Calador because of the quests from Edward and Grace. So for now i might as well stay and see what the civilians and the Demon Hunters have to offer. :)
Maigrets wrote:Those bigger creatures are Dragon Snappers and in the Gothic games they were the beasts that scared me the most because they were so strong and would follow you to the ends of the earth....lol. Sneaking doesn't work on creatures...I think they can smell you and have better hearing.
I was never good with remembering creature names, i am usually to busy killing them...or they my character to remember their names. :) But in Gothic 2 i was more concerned about the Orcs then the Dragon Snappers, especially the Orc Shaman / Warlord and Colonel. As for the sneaking...well Edward and i where able to sneak past a group of 3 or 4 of those green oversized chickens. So perhaps it is proximity and/or smell combined?
Maigrets wrote:It took me awhile to get into a rhythm with the combat and it gets a lot easier when you get weapon training. After awhile you won't really need to roll much, if at all, except for when you get surrounded.
Yeah i am certain it will, i have only been playing for around 5 hours so i still need to get the feeling for it. And that will come, it took time in Gothic as well.
Maigrets wrote:I got my ship last night and let me tell you, it can be terrifying when you go sailing. :shock: I'm up to 54 hours so far and still have a ton to do.
Thanks for the heads up on that. :grin:
Maigrets wrote:There are a few Non Spoiler tips here to make your life a bit easier. One of the more important ones as far as making money is to take training in taking animal claws, skins, teeth and trophies early as every vendor will buy them. It costs a lot but makes up for itself pretty quickly. If you sell something you find you need later, or by mistake, you can go back and the vendor will still have the item...if you can remember who you sold it too...lol
Thank you for that link, and the tip. :)
Maigrets wrote:I had so many things in my inventory that I didn't know if I should sell or not, but now I know you can sell just about everything except for a few things that are quest related. They aren't that important by themselves though, mainly minor quests. Other quest related things can't be sold or dropped.

Also if you want to sort your inventory to keep it uncluttered you can use any chest in the game as they don't respawn and later you can store everything on your ship.
That is good to know, thanks. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Hello there dinner!

Spiders in numbers

Sailing in the evening

Cute

Voodoo magic is paying off. This is my re-animated Shadow Guardian. These things hit really hard with those big clubs when they're not on your side...lol It's probably one of the main enemies that I run from, or used to before I learned certain spells.

Meet Fred. Quest related.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL Fred is well spoken. :grin:

I do not know yet for certain but i think i read some where that the Demon Hunters have summon spells as well. Okay that is different of course compared to Voodoo reanimations, but i guess that in the long run it does not matter a lot. But the Shadow Guardian does look extremely dangerous al right....oh and thank you for the spider close up. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:LoL Fred is well spoken. :grin:

I do not know yet for certain but i think i read some where that the Demon Hunters have summon spells as well. Okay that is different of course compared to Voodoo reanimations, but i guess that in the long run it does not matter a lot. But the Shadow Guardian does look extremely dangerous al right....
Yes, the Demon Hunters have summon spells. The difference is Voodoo re-animation is temporary as the creature continually loses life, and dies again, but it's still very effective. The Demon Hunter, and probably the Guardians summon spells (if they have them) last until they are killed in battle.
oh and thank you for the spider close up. :grin:

:-D-) That's not a spider. Well, it does look like one, but that's just a facade. It's rather large and not at all hospitable. :twisted:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Yes, the Demon Hunters have summon spells. The difference is Voodoo re-animation is temporary as the creature continually loses life, and dies again, but it's still very effective. The Demon Hunter, and probably the Guardians summon spells (if they have them) last until they are killed in battle.
Hmm that is good to know, thanks. :)
Maigrets wrote:
oh and thank you for the spider close up. :grin:

:-D-) That's not a spider. Well, it does look like one, but that's just a facade. It's rather large and not at all hospitable. :twisted:
Of course it is...i can wait with meeting it then. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

I'm still playing this game and enjoying it. Just taking a hiatus with Dark Souls 2 - can't stay away...lol

I've arrived at the final destination which is not on the map until you reach a certain point. It's another fairly large area though.
Approaching doom...with all the ships in my armada and their crews.

The ominous stone castle in the background is my final objective.

Sea Monster

Found a few of these loot caches by exploring on top of mountains and other hidden corners. Obviously set up by the devs to see if people find them I guess

Tug of War..lol

Victory!

Zacharias, an important mage. My resurrected golem looks like it wants to rip him apart for fun.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I'm still playing this game and enjoying it. Just taking a hiatus with Dark Souls 2 - can't stay away...lol

I know the feeling, what i have played of Risen 3 so far has been great. But i found some things in Path of Exile and some builds i wanted to try out, and i have been doing so since. :grin:

Once i want to take a break from PoE, then i will play Risen 3 again. ( Tag Team Gaming. :grin: )
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:
Maigrets wrote:I'm still playing this game and enjoying it. Just taking a hiatus with Dark Souls 2 - can't stay away...lol

I know the feeling, what i have played of Risen 3 so far has been great. But i found some things in Path of Exile and some builds i wanted to try out, and i have been doing so since. :grin:

Once i want to take a break from PoE, then i will play Risen 3 again. ( Tag Team Gaming. :grin: )
Yeah, it's tough.... :grin: I want to get back into Skyrim with the Tropical Overhaul and some others, but there aren't enough hours to play everything. Plus I'm waiting for some updates and I have to start a new character to use them properly. Giving the game a new face might be what I need to get really interested again.

I've impulsively put a deposit Pre-order on a new game that's coming at the end of October called Lords of the Fallen, but realistically I will probably have to cancel it as I'm having doubts as to whether my PC can even handle it. I did check the requirements and I only just make it, so I imagine it will be pushing my poor PC to the limit.

The game is heavily influenced by Dark Souls as far as combat goes as the developer is a DkS fan, but gameplay has also been compared to Kingdoms of Amalur and is from a German developer.

Small trailer:
And a short gameplay video. I do notice there seems to be some lag in this when he's looking across the bridge. It's the XBox version and an early test I guess, but also probably doesn't bode well for my PC sadly.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Looks really good, quit a sinister looking world.