Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Fessels wrote:
Those reasons combined are the reason I am keeping an eye on the Nexus thread. When such a big mod comes out then there will always be trouble for the first few weeks or so. As for the Java requirements ... well I am some what surprised that it seems to require version 8? ( My system is 64 bit so that part is okay. :) )
I think most of the people having issues with Java 7 are using Mod Organizer or NMM because MO runs out of memory, and I might be wrong but using the Patcher may work with a manual install,which I'll be doing, without installing Java 8. Anyway, that's what I'm going to try and if it doesn't work well I know what to do. The Patcher can take up to an hour depending on your system and how many mods you have so I've read, so I'm going to make sure I install everything I need and only have to do it once...hopefully.

I'm getting past too much reading and working out stuff these days...lol.

I've been watching a playthrough of a HUGE quest mod based on Morrowind Lore called The Wheels of Lull. It's by Trainwiz who has made a lot of Dwemer mods, but it's uploaded by another person, with permission. It's massive and looks totally amazing, but I fear I'm be playing at 3fps since the areas are quite dense with buildings and architecture. Or maybe not, but it looks pretty intensive. You have to be level 15 to start it and some parts require you to be level 30. The voice acting is great and there are a lot of custom additions, in fact I think it's all custom.

The Wheels of Lull
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58 ... w%3D&pUp=1

There are a few other quest mods I want to try at some point which is really the main reason for me to keep Skyrim and the big conversion, Enderal:The Shards of Order, by the SureAI team who made Nehrim for Oblivion, will be coming soon, and I look forward to that. It's the sequel to Nehrim and won't be in the Skyrim world so will be like a new game just with Skyrim's engine.
LINK
http://sureai.net/projects/enderal/?lang=en
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:I think most of the people having issues with Java 7 are using Mod Organizer or NMM because MO runs out of memory, and I might be wrong but using the Patcher may work with a manual install,which I'll be doing, without installing Java 8. Anyway, that's what I'm going to try and if it doesn't work well I know what to do. The Patcher can take up to an hour depending on your system and how many mods you have so I've read, so I'm going to make sure I install everything I need and only have to do it once...hopefully.

I'm getting past too much reading and working out stuff these days...lol.
Yeah so far I have not installed java 8 as well, version 7 has so far caused no problems for me. ( At least none that I am aware of. ) And with a chance of waiting up to 1 hour for the patch to finish ... yikes?
Maigrets wrote:I've been watching a playthrough of a HUGE quest mod based on Morrowind Lore called The Wheels of Lull. It's by Trainwiz who has made a lot of Dwemer mods, but it's uploaded by another person, with permission. It's massive and looks totally amazing, but I fear I'm be playing at 3fps since the areas are quite dense with buildings and architecture. Or maybe not, but it looks pretty intensive. You have to be level 15 to start it and some parts require you to be level 30. The voice acting is great and there are a lot of custom additions, in fact I think it's all custom.

The Wheels of Lull
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58 ... w%3D&pUp=1

There are a few other quest mods I want to try at some point which is really the main reason for me to keep Skyrim and the big conversion, Enderal:The Shards of Order, by the SureAI team who made Nehrim for Oblivion, will be coming soon, and I look forward to that. It's the sequel to Nehrim and won't be in the Skyrim world so will be like a new game just with Skyrim's engine.
LINK
http://sureai.net/projects/enderal/?lang=en
Well that saves me from making a post about that mod. :grin:

It does look extremely good, then again most of Trainwizz mods are very good. But till now I hat not heard of Enderal: The Shards of Order? Uhmm ... "Development of Enderal in Hours 13740" WOW, that is huge and from the look of it they are still not finished? :shock: It is a good thing that it will not be in the world of Skyrim itself, seeing how much new land they are adding. It would cause huge compatibility problems if they hat done so.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I finally got around to installing Perkus Maximus and associated other mods. The patcher took somewhere between 1/2 hour to 3/4 of an hour ( I stepped away from the PC for about ten minutes and when I came back it was done,) and I had installed Java 8 as well. That was pretty quick considering I now have 177 plugins....I added more than I removed when I was sorting out what I wanted. :grin: Also none of the mods in my list caused the patcher to stop or error, unlike some users in the mod comment pages, and I'm using a lot of popular ones.

EDIT: The patch itself ended up being 25mb when it was done.

This is my current LO. I'm playing a male Breton mage, but I'm currently only at Riverwood. So far I have noticed that gold has weight and I have no healing spell to start...lol. Since I hate the minigames, ie lockpicking, I'm still using Lockpick Pro and despite a comment I saw earlier saying it doesn't level the skill, it has for me a couple of times thus far.

EDIT2: Different load order. Changed around some mods, mainly eyes and other cosmetic stuff as well as an armour and a couple of new patches for PerMa. Brings the number of plugins from 177 to 183 and I think that's going to be final unless some amazing new mod comes along.

Active Mod Files:
spoiler:
[xml]
00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0a]
03 Dawnguard.esm
04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
05 HearthFires.esm
06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
07 Dragonborn.esm
08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
09 Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
0A ApachiiHairFemales.esm
0B ApachiiHairMales.esm
0C JSwords.esm
0D Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
0E SPIKE.esm
0F 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp
10 Valdacil's Item Sorting - Potions.esp
11 AMatterOfTime.esp [Version 2.00]
12 ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp
13 Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
14 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
15 DeadlyDragons.esp
16 DreamBurrowsRegalHuntsmanArmor.esp
17 Beards.esp
18 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp
19 DSerULG.esp
1A BetterQuestObjectives.esp
1B BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
1C AHZmoreHUD.esp [Version 2.1.3]
1D 01ERA.esp
1E Brevi_MoonlightTalesEssentials.esp
1F Rainbows.esp
20 Character Creation Overhaul.esp
21 CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
22 CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
23 CharGen Morphs.esp
24 SKmalewarpaints.esp
25 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
26 No More Glowing Edges Mod.esp
27 Convenient Horses.esp
28 Run For Your Lives.esp [Version 1.2.2]
29 DialogueTweaks.esp
2A Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
** Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
2B aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
2C dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
2D DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
2E EK_RingLimiter.esp
2F Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
30 FollowerWander2.esp
31 el_dovahjerkinretex.esp
32 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
33 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
34 ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
35 NDranger.esp
36 FA Guard Helmet.esp
37 Ghorza's Armor.esp
38 TrueEyes.esp
39 Follower Trap Safety.esp
3A Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
3B dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
3C dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
3D Valdacil's Item Sorting - Soul Gems.esp
3E ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
++ Valdacil's Item Sorting - Smithing Smelter Categories.esp
3F WerewolfMastery.esp
40 JumpHigher_130.esp
41 ISCompendium CCO Patch.esp
42 KS Hairdo's.esp
43 VioLens.esp [Version 1.11]
44 NPCWaterAIScripted.esp
45 SCO Summer Edition.esp [Version 1.2]
46 ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
47 3DNPC.esp
48 ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
49 Resplendent - The Races Package.esp
4A DARTCOLORHAIRSnld.esp
4B Immersive Weapons.esp
4C Merchants Reply Only With Take A Look.esp
4D Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp [Version v6.5.2]
4E RavenRockExpanded.esp
4F SeverinManorImprovements.esp
50 Birdsofskyrim.esp
51 Solstheim - The Lost Levels.esp
52 ELFXEnhancer.esp
53 Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
54 Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
55 Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
56 Thunderchild - Dragon Language Words Patch.esp
57 Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp [Version v6.5.2]
58 Animallica.esp
59 skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
5A Immersive Dragonborn.esp
5B SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
5C Moss Rocks.esp
5D One With Nature - DG+DB.esp
5E http://WWW.esp
5F Predator Vision.esp
60 RaceMenu.esp
61 Sundys_Male_Presets.esp
62 Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp [Version 1.0.0]
63 Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
64 TrueBrows.esp
65 SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
66 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
67 Pre PaMa IW Patch.esp
68 WATER DB Waves.esp
69 Dogs-of-Skyrim.esp
6A multifollowerlite.esp
6B Inigo.esp
6C Earrings Set1.esp
6D Cloaks.esp
6E 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.3]
6F 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp [Version 2.3]
70 RiversideLodge.esp [Version 1.5.1]
71 PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
72 PerMa Weaponry Fillout.esp
73 Headless Perma.esp
74 PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
75 PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermyst.esp
76 PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
77 FeedTheAnimals.esp
78 Thunderchild - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
79 Point The Way.esp [Version 1.0.1a]
7A Map Markers Complete.esp
7B HorsesGoneWild.esp [Version 1.4]
7C SkyUI.esp
7D Dual Hand Combo Hotkeys.esp
7E AchieveThat.esp
7F SmashinFace.esp
80 Resplendent - EEO Compatibility Patch.esp
81 Sneaky_Serana.esp
82 SummonShadowMERCHANT.esp
83 TheChoiceIsYours.esp
84 MissingTotemPuzzlePillars.esp
85 BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
86 Torcs.esp
87 TTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.esp
88 KK_Lola_companion_wolfdog.esp
89 Sotteta Huntress Armor.esp
8A Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp
8B SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
8C Andragorn_Weapons.esp
8D Immersive Travelers.esp
8E More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp
8F WATER Plants.esp
90 bobsarmory.esp
91 Crossbows_Basic_Collection_EN_LL.esp
92 LadyKdCirclets.esp
93 Immersive Mercenaries.esp
94 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp [Version 1.2.4]
95 BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
96 conjure_chest.esp
97 UniqueBows.esp
98 garm_white.esp
99 Immersive Brigands.esp
9A Epona.esp
9B Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
9C Apocalypse - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
9D Apocalypse - More Apocalypse.esp
9E Apocalypse - More Apocalypse - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
9F ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
A0 IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp
A1 CS_TagAndTrack.esp
A2 IMAGINATOR - MCMenu.esp
A3 My Home Is Your Home.esp
A4 Mavari Armor.esp
A5 dovahkiinrelax.esp
A6 ScoutArmor.esp
A7 Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
A8 Valdacil's Item Sorting - Books.esp
A9 PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
AA Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0 non glow.esp
AB Wandererarmor.esp
AC WATER DG.esp
AD WATER.esp
AE zzArmormashups.esp
AF Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 1.esp
B0 Bashed Patch, 0.esp
B1 PatchusMaximus.esp
B2 Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dragonborn.esp
B3 warburg's 3d paper world map - dawnguard.esp
[/xml]
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

183 plugins o.o
I always try to keep my plugins under 100 because im worried the game will become unplayable otherwise. lol
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:183 plugins o.o
I always try to keep my plugins under 100 because im worried the game will become unplayable otherwise. lol
Most of them are small things that just change something simple and I can't do without. lol My game is stable though surprisingly, but I have had to optimize textures and I use ENBoost and SSME as well to make it run as well as can be expected. I get the stutters quite badly sometimes but I put up with a lot as long as the game doesn't crash every 5 minutes which so far, it's not doing. Not a single CTD as yet...fingers crossed, and this is the most mods I think I've ever used in Skyrim.

I try to stay away from too many scripted mods, but it also depends on what the scripts do and how often they update. For example, I am thinking of removing Immersive Armours 7 because it always causes the "flipping" carriage bug if I play through the normal start, and to be honest I don't use much from it anyway, so it's more eye candy than essential.

Re the carriage bug...it also happens in a vanilla game and I discovered when researching about it that it also happens on the XBox, but the only time it's ever happened to me is since I got IA7. Since I'm now using Perkus Maximux and it's patcher can take up to an hour, I'm not prepared to uncheck IA7 to get through the tutorial, recheck it , repatch etc, etc. I had to do it again today because I changed some mods around so it's not something I want to be doing very often.

I don't mind doing the tutorial bit as it's one of the only times you see the actual ultimate boss, but this time I had to get Alternate Start so I could even play the game. Had a couple of tries at that because I chose to be a Necromancer in his lair...lol, and I ended up in Sinderion's Workshop in Blackreach which was cool, but I kept getting killed as soon as I set foot outside the door. Those automatons are a lot faster than me....and there's one just outside the door. ;-((
Maigrets
Admin

Very important info re Perkus Maximus

Something i just discovered when looking reading through the PerMa comments.
If you start a game after running the PerMa Patcher and sometime later you find you want to add mods that have spells or new items, running the patcher again will reset your current gear to initial base values. eg...Any weapons or armours you have enchanted or tempered will be reverted to base values.

It seems this is intended according to T3ndo and I can actually see the reasoning behind it:
bla: ... and like the reProccer :p

I actually added code to not make it consistent. The reasons are duplicated FormID issues I'd get if you have, for example, two "Silver Sword" items in your load order.

If you run the patcher twice on an identical load order, nothing bad should happen, but if you add mods that cause secondary records to be added (spell book -> new scroll, new staff), stuff may get messed up.
Related comments:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59 ... 3449&pUp=1

Another reason to decide which mods you definitely want to use and not add more and since the patcher can take a very long time depending on the number and complexity of mods used, it's probably a good thing. When you see the impact in game you'll know why it takes so long.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah I can understand it as well, but I can also understand if a lot of people will not like it. They spend time and effort into improving items and then loose it because of the patcher?
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Yeah I can understand it as well, but I can also understand if a lot of people will not like it. They spend time and effort into improving items and then loose it because of the patcher?
Yeah, I understand both sides as well, and I imagine making the patcher was no easy feat and it does change a LOT of things in the game. It's a commitment of sorts. I don't tend to change my load order much anyway when I start a new character as that's when I can expect the game to freak out, so it doesn't matter too much to me. I sometimes add a new armour or something, but I won't be doing that now.

I do wish the documentation had been a bit more informative at release or even soon after though, as it would save a lot of people's problems and complaints. For example having to upgrade Java, what to expect from the patch and other important stuff like that. I believe the team are in the process of making a pdf so that will be something.

I do know the game is a lot harder now, or maybe that's because I'm playing a mage and everything one hits me if I'm not careful, and I'm only level 5 so far. Also, I kept confusing the controls since I've been playing KOAR so much which also didn't help. lol I'm actually enjoying the game so a good long break is worth it. Plus, I haven't had one CTD at all which is some kind of record since I'm using more mods than I ever have. And, I've probably jinxed myself by saying that. lol

I'm quite pleased with the Moonlight Tales Essentials mod. Although I do miss the threat of forced transformations, the music and a few other small things, this version just works perfectly. Less scripts. I'm using it with Werewolf Mastery and Bloodmoon Rising which isn't in that load order I posted. I did have an issue that had me wondering at first though which was that none of the WWM options seemed to take effect...ie ability to transform any time and longer cool downs etc. It seemed I was only able to use the Beast Form once a day as in vanilla, or so the game told me. But, I found that after the second transformation 24 hrs after the first, I was able to use all the functions of WWM. Spwned said he has some safety functions added in the scripts so maybe it's something to do with that.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL switching games can be a bit of a pain in the ... :)

It is good to see it is going well now, despite the fact that it seems a lot harder now. Do you use a difficulty mod with Perkus maximus?
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:LoL switching games can be a bit of a pain in the ... :)

It is good to see it is going well now, despite the fact that it seems a lot harder now. Do you use a difficulty mod with Perkus maximus?
Yeah, I don't know if it's me or that the game is definitely now harder even though PerMa isn't a difficulty mod as such. I know I'm getting killed a LOT, arrows are more deadly than they have ever been, and crossbows....say goodbye if a bolt hits you....lol I suspect that enemy NPC's now have the perks the player has access to. It certainly seems that way, but I'm not sure.

I also have two dogs and Inigo with me and can still die in a melee encounter, but then I don't have high health as a mage. I haven't yet come across mages which will be interesting since they get Apocalypse spells.

I'm playing on expert and using the modules from SkyRe which are compatible....Encounter Zones, Enemy AI and EnemyScaling. Only use the plugins, but not the resources or main esp. Expert is more than enough IMHO as it makes it fairer between combatants and is still challenging.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

So it seems the game has finally become the way it should have been ... it was only done by another person then those from Bethesda. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:So it seems the game has finally become the way it should have been ... it was only done by another person then those from Bethesda. :grin:
It's always been that way with Bethesda games, except with Morrowind for the most part. It's just as well mods = longevity, otherwise they would be out of business considering how buggy their games are.

I wonder how they will turn things around, or not, with TES 6 if it's in the works. I don't think there's even been an announcement and it's been 3 years now since Skyrim's release.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:It's always been that way with Bethesda games, except with Morrowind for the most part. It's just as well mods = longevity, otherwise they would be out of business considering how buggy their games are.
You are right, they would have been in a lot of trouble long ago already without the community fixing as much as they could themselves.
Maigrets wrote:I wonder how they will turn things around, or not, with TES 6 if it's in the works. I don't think there's even been an announcement and it's been 3 years now since Skyrim's release.
I have not seen any info as well on that, but it might be best if they leave it as it is. I have no freaking idea what TES6 would be about ... well other then another invasion by the Aldmeri Dominion. If they do I am not sure if I would buy it?
Maigrets
Admin

I have not seen any info as well on that, but it might be best if they leave it as it is. I have no freaking idea what TES6 would be about ... well other then another invasion by the Aldmeri Dominion. If they do I am not sure if I would buy it?
Me too. Doesn't interest me really, but whatever the case if I can't upgrade my PC by then it's a moot point. :-(

By the way regarding FNIS...works perfectly and only takes a few seconds. The added animations to the werewolf in MT Essentials is worth it, especially "super jump" and "howl at the moon" .lol.
Maigrets
Admin

A mod I just had to have since I have pets.

Feed the Animals
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59327/?

lol, I can make dog biscuits and feed them to my companion dogs. Lola and Garm love them and they give them a temp health and stamina boost. They don't really need it since they are essential, but there have been times since using Perma that they have been knocked out. It's a feel good thing. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Nice mod, should make the dogs more realistic. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I absolutely love using spears, especially the Partizan and a couple of other polearms in Dark Souls2 and have always wished for the same type of weapon with the proper animations in Skyrim. I just found this mod. 'Rock On!' It's not brand new, but I saw it on today's update list so I haven't had time to try it yet.

It's a 2 handed animation with spear thrusting attacks which looks really good in the video. Unfortunately, as h1zchan says animations for spears and polearms is severely limited due to engine restrictions, but this is a fantastic start. I would love to see one handed as well, but this will do nicely. I've never really been interested in playing with 2 handed weapons as their animations are awful and they are too slow, but spears can be devastating in PvE in DKS2 and I know people hate fighting people using them in PvP...lol.

Polearm and Two Handed Spear Animations
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53 ... w%3D&pUp=1

Not sure how this is going to work with Perma but I'm going to try it. I gather that the perks for two handed axes etc would work with it though as it's an animation change only.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah most likely it uses the animations of a two handed Axe or Greatsword. In Morrowind I have use a spear on occasion and it can certainly be fun. :)