Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Survive the Night is an interesting concept I agree - however for my tastes there is more than enough horror in the game already :D When I first played Morrowind I would close my eyes when fighting ghosts because they scared me so much - and as for the zombies *shudders* LOL
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

LoL yeah it is a mod apart, but i wanted to see how it would be. I really doubt that will use that mod after this play-through. :) And the ghosts in Morrowind with their almost invisible "Body" and the sudden sound shortly before they attack can certainly cause a short scare if you do not expect them at all.
Maigrets wrote:Did you notice the delinquent Master message at the bottom of your load order? Obviously if you've been playing it's not serious and causing crashes. :-o
I did notice that, and that is the reason that i personally still think the post patch should also be placed before Reproccer.esp. But you mentioned a while ago that the author told to load it after Reproccer.esp. Even though i have not noticed any strange because if this, does not mean that i am 100% comfortable with it...oh well.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Fessels wrote:LoL yeah it is a mod apart, but i wanted to see how it would be. I really doubt that will use that mod after this play-through. :) And the ghosts in Morrowind with their almost invisible "Body" and the sudden sound shortly before they attack can certainly cause a short scare if you do not expect them at all.
That's a good thing if you don't mind starting over often, but for myself I like to "try" to keep a character going for as long as possible, (which is a gamble with mods anyway), or until I get sick of them.

I guess a mod like that could be good to try as long as I remembered to keep a save before adding it, but I seldom remember to do that so I have to be careful about what I do add in case I can't remove it and ruin my character.

I actually do like the concept of it, but I'm not so sure it fits with the world of Skyrim. More like the game Amnesia which I'd bet the idea came from or something close to it.

I don't find anything in games to be scary. Sometimes gross and disgusting, but not scary as such. It's real life that's more worrying. :-(
Maigrets wrote:Did you notice the delinquent Master message at the bottom of your load order? Obviously if you've been playing it's not serious and causing crashes. :-o

I did notice that, and that is the reason that i personally still think the post patch should also be placed before Reproccer.esp. But you mentioned a while ago that the author told to load it after Reproccer.esp. Even though i have not noticed any strange because if this, does not mean that i am 100% comfortable with it...oh well.
Yes, well I guess the author knows best since she (I think) does a lot of patching for other mods. Don't take my word for it...you should read the STICKY post. There's obviously a good reason for it.

You could try it the way you prefer but I think you should expect problems eventually.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Yes, well I guess the author knows best since she (I think) does a lot of patching for other mods. Don't take my word for it...you should read the STICKY post. There's obviously a good reason for it.

You could try it the way you prefer but I think you should expect problems eventually.
I have read those posts yesterday so i should indeed keep it where it is now, but because of that warning i did make a post there yesterday to see if the author or any one else can tell me if it is safe to ignore that "Delinquent Master" warning. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I have read those posts yesterday so i should indeed keep it where it is now, but because of that warning i did make a post there yesterday to see if the author or any one else can tell me if it is safe to ignore that "Delinquent Master" warning. :)
I see you got it sorted out. :) Sometimes it's the simplest things that are easiest to overlook. I do it a lot myself which is why I should invest in Google shares. :grin:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah i got it sorted out with help from Razcor. :grin: BUT i noticed this afternoon that Diablo 3 hat already brought out patch 2.01 and 2.02 which finally improved a lot of the things in game. Things like loot and how smooth the game plays and such. :happy: SO i deleted all my former characters except for my level 60 / Paragon lvl 4 Barbarian just now and i will be playing Diablo 3 for a while again.

Maybe a bit of Skyrim in between but mostly Diablo 3. :woot:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Yeah i got it sorted out with help from Razcor. :grin: BUT i noticed this afternoon that Diablo 3 hat already brought out patch 2.01 and 2.02 which finally improved a lot of the things in game. Things like loot and how smooth the game plays and such. :happy: SO i deleted all my former characters except for my level 60 / Paragon lvl 4 Barbarian just now and i will be playing Diablo 3 for a while again.

Maybe a bit of Skyrim in between but mostly Diablo 3. :woot:

Yeah, I just got the new Thief game a couple of days ago but haven't started it yet. I have to do some PC maintenance first...ie uninstall some games I haven't played in nearly a year etc, but I'll do that on the weekend maybe. The PC version of Dark Souls 2 has been pushed back to the end of April I believe so I'll also still be playing DS1 and I might start doing some PvP with that. I'll have to hone my skills to the max to fight real humans though. :hang: Not really sure about it though as there are a lot of cheats and people using trainers which isn't fun, and Microsoft Live does nothing to monitor it. DS2 will have a better system though and NO MS Live...thank goodness.

I'm also going to rearrange my Skyrim load order which means starting over, but there are a few mods I want to try so it's inevitable. Plus, I'm not really "feeling" the game at the moment and with new games coming it's going to be pushed back further so maybe it's almost had it's day. We'll see. There's only so much time in a day...lol and a stable game beats an unstable one when it's time to decide which to play. I also want to get back to Fallout New Vegas at some point.

Have fun with Diablo 3....try not to die. :-D-)
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Tell us about the new Thief cause I am certainly interested in it.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Maigrets
Admin

MasterAub wrote:Tell us about the new Thief cause I am certainly interested in it.
I will. :) I'll give it it's own thread in the Other Games area though. It's had mixed reviews, but I don't necessarily take a lot of notice of them, especially the commercial ones. I prefer to read what actual players are saying and watch some Youtube videos, which I do for a lot of games, mainly older ones though. I don't care about spoilers so much as my experience will be different.

I think some of the negative reviews are really like all games with sequels these days. It's not the same as the old, they changed too much etc, etc.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Yeah, I just got the new Thief game a couple of days ago but haven't started it yet. I have to do some PC maintenance first...ie uninstall some games I haven't played in nearly a year etc, but I'll do that on the weekend maybe. The PC version of Dark Souls 2 has been pushed back to the end of April I believe so I'll also still be playing DS1 and I might start doing some PvP with that. I'll have to hone my skills to the max to fight real humans though. :hang: Not really sure about it though as there are a lot of cheats and people using trainers which isn't fun, and Microsoft Live does nothing to monitor it. DS2 will have a better system though and NO MS Live...thank goodness.

I'm also going to rearrange my Skyrim load order which means starting over, but there are a few mods I want to try so it's inevitable. Plus, I'm not really "feeling" the game at the moment and with new games coming it's going to be pushed back further so maybe it's almost had it's day. We'll see. There's only so much time in a day...lol and a stable game beats an unstable one when it's time to decide which to play. I also want to get back to Fallout New Vegas at some point.

Have fun with Diablo 3....try not to die. :-D-)
LoL to late, especially the wizard i started yesterday has to suffer at the moment. :grin: But from what i read on the D3 Forums the wizard has become much more powerful now that there we can improve the Area of Effect through the Paragon System.

Paragon old system: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10055287

Updated to this Paragon system: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718

Due to the fact that my level 60 barbarian currently has a Paragon level of 7 now ( got to love the 50% experience bonus Blizzard give for now. :D ) my level 10 Barbarian and level 9 Wizard also have a Paragon level of 7. :) For the new characters it does not really show the effect because the are still low level but my level 60 is a lot of fun. A lot of people now say the Barbarian has become boring but i beg to differ..i think the Barbarian has finally become what i hoped...a truly fearsome warrior. :twisted:
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Pure Weather

Thought you chaps and chapets would like this weather mod if you haven't already found it. So far i think its so much better than Climates of Tamriel, and with no performance loss! :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

No i hat not seen that one, it is from the same maker as Pure Waters. Most of the time i hat good experience with Pure Waters, so i will certainly try out Pure Weather some day. But not right now, to busy playing a different game. :)

Still thank you for posting it here Gork712, going to track it for now. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:Pure Weather

Thought you chaps and chapets would like this weather mod if you haven't already found it. So far i think its so much better than Climates of Tamriel, and with no performance loss! :D
It does look nice, but I'm like Fessels these days and playing a different game..ie Dark Souls and in a couple of weeks and a few days Dark Souls 2 which will take all of my gaming time for the foreseeable future. I might play Skyrim again one day as I'm still checking for new mods, but I don't know.

Thanks for the link though. :) Bookmarked.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Haha fair enough, ill be buried in Dark Souls 2 as well. :p
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:Haha fair enough, ill be buried in Dark Souls 2 as well. :p
Yeah, well the way it's looking I'll be putting in as many hours in DK and DK2 as with Skyrim, and without the bugs and crashes. There's just so much to do and DK2 is even bigger than DK by quite a lot, so I've read. Most of the long hours I've spent on Skyrim, in my case, is starting over to add or remove mods or because the official patches changed something, or because something messed up my saves.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I've been checking out various videos of DkS2 and investigating wiki pages and the game is so much deeper than the first one. New Game + is going to be very interesting me thinks. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:I've been checking out various videos of DkS2 and investigating wiki pages and the game is so much deeper than the first one. New Game + is going to be very interesting me thinks. :)
Same here. I'm following a Let's Play and checking out info on armours and weapons etc. I know some people like to go into their games blind without knowing much, but I'm a bit the opposite.

Since I pre-ordered DkS2 I'll be getting the Black Armour Edition which adds some starting gear. No idea how good it will be though.

18 days to go... :happy: :woot:
Maigrets
Admin

I've been giving Skyrim another go while I wait for Dark Souls 2 to arrive next week. I'm playing a male Dark Elf called Salamander...he's a mage who likes to burn things...lol.

I've reverted to SFO and also added Unique Grasses and Groundcovers, (which is compatible with SFO) as well. Unique Grasses doesn't overwrite anything, but adds new plants in areas where Bethesda didn't put any. It looks really nice.

Removed Dragon Combat Overhaul. I got sick of dragons flying away when their health gets low, and not returning, especially when it's quest related as in the very 1st one. Had enough of being ragdolled off cliffs as well. :hang: There's still plenty of challenge with Deadly Dragons.

Updated Immersive Armours to the latest since it has quite a few bug fixes, and also Immersive Creatures latest.

So far, fingers crossed, my game seems more stable. Only a couple of crashes in several hours which is a record lately.

Load Order:
Active Mod Files:
spoiler:
[xml]
00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0a]
03 Dawnguard.esm
04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
05 HearthFires.esm
06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
07 Dragonborn.esm
08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0]
09 ApachiiHair.esm
0A ApachiiHairFemales.esm
0B ApachiiHairMales.esm
0C Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
0D ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
0E JSwords.esm
0F Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
10 NewStyleEyes.esm
11 SGHairPackBase.esm
12 SPIKE.esm
** Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
13 Rainbows.esp
14 Immersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.esp
15 Immersive Sounds - Magic.esp
16 Immersive Sounds - Weaponry.esp
17 Immersive Sounds - Footsteps.esp
18 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp
19 AMatterOfTime.esp [Version 2.00]
1A Birdsofskyrim.esp
1B Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
1C CS_TagAndTrack.esp
1D Dogs-of-Skyrim.esp
1E Epona.esp
1F ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp
20 Immersive Brigands.esp
21 Immersive Dragonborn.esp
22 Immersive Factions.esp
23 Immersive Mercenaries.esp
24 Immersive Patrols.esp
25 Immersive Travelers.esp
26 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp
27 iNeed.esp
28 mcCampingLite.esp
29 MissingTotemPuzzlePillars.esp
2A Moss Rocks.esp
2B Point The Way.esp [Version 1.0.1a]
2C Pupetteer Master.esp [Version 1.6]
2D Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0 non glow.esp
2E SabreFurBag.esp
2F skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
30 Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp [Version v6.5.2]
31 Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp [Version v6.5.2]
32 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
33 Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
34 Valdacil's Item Sorting - Potions.esp
35 Valdacil's Item Sorting - Books.esp
++ Valdacil's Item Sorting - Smithing Smelter Categories.esp
36 Valdacil's Item Sorting - Soul Gems.esp
37 Character Creation Overhaul.esp
38 DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
39 IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp
3A RaceMenu.esp
3B SkyUI.esp
3C IMAGINATOR - MCMenu.esp
3D Dual Hand Combo Hotkeys.esp
3E 01ERA.esp
3F 1nivPantsArmor.esp
40 Andragorn_Weapons.esp
41 bobsarmory.esp
42 Cloaks.esp
43 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.3]
44 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp [Version 2.3]
45 Crossbows_Basic_Collection_EN_LL.esp
46 Earrings Set1.esp
47 EK_RingLimiter.esp
48 el_dovahjerkinretex.esp
49 Ghorza's Armor.esp
4A Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
4B Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
4C Immersive Weapons.esp
4D LadyKdCirclets.esp
4E Torcs.esp
4F Mavari Armor.esp
50 More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp
51 NDranger.esp
52 SabreCat_Gear.esp
53 SabrecatGear_AncientArmorVs_wFix.esp
54 ScoutArmor.esp
55 UniqueBows.esp
56 Wandererarmor.esp
57 http://WWW.esp
58 LC_immersiveLoot.esp
59 DeadlyDragons.esp
5A SkyRe_Main.esp
5B SkyRe_Main_Fix.esp
5C SkyRe_Combat.esp
5D SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
5E SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
5F SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
60 SkyRe_EnemyScaling_Fix.esp
61 SkyRe_HelmlessPerks.esp
62 Immersive Sounds - Magic SkyRe Patch.esp
63 SkyRe_SIC Crossbowfix.esp [Version v6.1.2]
64 WWW_SkyRe Patch.esp
65 Immersive Events.esp
66 My Home Is Your Home.esp
67 RiversideLodge.esp [Version 1.3.3]
68 Run For Your Lives.esp [Version 1.2.2]
69 SeverinManorImprovements.esp
6A Solstheim - The Lost Levels.esp
6B The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp [Version 1.2.4]
6C AchieveThat.esp
6D BetterQuestObjectives.esp
6E BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
6F BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
70 Book Covers Skyrim.esp
71 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
72 HorsesGoneWild.esp [Version 1.4]
73 JumpHigher_130.esp
74 Merchants Reply Only With Take A Look.esp
75 Unique Grasses.esp
76 SFO - Dragonborn.esp
77 SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
78 Convenient Horses.esp
79 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
7A dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
7B TheChoiceIsYours.esp
7C BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
7D aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
7E Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
7F RavenRockExpanded.esp
80 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
81 ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
82 ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
83 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
84 ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
85 prod80_CoT_patch.esp
86 ELFXEnhancer.esp
87 Predator Vision.esp
88 BloodmoonRising.esp
89 WerewolfMastery.esp
8A BetterQuestObjectives-MoonlightMasteryPatch.esp
8B Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp [Version 1.0.0]
8C conjure_chest.esp
8D dovahkiinrelax.esp
8E ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
8F ForgottenMagic_Redone_SkyRePatch.esp
90 SummonShadowMERCHANT.esp
91 Enchanting Freedom.esp
92 SwimmingEnemies.esp
93 The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
94 CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
95 Destruction Scaling for SkyRe.esp
96 Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
97 Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
98 FA Guard Helmet.esp
99 DARTCOLORHAIRSnld.esp
9A SKmalewarpaints.esp
9B Beards.esp
9C Brows.esp
9D Fh hairs-by zzjay.esp
9E SGHairPack04.esp
9F SGHairPack03.esp
A0 SGHairPack02.esp
A1 SGHairPack01.esp
A2 SGHairPack06.esp
A3 SGHairPack05.esp
A4 Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
A5 Presets 2-3.esp
A6 3DNPC.esp
A7 Inigo.esp
A8 multifollowerlite.esp
A9 Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
AA garm_white.esp
AB Sneaky_Serana.esp
AC FollowerWander2.esp
AD Follower Trap Safety.esp
AE CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
AF dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
B0 CharGen Morphs.esp
B1 ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
B2 TTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.esp
B3 No More Glowing Edges Mod.esp
B4 DialogueTweaks.esp
B5 WATER.esp
B6 WATER Plants.esp
B7 WATER DG.esp
B8 WATER DB Waves.esp
B9 Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
BA Bashed Patch, 0.esp
BB Pre ReProccer WAFR IA7 Patch.esp
BC ReProccer.esp
BD Post ReProccer Fixes IA7 Patch.esp
[/xml]
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Maigrets wrote:I've been giving Skyrim another go while I wait for Dark Souls 2 to arrive next week.
lol nobody can escape the mesmeraizing power of Skyrim. Enjoy your playthrough!
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:
Maigrets wrote:I've been giving Skyrim another go while I wait for Dark Souls 2 to arrive next week.
lol nobody can escape the mesmeraizing power of Skyrim. Enjoy your playthrough!
LoL it has a tendency to pull you back in. :grin:

But so far i am resisting it...i will wait and see how long i can do so. :)