Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

MasterAub wrote: lol nobody can escape the mesmeraizing power of Skyrim. Enjoy your playthrough!
I wouldn't call it mesmerizing...lol. The shine wore off ages ago.

I'm just messing around testing some mods and stuff until next week's game release, then I won't really have time for other games. Image
Fessels wrote:LoL it has a tendency to pull you back in. :grin:

But so far i am resisting it...i will wait and see how long i can do so. :)
Yes, it gets easier to resist as time goes on....lol. I was enthusiastic about Oblivion and Morrowind again awhile back and although I did play both quite a bit, (mostly MW) I haven't looked at either of them for months now.

You know what really stops me from bothering to play Skyrim sometimes :o Starting up Steam and then waiting what seems like ages for the game to get started. I haven't actually timed it, but it's close to 5 minutes or seems like it by the time the game menus appear, and my patience wears a bit thin. Then, the last straw is Steam may want to update delaying me getting into the game even more. All I want to do is play the game.... :angry:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Yeah i know what you mean, i hat times where i just got the game screen from Steam and then a message pops up that it needs to shut down for the update. ( Way to go Valve. ;-(( )
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Since I'm playing a Dark Elf this time I found the perfect mod to compliment it. A quest mod called Moon and Star.

It's a Morrowind style mod which adds quests, a small town populated by Dunmer, a dungeon, excellent voice acting (heard in a video.) It also has different ways to solve quests and depending on your responses, there are choices and consequences.

I've only just downloaded it so haven't played as yet, but according to comments you don't have to be a particular level. Comments are also very positive and there don't seem to be any bugs in the current version.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Oh my god, it was only a matter of time before some one took the time to do this. :grin: ( And no i am not ready yet to return to Skyrim....but i check the Nexus none the less at times. )

LiLarcor
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Oh my god, it was only a matter of time before some one took the time to do this. :grin: ( And no i am not ready yet to return to Skyrim....but i check the Nexus none the less at times. )

LiLarcor
LOL, I loved that mod for Oblivion. :D For some reason I thought there was already one for Skyrim. Guess I was wrong..lol.

I'll probably download it but like you I'm not ready to return to Skyrim...if ever in my case. I also check the new listings from time to time, but thinking about going back to all that micromanagement gives me the shivers quite frankly.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:LOL, I loved that mod for Oblivion. :D For some reason I thought there was already one for Skyrim. Guess I was wrong..lol.

I'll probably download it but like you I'm not ready to return to Skyrim...if ever in my case. I also check the new listings from time to time, but thinking about going back to all that micromanagement gives me the shivers quite frankly.
And i loved it in Morrowind, TundraWalker did a great job back then . :grin:

And i am also glad that i do not have to keep an eye on every setting in game...out game, mod updates and all the other things that eventually increase your chance of ripping your hair out. ( One way or the other. )
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote: And i am also glad that i do not have to keep an eye on every setting in game...out game, mod updates and all the other things that eventually increase your chance of ripping your hair out. ( One way or the other. )
I'm pretty sure that the TES series has contributed to some gray hair over the years. :cheese:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I'm pretty sure that the TES series has contributed to some gray hair over the years. :cheese:
Quit possible indeed. :grin:
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Still playing Skyrim with my level 62 character, done Dawngard, Dragonborn, Hyborain Age. Still have Falskaar to do. And I am on a mission to get all the word of Power (7 to go). Also Thief Guild, Assassin's Guild and the Companion of Jorvaskaar Guild remain to be done...Game pretty stable
In short I am a happy camper :)
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

That is great to hear MasterAub, hopefully on the day i do return to Skyrim i will become a happy gaming camper myself. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I was just checking the Nexus a bit to stay informed about what is newly made or changed, and i saw this mod...

Animallica - Skyrim Wildlife Overhaul

Looks good, has optimized 1k and 2k textures and even a version for those who do not like spiders.

And no i am not back to playing Skyrim. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:I was just checking the Nexus a bit to stay informed about what is newly made or changed, and i saw this mod...

Animallica - Skyrim Wildlife Overhaul

Looks good, has optimized 1k and 2k textures and even a version for those who do not like spiders.
It does look amazing actually. I'm going to download it and I might get to see it in game one day.
And no i am not back to playing Skyrim. :grin:
Yeah, my return to it lasted about two hours so far. There aren't enough hours, (or spare time,) in a day and like you, I'm occupied elsewhere atm.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: It does look amazing actually. I'm going to download it and I might get to see it in game one day.
Yeah it does actually. And one of the videos was funny to watch, that person has a heavy accent but a pretty captivating voice. :)
Maigrets wrote:Yeah, my return to it lasted about two hours so far. There aren't enough hours, (or spare time,) in a day and like you, I'm occupied elsewhere atm.
I guess most of us here are at the moment.
Maigrets
Admin

Maigrets wrote:Yeah, my return to it lasted about two hours so far. There aren't enough hours, (or spare time,) in a day and like you, I'm occupied elsewhere atm.

I guess most of us here are at the moment.
That's what the "Other Games" section is for ...lol. Otherwise, I guess everyone (besides you and me) would just fade away from here. It's nice to see people pop in occasionally to say hello though, and there are a LOT of lurkers, many of whom I imagine are coming to see what Waalx is up to.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Well you can probably see how many lurkers check to see if Waalx has made progress. ( When he can that is. )

And it is nice indeed to see some of the others drop by at times. :)
Maigrets
Admin

The author who made Seasons of Skyrim has returned with a complete new Climate Overhaul. Summer, Winter (both completely redone) and Tropical.

It looks quite good. I did like his summer version before but it didn't have much variation from area to area and it all looked the same to me. However this time it looks like he has done some different things and I'm tempted to try out the tropical version. I see pirate flags in some screenshots which is cool since I'm playing Risen 3.

Not keen on the ENB look, but the screenshots of the normal game look pretty good. Going to download anyway and maybe try it out sometime soon(ish).

Nexus gives me a reminder every time I download something now regarding all the mods I haven't endorsed. Trouble is I'm not going to endorse something I DL'ed on impulse (lots) and haven't got to try yet and probably won't, or mods I tried and found to have issues. I do endorse mods I do like when I remember, but I often don't get back to the page since there's the cool down period before I'm allowed so the list gets longer ...lol.

Anyway, Climate Overhauls - Summer-Winter-Tropical
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57728/?
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

The Tropical version could very well be a less intensive version ( At least it looks less intensive, but i could be mistaken. ) of Tropical Skyrim. Either way it looks well done from the look of it, then again the author does have enough experience in that area. :)
Maigrets
Admin

On the mod page it says that the grass might be a factor with the tropical version but there's an ini tweak to lower it which I think I'm already using with Flora Overhaul. The tropic version will also go well with the Animalica Wildlife Overhaul mod I think.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:On the mod page it says that the grass might be a factor with the tropical version but there's an ini tweak to lower it which I think I'm already using with Flora Overhaul. The tropic version will also go well with the Animalica Wildlife Overhaul mod I think.
I didn't thought of that, but you are right...considering the Zebra's and such.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

The animallica mod is really interesting. I would probably stick with the lore friendly version but will tweak it to my liking. I like animals so much.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été