Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Well i tried Armed to the teeth for a while not to long ago, but i found out that it was a waist of a esp slot for me. It worked fine for me do not get me wrong, and i have nothing against the mod. But with most of the TES games i have used only one weapon style.

The exception is Skyrim, where if i play a Sneaky character or a Warrior type then i use two weapons...namely a melee weapon and a bow. And with the warrior type i actually only use a bow against enemies that i can not reach easily at first, like enemies that try to stay out of melee reach and Dragons. :)

And the weapons i use with my current character are a Two hander from Berserk, not the huge one, but the sword Guts has when he joins Griffiths Band of the Hawk. And the Doomshard bow, and both weapons are bigger then the vanilla weapons...so it would look weird if my character would have both weapons equipped. :)
allotsman1
Fumbling Sworduser

[LB] and fully adapted to his armor and clothes.
Description:I tired to see these obscene alterations of a vanilla body. By altering the vanilla body the people for some reason don't want to realise that their replacers inherited bugs existed in a vanilla body. I quite assume they suit many users and they don't trouble with that.
They don't suit me but the normal replacer is not created (very surprised) for some reason.

That's why I decided to create my own female body replacer, which I called "Lady Body" [LB].
You can see it on her blog
http://cgkrista.blogspot.com/
download
http://modgames.net/load/0-1-165794-0-17
(need to register)
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Thanks for the link allotsman1. I've seen the LB body replacer on the Nexus unless it's been removed, which I assume is the case since registration is required to download it from the linked site.

For myself, I'm happy with the vanilla body so I haven't bothered with a female or male replacer for Skyrim, but others may be interested.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Maigrets
Admin

Just a heads up for anyone using the latest versions of Sounds of Skyrim. This was posted by Cliffworms the author who has hidden the mods for the time being due to a problem with scripts and possible save bloating.
Read his post here:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/137518 ... ge__st__60
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Maigrets
Admin

Now here's something I found when browsing the Official forums just now. It's still downloading as it's a huge file, and the Nexus is slow today for me (50KB/sec for a 450mb file= 2 hours+ :-( ), but this is what Bethesda needs to look at.

Professionally fully voiced NPC's with quests who can also be followers and lots more. The description, and importantly the user comments say it all, and it's compatible with everything except UFO, which I don't use anyway.

Interesting NPC's
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8429/
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Hmm that does look good, downloading. ( At around 600 kb/s, and already 208 MB downloaded. :twisted: )

But seriously though, thanks for the link to that mod Maigrets. )
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I've installed it but haven't been to any city yet except briefly in Markarth and Whiterun to drop off gear that I can't sell because it's too expensive. :( I spent five hours tonight crawling through Dwemer dungeons and no CTD's :-).

Going to make a point of searching out these people soon though and one is in Blackreach where I'll be heading soon.
( At around 600 kb/s, and already 208 MB downloaded. :twisted: )
Ha de har har... :P I should be getting the same as you but I picked the wrong server. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Okay i just found this one, so i can not speak from personal experience yet but this replacement for the Dark Brotherhood looks great on the screenshots.

The Dark Brotherhood Reforged
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I am not using a shield with my current character but it looks like fun, so i might use it with a future character. :)

Runic Trap Shields
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:I am not using a shield with my current character but it looks like fun, so i might use it with a future character. :)

Runic Trap Shields
Yes, I saw that earlier but Nexus was too busy. It does look interesting, and painful..lol. I'll probably give them a try.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Just a reminder for those who use it, USKP v1.2 is now out. I am linking to the thread on the Bethesda forums since it contains more then one download link. :)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/140836 ... thread-13/
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Hmm i just found this mod and looks really interesting. :)

SkyBirds-Airborne Perching Birds
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Hmm i just found this mod and looks really interesting. :)

SkyBirds-Airborne Perching Birds
That does look awesome and the amount of work to get them working must be incredible.

I haven't played Skyrim for a few weeks and I'm getting some work done on my PC today and so I'll be reinstalling Windows and all that boring stuff, but I do feel the need to have another play. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder...lol.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:That does look awesome and the amount of work to get them working must be incredible.
Agreed.
Maigrets wrote:I haven't played Skyrim for a few weeks and I'm getting some work done on my PC today and so I'll be reinstalling Windows and all that boring stuff, but I do feel the need to have another play. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder...lol.
LoL i know what you mean, that is why i have been playing KoAR mostly the past two weeks or so. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Just found this. Super Skyrim Bros. I remember playing the Oblivion version by the same author and it was awesome.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24709

I'm going to give it a go once I get my mods back in game after reinstalling. This mod has it's own worldspace so it doesn't interfere with anything in the Skyrim world.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Just found this. Super Skyrim Bros. I remember playing the Oblivion version by the same author and it was awesome.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24709

I'm going to give it a go once I get my mods back in game after reinstalling. This mod has it's own worldspace so it doesn't interfere with anything in the Skyrim world.
Looks like a lot of work went into that one. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

FINALLY...ThomasKaira made a mod that makes it possible. :happy:

Freedom of Speech

Definitely going to install this one this week. :)
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Been playing with these two mods on the past week and i can say the screenshots dont do them justice at all, worth installing for a look id say.

Inhabitants of Skyrim - NPC Overhaul

Skyrim HD Environments
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:FINALLY...ThomasKaira made a mod that makes it possible. :happy:

Freedom of Speech

Definitely going to install this one this week. :)
"Gods be praised" as Eorlund Gray-Mane says. :)

I just started a new game...well I'm at level 19 but haven't joined any guilds yet and have only a couple of shouts so it should work for me without starting over. :happy:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

And my character is still very low level, heck i have not been to Whiterun yet to get the Bleak falls barrow quest, so i think it should be save to install and use Thomas mod without re-starting my character. Although that also means i could restart easily...i will see what i will decide. :grin:

EDIT

For those of you who downloaded and installed Thomas mod already, please read through the release thread on the Beth forums.

[Relz] Freedom of Speech