Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Thank you for the link maigrets, i will read it all later. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I am so, so tempted to try this. I wanted to start over and reorganize my mods so......bye bye Lore...lol. Going to download anyway (897mb.)

Tropical Skyrim - A Climate Overhaul. Looks absolutely awesome. The amount of work this must have taken boggles the mind. Imagine dragons in this tropical setting. :shock:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I am so, so tempted to try this. I wanted to start over and reorganize my mods so......bye bye Lore...lol. Going to download anyway (897mb.)

Tropical Skyrim - A Climate Overhaul. Looks absolutely awesome. The amount of work this must have taken boggles the mind. Imagine dragons in this tropical setting. :shock:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017
What the... :woot:

That does look awesome alright, started downloading. Shjees almost 900 mb packed, now i am glad i have cable modem and pay a fixed amount per month no matter how much or how long i am online. :shock:

Anyway since it makes so many changes to many things i will restart again, to avoid al kinds of problems. Also means i will have to remove several mods and retextures, and i will have to wait and see how compatible it is with Riverside Lodge. I am curious as to how it will turn out and play, either way thank you for posting that link Maigrets...and LoL to your new Avatar. :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I spent a couple of hours cleaning out some mods and replacing a few like Enhanced Combat instead of SkyRe, and some tweaking etc. I backed up my textures and meshes folders and installed the Tropical mod. It is unbelievable. Just unbelievable....lol. Uncompressed it's 1.5GB.

I'm only at Riverwood with a new character but it's like a totally new game. You might want to try the lower Bloom option (which I thought I had added, but forgot) because it's very bright on normal. So far I haven't had problems with FPS, but as I said I'm only at Riverwood. I am going to defrag the Skyrim dir though as the mod adds so many loose files.

You'll be happy to know that Riverside Lodge is now a tropical haven and no problems at all. You will notice that it's re-textured now though with bamboo on part of the walls and small palm trees in pots. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Now that is really good to know about Riverside Lodge. :happy:

And i already installed the mod with the low bloom esp, i also ran the textures folder and BSA of the mod through Optimizer. For the textures folder it only saved 1.6 mb, but the BSA went from 41 mb to 15 mb. I can not wait to begin and see it for myself. :woot:
Maigrets
Admin

I don't like the new loading screens much and others have said the same, so hopefully they'll get changed. They are minor things in the scheme of things though. Apparently sand storms are a fps killer and the author is aware.

I can foresee many new mods coming out to complement the new tropical look. The birds and bugs, plants, new look buildings and ruins...just everything I've seen and heard so far is amazing.

I would have played further last night but I had to get up early, and even then I still stayed up longer than I should have. A regular case of "play now, pay later." :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah i was also not fond of the loading screen backgrounds. I have for now stopped using it for two reasons.

* Reason 1 is the absolute sheer density of the forests, after walking around in it for like 20 minutes my FPS would get to a point where i would think..." Damn? ".

* Reason 2 is indeed because of the Sandstorms...Holy freaking hell? In the time i played with Tropical Skyrim it happened that a Sandstorm broke out, and lets just say at that
moment a big block of concrete could walk faster then the gruelling slideshow that was my view on tropical Skyrim. :-(

So i removed the mod for the moment, but i am keeping track of the mod, because the first time i started Skyrim back up again after removing Tropical Skyrim it was like..."Bleh normal looking Skyrim again." :grin: I am now used to SFO summer edition again, but when in the future the author of Tropical Skyrim has worked out the FPS issues and maybe made the forests much less dense then i will immidiatly install it again. DAMN did it look awesome, indeed as if it was a completely new game.

EDIT:

LoL there is already some one who brought out a mod specifically for Tropical Skyrim...that was fast. :grin:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33181/
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Yeah i was also not fond of the loading screen backgrounds. I have for now stopped using it for two reasons.

* Reason 1 is the absolute sheer density of the forests, after walking around in it for like 20 minutes my FPS would get to a point where i would think..." Damn? ".
I wonder if the birds contribute to that as there are a lot of them. Someone mentioned it in the comments. Same thing that has happened to you will probably get me too, but I'll have a bit of a look around to see the new stuff first. I do like the "real" Skyrim landscape in general but going back to vanilla after this will be hard. I'll probably leave it as is awaiting updates as I have other games in progress. What I should do is setup a separate install for both, but I can't be bothered.
* Reason 2 is indeed because of the Sandstorms...Holy freaking hell? In the time i played with Tropical Skyrim it happened that a Sandstorm broke out, and lets just say at that
moment a big block of concrete could walk faster then the gruelling slideshow that was my view on tropical Skyrim. :-(

So i removed the mod for the moment, but i am keeping track of the mod, because the first time i started Skyrim back up again after removing Tropical Skyrim it was like..."Bleh normal looking Skyrim again." :grin: I am now used to SFO summer edition again, but when in the future the author of Tropical Skyrim has worked out the FPS issues and maybe made the forests much less dense then i will immidiatly install it again. DAMN did it look awesome, indeed as if it was a completely new game.
I'm yet to see a sandstorm, haven't got that far but it doesn't sound like fun. Actually in the Oblivion mod, Elsweyr - Deserts of Anequina, the sandstorms were an annoyance. They didn't impact on fps, but they stayed around too long and I hate not being able to see right in front of me.

It would be nice if the author of Tropical Skyrim could make some things optional via a config menu, but that would probably be difficult as well. I don't really know.

EDIT:

LoL there is already some one who brought out a mod specifically for Tropical Skyrim...that was fast. :grin:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33181/
Yeah, ultra hi res textures. :sad: I really need to upgrade but that's not happening anytime soon. Hi Res isn't a real concern for me as much as gameplay and other things, but I'm using so many texture replacers already and I often choose a lower rez option if the author offers it so I can run more. lol
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL yeah i actually should upgrade my computer as well, but i simply do not have the money for it right now to do it right.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:LoL yeah i actually should upgrade my computer as well, but i simply do not have the money for it right now to do it right.
Ditto. :-(

I played for several hours tonight and had no problems except in the swamps near Morthal where the ground is literally a carpet of (very realistic) grass. It did help when I reduced the grass view distance though. A low poly grass mod would be nice...lol. Still haven't come across a sandstorm though.

In general my game is running better with this mod as usually I can only play for a couple of hours and have to shut down and restart because it starts lagging and jerking badly and will eventually crash if I keep playing. Due to all the texture replacers, I imagine. That isn't happening at all now. It seems that the Tropical textures and meshes are better optimized than Bethesda's own files.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Well i did notice that indeed areas like what was once the Tundra and Cities where running smoother then normal alright. With a exception of Markath which was still very acceptable in my opinion, but it was still noticable that due to there being a bit more trees that the FPS hat dropped a bit. :)

I never saw the Swamp area around Morthal so i can say anything about it.
Maigrets
Admin

I haven't seen any raptors yet. I still have wolves which were supposed to be replaced, but I'm happy to keep wolves.

I removed Monster Mod for the present in case of conflicts but I don't think there will be any except for a heart attack when something jumps out of the jungle with evil intent.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I hat the same thing, i never did see Raptors, and around Riverwood i got jumped by two wolves and a huge bear at character level 1. ( Some times i hate ASIS, but it is to good not to use. :) ) With those thick forests they can indeed jump you before you know precisely where they are coming from, as such creating a moment for..." * CLEAR *... huh..what happened? "
Maigrets
Admin

Yeah, it's odd that I don't see the raptors but I am getting the gorilla (trolls) and tigers etc. Haven't seen pandas yet but I also haven't been in bear country.

Soolie has posted that an update is coming soon to fix the sandstorms and grass and a few other things.
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Argh!

Tropical Skyrim has been updated at a speed faster than I expected! :shock:
Maigrets
Admin

Tropical Skyrim update is up. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah i saw that, but there is no mention of having decreased the density of the forests. And although Soolie addressed the Sandstorm issue i see no one mentioning something about it...yet. So i am still keeping track of the mod, but will not reinstall it yet to retry it. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Yeah i saw that, but there is no mention of having decreased the density of the forests. And although Soolie addressed the Sandstorm issue i see no one mentioning something about it...yet. So i am still keeping track of the mod, but will not reinstall it yet to retry it. :)
The forests have been lessened a bit it seems but I haven't yet been to places like Falkreath. The sandstorms have definitely been fixed as I've been through a few of them with no problems. Barely noticed except I couldn't see and they don't last long.

One issue I'm having, and other people as well, is in some smaller caves some trees block access to walkways and you either have to use tlc or "disable" the offending tree in the console. The loading screens weren't removed either so I hope that comes next although it's a minor thing I guess.

Having said that though this is the most beautiful experience I've had in a game as far as aesthetics. Every time I come over a hill, out of a wooded area, or the sun is rising in the morning, or at sunset, I just can't believe how awesome it is. I won't be going back to snow and ice.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Well i guess i will download the update then and then try it out again. Better now then later because updating another mod i use did not go well and most savegames where causing some problems. Does mean i will have to remove CoT and SFO summer edition for the second try, but that is okay.

BTW eventhough i hat not installed Tropical Skyrim at that time, i did install a certain mod this afternoon simply to try it out. And it fits in pretty well with Tropical Skyrim as you will see. ( Or Already know. :) )

Prides of Skyrim
Maigrets
Admin

COT works fine as long as you load any modules after Tropical Skyrim since COT is an esm, although I have removed it now myself to see if there are any differences. I can't see any actually so there doesn't seem to be any point in having both. Make sure to have Tropical Skyrim last or as close to last as possible in load order to see all the changes. I did remove SFO before starting my new character because I'm pretty sure that isn't compatible with all the new flora etc.

Re the heavy jungle areas again...I'm pretty sure they are better now since the meshes and collision were updated...or it's my imagination. :) Soolie has mentioned another update soon with some modular things, so it can only get better.

I have seen Prides of Skyrim mentioned before but never got around to checking it out. Downloading. The lions look amazing. Thanks for the link.