Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:I looked at the Combat Music mod and to tell you the truth I have never even noticed the absence of the music at higher levels. In a way I like it like that as it's a bit more immersive and one can often be surprised, not always in a good way..lol, when you don't know an enemy is around. Not that that happens often as my followers let me know soon enough.
Well i think many people will not even notice it, put i did. And i like to hear music ingame, for me it adds a whole lot to the game. After MW was out for about a year or two i tried playing with the music at a very low level...but even back then i did not like it. :grin:
Maigrets wrote:I'm going to give the game another go in a day or so. I deleted a couple of hours of saves from before the CTD's started with my Wood Elf and reverted back to the previous versions of the Unofficial Patches I was using. I sincerely doubt it was the patches, can't see how it would be, but something obviously went wrong straight after I updated them. Some kind of co-incidental mod interaction or save corruption due to a crashes, I guess. I haven't actually tried my other character who was fine to see if something was messed up there.
My understanding of the Unofficial Patches is that the advice was to not update them with a existing character, but to only update them if you know you are going to start a new character? Or am i mistaken them with another mod...right now i am not sure about that? :anyone:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

My understanding of the Unofficial Patches is that the advice was to not update them with a existing character, but to only update them if you know you are going to start a new character? Or am i mistaken them with another mod...right now i am not sure about that? :anyone:
I'm not sure, but I've done it before without any problems. The only thing I know for sure is any fixes by the patch won't be applied if a quest for example, has already been started or a location visited, which should be obvious.

The newest version I added had a couple of bugs, and the next had another bug related to Soul Trap, but neither of them were anything that should have affected me. There's another version again now, but I think I'll wait and continue my current characters with the older one.

So, how many times have you died now? :hang: :grin:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:So, how many times have you died now? :hang: :grin:
LoL i decided to stop counting. :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I just downloaded Skyrim Project Optimization because I saw it linked on the Nexus forums, and then remembered it's in your load order. It sounds good, especially for interiors like Jorrvaskr that sometimes takes longer to load than going from an interior to exterior. That huge fire pit doesn't help, especially when using lighting mods.

Question..lol, do you see a noticeable benefit? I'm going to try it anyway when I get around to it, but thought I'd ask.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I just downloaded Skyrim Project Optimization because I saw it linked on the Nexus forums, and then remembered it's in your load order. It sounds good, especially for interiors like Jorrvaskr that sometimes takes longer to load than going from an interior to exterior. That huge fire pit doesn't help, especially when using lighting mods.

Question..lol, do you see a noticeable benefit? I'm going to try it anyway when I get around to it, but thought I'd ask.
Well personally i did see quit an improvement after i first started using it, but i have also seen people report that they did not notice any improvement. The problem with mods like this is that it can react differently on every ones computer system and game. Some one with a older system might notice quit an improvement ( Like me. ) but some one with a better graphics card or something, or a very new computer system might notice nothing at all.

If i remember correctly then you have a older system as well, so all i can say at moments like these is...try it out and see what happens. Because to be honest with improvement mods like this i can not say for certain what it will do for another person...just what it does for me...sorry Maigrets. :-(
Maigrets
Admin

Well personally i did see quit an improvement after i first started using it, but i have also seen people report that they did not notice any improvement. The problem with mods like this is that it can react differently on every ones computer system and game. Some one with a older system might notice quit an improvement ( Like me. ) but some one with a better graphics card or something, or a very new computer system might notice nothing at all.

If i remember correctly then you have a older system as well, so all i can say at moments like these is...try it out and see what happens. Because to be honest with improvement mods like this i can not say for certain what it will do for another person...just what it does for me...sorry Maigrets. :-(
lol, It was just a yes or no question out of interest, not requiring a detailed answer. :) and I do realize that everyone is different. I did read some of the mod comments.

Yes, my system is getting to be geriatric. I've added the mod but haven't been to an area yet where I could see if it helps or not.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Hi everyone,

I've installed it as well (was on my load order since day 1). Can't say it helps but it certainly does not hurt :-o oups I know it doesn't help much.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Maigrets
Admin

Just found this on the Nexus. I always thought the Dragonborn's dialogue responses were either lazy or too modern for the setting. Much like the Khajiit Speak mod this is for the other races, more or less. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm definitely going to.

Immersive Player Dialogue

I saw another mod the other day that gives the player a voice, mainly in combat but it uses vanilla voices, none of which I particularly like, at least for my character. The author did say he may extend it to use other types though so it may be worth looking at later. I use a similar mod in Oblivion and it's fantastic, and doesn't use the actual game voices...thank goodness. It makes character more real instead of a mute nobody.

Player Voicesets
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

The dialogue one is nicely done, and will definitely be of good use for some people. But i am personally not concerned about the "modern" language use. As for the Player voice mod...hmmm i will track it for the moment because it does look interesting indeed.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Hmm even Arthmoor is enthusiastic about the mod, and he does not make posts like that often. ( At least as far as i know that is :) )

Snow Shader Fix
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Hmm even Arthmoor is enthusiastic about the mod, and he does not make posts like that often. ( At least as far as i know that is :) )

Snow Shader Fix
Looks good, but did you see Arthmoor's further comments and other user's comments re some issues that need fixing. It seems Bethesda left it out for a reason or didn't have time to bother making it work properly.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:
Fessels wrote:Hmm even Arthmoor is enthusiastic about the mod, and he does not make posts like that often. ( At least as far as i know that is :) )

Snow Shader Fix
Looks good, but did you see Arthmoor's further comments and other user's comments re some issues that need fixing. It seems Bethesda left it out for a reason or didn't have time to bother making it work properly.
Yeah i just saw that, and i checked in Morthal. I get the same thing, but as long as it is on walkways and the roofs then i can live with that. I just think that the people in Skyrim do the same thing as many people do here in the Netherlands when snow covers public walkways...they use snow shovels to clean the walkways. :) And as for the roofs...well i just pretend that the heat from inside the houses warms the roofs just enough to keep most snow of. ( Not 100% fool proof, but still a possibility. :) )
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Smarter Combat Music

Here is a pretty interesting and immersive sounding new mod i thought you all might like. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Gork712 wrote:Smarter Combat Music

Here is a pretty interesting and immersive sounding new mod i thought you all might like. :)

It certainly looks interesting. But first of all it would add another mod with scripts...and more importantly i have no idea how it would play with the Personalized Music Mod and the Fix Combat Music mod? I think i will track it for the moment and watch how it develops, thank you Gork712. :)
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Fessels wrote:
Gork712 wrote:Smarter Combat Music

It certainly looks interesting. But first of all it would add another mod with scripts...and more importantly i have no idea how it would play with the Personalized Music Mod and the Fix Combat Music mod? I think i will track it for the moment and watch how it develops, thank you Gork712. :)

It uses an MCM menu for its scripts so it shouldn't have any script lag unless you have a slow cpu, in which case any mod would cause lag. :P
Ive not used the personalized music mod so im not sure how it would work with that mod either but i'm sure we may find out some more info eventually, theres bound to be some feedback for the author regarding custom music.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Gork712 wrote: It uses an MCM menu for its scripts so it shouldn't have any script lag unless you have a slow cpu, in which case any mod would cause lag. :P
It is not so much for the lag, but more for increasing the chance of something going wrong in game. I already use a lot of mods with Scripts and MCM menu's, and if for some weird reason SCM clashes with one of those mods...then solving the problem can have effects on a save game that i do not need / want.
Gork712 wrote:Ive not used the personalized music mod so im not sure how it would work with that mod either but i'm sure we may find out some more info eventually, theres bound to be some feedback for the author regarding custom music.
And that is one of the reasons that i am tracking the mod for now. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Yeah i just saw that, and i checked in Morthal. I get the same thing, but as long as it is on walkways and the roofs then i can live with that. I just think that the people in Skyrim do the same thing as many people do here in the Netherlands when snow covers public walkways...they use snow shovels to clean the walkways. :) And as for the roofs...well i just pretend that the heat from inside the houses warms the roofs just enough to keep most snow of. ( Not 100% fool proof, but still a possibility. :) )
That's why I wouldn't bother in the first place. It's another mod added to the list that does something I probably wouldn't notice much anyway and needs tweaking to work properly.

@Gork712
Smarter Combat Music

Yes, I looked at that mod and I probably will use it. The vanilla combat music is annoying at times when it starts AFTER the fight is over or not at all. Personally, I would be more immersed without an indicator to tell me I'm about to fight, but this mod seems like a good alternative. I like the dragon combat music though. That's more epic.

After all this time, (well a couple of years), I still love the Skyrim soundtrack more than any other game music in recent times...that I've played of course.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:That's why I wouldn't bother in the first place. It's another mod added to the list that does something I probably wouldn't notice much anyway and needs tweaking to work properly.
Well for this play through i will keep it installed, the snow does look good with it. BUT if it indeed turns out we will need to use SMIM in the future ( Or something similar. ) then i will not use it any more. I do not know what it is, but there is something about SMIM that keeps me away from using it?
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

My new Mod list.

Active Mod Files:
spoiler:
00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.2a]
03 Dawnguard.esm
04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.2]
05 HearthFires.esm
06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.2]
07 Dragonborn.esm
08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.1]
09 ApachiiHair.esm
0A ApachiiHairFemales.esm
0B Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
0C ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
0D Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
0E Solstheim Climate Overhaul.esm
0F Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
10 Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
11 Serana.esp
12 Aetherius.esp
13 FixCombatMusic.esp
14 PersonalizedMusic - NoVanillaMusic_v5.0.esp
15 Cutting Room Floor.esp [Version 1.0.4]
16 TradeBarter.esp
17 Aurora - The Doomstone Package.esp
18 FISS.esp
19 GuessDistance.esp
1A HoldBorderBanners.esp
1B Instant Merchant.esp
1C Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Default.esp
1D Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp [Version v6.5.1]
1E Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp [Version v6.5.1]
1F AutoConsumePotions.esp
20 High Level Enemies - SIC.esp [Version 1.6a]
21 SkyTweak.esp
22 towConversation.esp
23 SkyUI.esp
24 iHUD.esp
25 Dual Hand Combo Hotkeys.esp
26 TakeNotes.esp
27 DCR_Blade_Set.esp
28 Fortuatis Bow v2.esp
29 SilveredDawnbreaker.esp
2A EK_RingLimiter.esp
2B Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
2C Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
2D Immersive Weapons.esp
2E ElementalArrows.esp
2F KWTelescope.esp
30 PrinceandPauper.esp
31 Raven Witch Armor.esp
32 ScarletDawnArmor.esp
33 UltraVision.esp
34 Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
35 ERSO 03 - Mighty Dragons DG.esp
36 ERSO 03.3 - Mighty Dawnguard Dragons.esp
37 ERSO 03.4 - Mighty Dragonborn Dragons.esp
38 ERSO 03.5 - New Dragon Loots.esp
39 ERSO 04 - Mighty Odahviing.esp
3A ERSO 04.2 - Mighty Durnehviir.esp
3B ERSO 09 - Vendor Trainer Quest-giver protected USKP.esp
3C ShiverFrostCottage.esp
3D SkyRe_Main.esp
3E SkyRe_Combat.esp
3F SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
40 ERSO 30 - Better Enemy AI Dawnguard&Dragonborn.esp
41 Morrowloot.esp
42 Unique Uniques.esp [Version 1.5]
43 Freedom of Speech -- Dawnguard.esp
44 Inconsequential NPCs.esp
45 OBIS.esp
46 OBISDB.esp
47 Survive The Night.esp [Version 1.03]
48 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp [Version 1.2.7]
49 Bounty Gold.esp [Version 1.0]
4A dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
4B dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
4C SpectacularNightEye.esp
4D TheChoiceIsYours.esp
4E TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
4F TimingIsEverything.esp
50 Tamriel Reloaded.esp
51 SnowShaderFix.esp
52 BFT Ships and Carriages - HF.esp
53 SoundPropagationOverhaul.esp
54 DragonWarrior-Lighting.esp
55 DragonWarrior-Effects.esp
56 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
57 ELFX - Exteriors.esp
58 ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
59 ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
5A ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
5B ELFXEnhancer.esp
5C SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp [Version 1.2.]
5D DynamicPotions.esp
5E Player Knockout.esp
5F The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
60 Auto Health, Magicka and Stamina.esp
++ Auto Health, Magicka and Stamina - Customised Settings.esp
61 InnovaEyes.esp
62 TheEyesOfBeauty.esp [Version 9]
63 TSFemaleWarPaints.esp
64 NonEssentialChildren.esp
65 CharacterMakingExtender.esp
66 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
67 EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
68 NormalVampireFaces.esp
69 TrueBrows.esp
6A PhysicsImpactDamageFix.esp
6B Purewaters.esp
6C Skyrim Unbound.esp
6D Resplendent - The Races Package.esp
6E Altar and Amulets Redone DG+DB.esp
6F Map Markers Complete.esp
70 Unique Region Names.esp [Version 2.1]
71 Isharas_KeyRing.esp
72 Scarcity - Less Loot Mod.esp
++ Scarcity - 6x Loot Rarity.esp
++ Scarcity - 6x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
73 Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 3.esp
74 warburg's 3d paper world map - dawnguard.esp
75 Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dragonborn.esp
76 Bashed Patch, 0.esp
77 Pre ReProccer WAFR IA7 UU Patch.esp
78 ReProccer.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: Post ReProccer Fixes IA7 UU Patch.esp
79 Post ReProccer Fixes IA7 UU Patch.esp

And the mod that adds the...twist to Maiev the Thief / Assassin

Survive the Night

This mod is the main reason why i have not kept Inigo, as a bit more role play so to speak i thought that in the long run she would not trust any one to fight by her side. But with a next character i will re-install Inigo again, i want to finish the game at least once with him. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Did you notice the delinquent Master message at the bottom of your load order? Obviously if you've been playing it's not serious and causing crashes. :-o

Survive the Night does sound interesting but could get really annoying after awhile and it's advised not to uninstall it. I would have liked the idea more if it was a quest of some kind...ie a haunted house or plane, but not affecting everything I do in the entire game.