Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I'm going to be switching to the Tropical overhaul and Animalica over the next couple of days or so. I have to remove Climates of Tamriel as it's not compatible, as well as SFO and a couple of other environmental mods, but since watching some review videos of the Tropical version I really, really like the look. Textures are on average 1K and I could run the original Tropical Skyrim mod without problems, except for the grass in the swamp which can be helped via the ini, so I'm hoping this one is the same.

One thing people are commenting on is the big leaf plants in dungeons which is a problem the original TS mod had, but AceeQ has acknowledged it and has an update coming soon. The problem for him is those dungeon plants need to be edited by hand, which would be very time consuming, otherwise there will be incompatibilities with Enhanced Lighting and FX. That's assuming the update includes this change or a different, smaller plant species. Anyway, console "disable" will work again as before...lol.

I'm going to be doing all this on an existing save, (albeit it a low level one that I don't really care too much about,) which I know is asking for trouble, but I just want to see what it looks like before starting a character I want to keep.

The new version of Inigo is set for release on the 18th with lots more dialogue and content, so I'm looking forward to that as well. Image
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

I was going to recommend the climate overhaul mod by AceeQ as an alternative since he has tropical version of the mod but it seems he has hidden his mod after getting annoyed at the comments. o.0
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:I was going to recommend the climate overhaul mod by AceeQ as an alternative sine he has tropical version of the mod but it seems he has hidden his mod after getting annoyed at the comments. o.0
Yeah, that's the one I'm going to be using. I already downloaded it last week, but haven't done anything with it yet . AceeQ did this last time with his earlier climate overhaul versions. I know what it's like, but you'd think he'd know it was going to happen and be prepared this time. It would get you down though.

I bet the annoying comments were all about changing seasons in real time. That's what happened last time. The processing power needed to do that would be huge and the game engine just wouldn't handle it anyway. No matter how many times AceeQ says it and puts the info in a Sticky, which most don't bother to read, obviously, people still ask the same old questions. Some people are just stupid.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

To be honest i did think of a changing seasons mod when i first saw his work but i can't see any way it would even work in Skyrims' engine.
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:To be honest i did think of a changing seasons mod when i first saw his work but i can't see any way it would even work in Skyrims' engine.
I can see how anyone would think about it, that's natural, I did as well. It would be something special, that's for sure and the first game to do it would make billions. The problem is the people who just keep on and on about it and don't read the info right in front of their faces that says it can't be done.

There was a big thread on the Nexus forums awhile ago where everyone was talking about how to get it to work, but it never went anywhere and I stopped reading after the first couple of pages.
Maigrets
Admin

AceeQ's mods can be found here now as he will no longer be uploading to the Nexus. He explains why in the first link. These are the Climate Overhauls - Summer, Winter and Tropical.

Mod Page
https://sites.google.com/site/aceeqmodding/

Tumblr Blog where updates and new projects can be found. The Forsaken Paradise mod looks very nice. I will be watching to see it's progress.
http://aceeq-modding.tumblr.com/
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

It is a shame that he hat to do this, but i can understand it as well. Thanks for the heads up on this Maigrets.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:It is a shame that he hat to do this, but i can understand it as well. Thanks for the heads up on this Maigrets.
No problem. :) I really like what he's done with the mod and I was going to install it today or tomorrow, but he has a big update coming for the tropical part so I'm going to wait for that I think. There will be new trees and other plants using assets from Oblivion resource mods. I'm looking forward to seeing it in game.

On another subject...Seashells for Skyrim - new today and looks great. It's the little things that really make a difference at times.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58164/?
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I do not think i saw a mod like that before, but it is a nice touch none the less. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

I love that Seashell mod :D I was born and raised by the seaside and used to have seashells all over the place. Thank you so much Maigrets for the link.
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I love that Seashell mod :D I was born and raised by the seaside and used to have seashells all over the place. Thank you so much Maigrets for the link.
You are welcome. :) BTW V2.0 of Inigo comes out sometime today. I'm waiting for that as it recommends starting a new game as there's so much new content.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

It's live now Maigrets :D I have one character at level 88 who will have to miss the new dialogue, but the rest are all new or re-made characters still in Helgen :D
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:It's live now Maigrets :D I have one character at level 88 who will have to miss the new dialogue, but the rest are all new or re-made characters still in Helgen :D
Thanks.. :) I got him, and several other new mods, but have yet to set them up.
Maigrets
Admin

A new home mod by AceeQ in it's own world space. Since I had to uninstall Tropical Overhaul I can still have the "tropic" feel in a home. Downloading as I type, but I'm going to give it a try later.

The Oasis by AceeQ
https://sites.google.com/site/aceeqmodding/the-oasis
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

That certainly looks really good, although i am not sure if i would ever use it? But never the less AceeQ must have spend a lot of time into that house mod.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:That certainly looks really good, although i am not sure if i would ever use it? But never the less AceeQ must have spend a lot of time into that house mod.
I still haven't tried it and yes, that's the problem. I could almost certainly say I wouldn't use it for more than looking at it...lol, although I can see there's a ton of work gone into it.

As with a number of other house mods I've tried and some I liked, I always stick with one house...Riverside Lodge. Although, having said that I downloaded the other mod Mammoth House by the same author of RL and it is also very good. Not too big and at a nice location, but it's virtually just up the road, so having two houses on either side of Riverwood, more or less, is a bit unnecessary.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Version 2 of Inigo is absolutely superb :D One minor glitch that will be sorted fairly soon, due to a scripting change (I think) he occasionally is referred to as Jarl Inigo :D :D
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Version 2 of Inigo is absolutely superb :D One minor glitch that will be sorted fairly soon, due to a scripting change (I think) he occasionally is referred to as Jarl Inigo :D :D
lol Indeed he is a very special companion, almost like having another real person tag along with me. :) He just told me about a new song he's composed and will sing for me next time we visit the Bard's College. He has already sung one song, but I can't remember what it was now...lol.

I'm currently doing his quest regarding his brother. Garry (aka Smartbluecat) is a very talented guy. 'Rock On!'
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels,

Just in case you do reinstall Skyrim and want to try out the Animallica mod you may want to Optimize the textures. They are nearly all 2048x2048 and I discovered them to be the reason for a lot of heavy stuttering and a couple of freezes I've been getting, due to the number of extra animals which is a lot. Plus, they look as just good to me reduced in size.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Fessels,

Just in case you do reinstall Skyrim and want to try out the Animallica mod you may want to Optimize the textures. They are nearly all 2048x2048 and I discovered them to be the reason for a lot of heavy stuttering and a couple of freezes I've been getting, due to the number of extra animals which is a lot. Plus, they look as just good to me reduced in size.
Okay i will remember that, thanks Maigrets. :)