Skyrim Realswords Project!

This has it's own category. Do not post anything unrelated or off topic here.
shingouki
Admin

Maigrets wrote:Well after a lot of troubleshooting I think I've resurrected my game from the CTD disease and it's being nice atm. Riften is off limits though. No idea what the issue is or the cause, but it's with both my characters.

Anyway, back on topic...the blood looks fine to me. There's a heck of a lot of it on the ground and bodies and realistically because of that one would expect to see more on the weapons, but there's probably such a thing as overkill. (pun intended.) :grin:
Haha, thats only because I kept cutting them to test the blood, it's not 100% the game's fault. Much congrats on the fix. I think the Riften stuff should have been fixed with 1.4...but =/
shingouki
Admin

Is your game healthy enough to allow for a BETA test?

Also, is anyone else interested in Beta testing the mod?
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Send them my way. :)

As long as I avoid Riften and south of the town, (and I'm only assuming it will still freeze my game as I haven't been back yet), everything else is perfectly fine...thus far. At least I have 90% (maybe a bit more) of the entire map that's problem free.
Haha, thats only because I kept cutting them to test the blood, it's not 100% the game's fault.
There's a name for that you know...psycho killer. :grin: :grin:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
shingouki
Admin

Snip
Coltell
Unsteady Sworduser

If you are looking for more beta testers, I can try.
Wikinger
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

When your done with the Nord Swords, will you continue with the other ones?

I'am sure if the Community would be informed that Waalx Realswords is free to convert to skyrim things would be getting progress a bit faster.

And thanks for the time and trouble you spend to do this.
,___,
[O.O] Put this owl on your profile
/)__) If you've seen the Cremation of Care
-"--"- Ritual at Bohemian Grove
shingouki
Admin

Wikinger wrote:When your done with the Nord Swords, will you continue with the other ones?

I'am sure if the Community would be informed that Waalx Realswords is free to convert to skyrim things would be getting progress a bit faster.

And thanks for the time and trouble you spend to do this.
I don't know if its "free to convert" or anything. I asked Waalx's permission. If you see his permission slots, the only game he really cared to have his models in was Oblivion Originally, thats why I made sure I asked his permission. So if other people want to port it, they would have to ask him...but it would be weird since I'm already doing the port lol.

Anyway though, after Nord is Imperial(for the war), then Aylied, Bosmer (if I can figure out how to do the collision data for bows) or Orc, Breton, then anything else afterwards.
Wikinger
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I don't know if its "free to convert" or anything.
Its just an idea if he would give it free for convert.

It would be glad if you would do Breton or Orc before the Elf and Beastpeople stuff, just because Highrock and Orcterritory is far more near and Beastpeople are rare anyway.
,___,
[O.O] Put this owl on your profile
/)__) If you've seen the Cremation of Care
-"--"- Ritual at Bohemian Grove
shingouki
Admin

I've been having the hardest time with some weird...Bethesda Collision data for bows and all sorts of weirdness... -_-. But! I managed to get the collision data for Bows working...somehow:

Proof!

The only problem I have with these bows is that they feel more..."rigid" than they did with my first implementation, but that was the only way to get collision data working =/. I might give the other collision method a go one last time later, but not with this release.

The mod will be released...not too long from now hopefully. Working on the Vanilla Leveled Lists now.

Edit: I had a really good idea to change the Dummy Leveled Lists for Stormcloaks to include these items as well, but since Dummy Weapons dont work the way I expected...I'll probably hold off on it for now and release that option later.
efrimblack
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1987

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5.... want more swwwoooorrrddddsss ;p
FKKFenris
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1980

hi have you some new information about the wac projekt for skyrim.
the creation kit is rdy for download... can´t waiting for it. -biting nails- ;)
shingouki
Admin

Alright well, the mod is nearing its final phase, there are some issues I can't seem to find 100% solutions for, but they'll have to remain for now. Right now I need a handful of beta testers to test how the mod integrates (or doesn't) into the world, and to give me feedback on the overall feel of the mod. If you're interested, please let me know in this thread, since I'll probably give the beta out over the weekend.

It ended up being a bit bigger than I initially planned for this release (since the part I wasn't satisfied with was bothering me) so I added some more content to make up for it. So please let me know if you're interested!
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted
Maigrets
Admin

Yes, well I seem to have got my game problems sorted after reinstalling and losing my long term characters to save corruption, so I can test again if you like Shingouki. So far so good anyway.
Looking at Dovahkiin Hideout mod as an example, the maker implemented a character based on himself in it, although he breaks the 4th wall (reference to internet and humming of Dovah song haha), he has voice which refers you to his email, and books about the updates and info on himself, also he had a donation system set where you would get your name in the "GREAT BOOK OF DONATION'S" (which had a good 5 pages of names) and some other stuff. These are ideas you can implement if you plan to make a mod to go with the content you have been working on, or you can take a less 4th wall breaking route I just found it interesting when I saw it in the mod haha.
It's up to Shingouki of course as it's his mod, but I find that guys approach a bit crass and would avoid the mod because of it, but that's just me. Thanks for mentioning it so I know not to try the mod.

It's a bit like a certain vampire overhaul mod for Oblivion where you had to pay for the sound files and ultimately the actual esp if you wanted to use it. Ironically he was using other people's resources and expected to be paid for it. The author was legally threatened by Bethesda and had to stop. There have to be better ways to self promote and ask for money.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted
WizardOfAtlantis
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1971

If I can help beta testing, I would love to help out. I had a real blast with WAC and Realswords in Oblivion, and I would love to see any of that material brought over to Skyrim.

What kind of a mod set-up do you want to test things out? Or does it matter at this point?
shingouki
Admin

Beta testings sent out.
Maigrets
Admin

Thanks. :)
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted
shingouki
Admin

Might be the start of something interesting :)