Re: Maigrets Skyrim Album

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Yes she did voice it herself, though her accent is slightly less strong than it was in Oblivion. She actually sounds like someone I know from Finland :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Ailsa wrote:Yes she did voice it herself, though her accent is slightly less strong than it was in Oblivion. She actually sounds like someone I know from Finland :D
LoL :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Here's my new character whose name is Dahlia, after the flower. She is currently undertaking training in dual wielding, something new to her and a bit frustrating since hotkeys for dual wield weapons is broken...what a surprise. :roll:

Anyway, over the past few character playthroughs I've developed a love for war axes and this time is no exception. Using these mods which have fantastic axes, among other weapons.
Warrior Within Weapons

And this:
Arms and Armour 5 Axes & Maces by Andragorn

I was going to try for a Steampunk themed character but there's next to nothing in mods except for a house which I haven't tried yet. So, now we're going for a swashbuckling dual wielding, maybe pirate-like type. There are a number of great Steampunk mods, weapons, outfits etc for New Vegas so it surprises me it hasn't caught on in Skyrim.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

She looks severe and agile...but beautiful too.
The Arms and Armour 5 Axes & Maces by Andragorn goes on my list. What I am preparing is a custom mod for myself that distribute those beautiful weapons among foes or place them in random places. This mod in particular deserve to go on my personal project.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I look forward to seeing her adventures. She looks stunning and full of character to me ^_^

It is so nice to see you Maigrets, I was getting worried. I hope that you are well and please take good care of yourself.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:She looks severe and agile...but beautiful too.
This.

I really like her Face Tatoo. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I look forward to seeing her adventures. She looks stunning and full of character to me ^_^

It is so nice to see you Maigrets, I was getting worried. I hope that you are well and please take good care of yourself.
Lol, thanks, Ailsa, but I've been around as usual, just been playing a different game than Skyrim for a change. Everything is fine as I do hope it is with you now. :)

@MasterAub
Thank you. She is a bit severe looking now I look at her again, but that fits her profile...lol. As for the axes....I always liked Andragorn's mods in Oblivion and Skyrim. They don't seem to get the recognition they deserve though as they are beautiful.

@Fessels
Thank you. :)

I am desperately tying to develop Dahlia to dual wield, but we're not doing so well. ;-(( Since I can't block I have to be extra agile and my reflexes aren't what they used to be..lol. However, I only just got the second part of Unrelenting Force so it might be better when I have the full shout.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah it is not easy to get used to, but i have actually been thinking to switch from Shield and Sword to dual wielding. Right now Daevin's block skill is higher then his Heavy Armour Skill, which i do not like. It seems i have become to good at using block, and since Daevin has plenty of health and stamina he should be more then able to take enough damage to make Dual Wielding feasible for him. The difficulty is finding two weapons that have some what equal damage and speed, yet are some what different so that i can use the group function from SkyUI's Fav menu to switch back to DW after Werewolf form or using a bow in one button press.

The fact that Daevins Heavy Armour is lower then block does make me miss one thing from SkyRe that i really liked...the fact that your Armour skill goes up by simply walking and running around in it. Hmm perhaps i will ask WTFus if he can add something similar to Combat Remastered. 'idea'
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I find it interesting that you both find dual wielding difficult. I find that all my characters get into the habit of doing it all the time. I normally use Hadhafang (?) in the right hand and either a small axe or a shortsword in the left hand :D I really struggle to improve blocking with a shield. If you use light armour or even no armour you can move really fast too ^_^
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I find it interesting that you both find dual wielding difficult. I find that all my characters get into the habit of doing it all the time. I normally use Hadhafang (?) in the right hand and either a small axe or a shortsword in the left hand :D I really struggle to improve blocking with a shield. If you use light armour or even no armour you can move really fast too ^_^
I think it's partly because it's so different to what I'm used to. Except for I think, one character of all I've played, I always go light armour for speed and agility, and blocking with a shield is 2nd nature to me. I also like shield bash which can disarm or stagger an enemy.

I'm getting the perks now for DW so it may help a bit. I'm currently using war axes in both hands but maybe I should opt for a short sword in the left for more speed.

The fact that Daevins Heavy Armour is lower then block does make me miss one thing from SkyRe that i really liked...the fact that your Armour skill goes up by simply walking and running around in it. Hmm perhaps i will ask WTFus if he can add something similar to Combat Remastered. 'idea'
It makes a lot of sense to have your armour skill go up as you use it and it's not like it happens very often. It adds a bit more realism IMO otherwise you would always have blisters and sore spots from armour rubbing, not to mention awful fatigue from carrying it around...lol. I actually think it's less OP and more sensible than the less 25% weight perk or whatever it is in vanilla.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I think it's partly because it's so different to what I'm used to. Except for I think, one character of all I've played, I always go light armour for speed and agility, and blocking with a shield is 2nd nature to me. I also like shield bash which can disarm or stagger an enemy.

I'm getting the perks now for DW so it may help a bit. I'm currently using war axes in both hands but maybe I should opt for a short sword in the left for more speed.
The DW perks do help when it comes to it alright, but it is as you mentioned. When your used to Sword and Shield then switching to DW is not so easy. I have opted to stay with longswords and consoled in a Ebony blade for the left hand. A Daedric sword is closer to the damage of Dynamis ( From the Dark Crusdare Blade mod. ) but it does not fit as well with Dynamis as a Ebony sword does.
Maigrets wrote:It makes a lot of sense to have your armour skill go up as you use it and it's not like it happens very often. It adds a bit more realism IMO otherwise you would always have blisters and sore spots from armour rubbing, not to mention awful fatigue from carrying it around...lol. I actually think it's less OP and more sensible than the less 25% weight perk or whatever it is in vanilla.
Indeed, and since last night i can not stop thinking about that part so i will definitely suggest it to WTFus after this post. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Here we go..... :D The werewolf returns.
This is how you howl brother....just take a deep breathe and let it go! (This wolf and it's buddies had already killed these Imperials by the time I arrived. When I looked closer at the wolf I wasn't surprised. You can see it better in the next shot though.)

Oh! Dire Wolf. What big errr...rows of teeth you have! (I assume that's what it's called as I saw the name on the changelog for IC and this is the 1st one I've seen.)

Go Epona! I'm not a particular fan of the Zelda games as I don't own a console, but I love the look of this horse.

Soul Stealer
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Damn that was a bloody figt with those Imperials. And that Dire Wolf has a look on it's head as if it was thinking..."Ahww i missed out on that blood feast before. :-( ". :grin: The Horse does look good.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

That shot with the horse looks particularly good imho ^_^
Maigrets
Admin

The werewolf stalks her prey - with a smile...

I absolutely love the Interesting NPC's mod. I've had some excellent conversations with several people I've come across and the dialogue is witty and intelligent as well as very well voice acted. The Redguard in the front of this shot is a follower from the mod and unlike vanilla followers, he has amusing and well done dialogue and an unusual accent. Of course he and Inigo get along well.

High Hrothgar

This Draugr looks like he just hatched from an egg. I just finished the Lufthraan - Heimfeigr dungeon which is part of a much bigger mod still in production. I enjoyed it, got stuck on a puzzle but finally prevailed and sneak killed the final boss. He would have been hard if I had tried to fight him face to face as he summons Storm Atronachs and shields himself with a barrier and my magic resistance isn't that great at present.

Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

How dare you, stalking a butterfly? You are not ready for such a dangerous prey, it will rip you to pieces. :shock: :grin:

I hat thought about Lufthraan - Heimfeigr dungeon, but in the end decided on another. Maybe next time.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I love that last shot - it made me laugh aloud :D :D
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:How dare you, stalking a butterfly? You are not ready for such a dangerous prey, it will rip you to pieces. :shock: :grin:

I hat thought about Lufthraan - Heimfeigr dungeon, but in the end decided on another. Maybe next time.
lol Yes, very dangerous butterflies. They strike when you least expect it. :ninja: Who would ever suspect them?

I'm thinking about doing a run through of Wyrmstooth next. I played it ages ago and did enjoy it, but it's been updated and had a lot of additions and changes so it should be even better now.

@ Ailsa
I love that last shot - it made me laugh aloud :D :D
I did too. :) It was already like that when I rounded the corner.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Nice screenies really, I like the color and you seem to have assemble a great team. Hopefully when I am able to play again Lufthraan will be complete and ready...hehehehe
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Maigrets
Admin

MasterAub wrote:Nice screenies really, I like the color and you seem to have assemble a great team. Hopefully when I am able to play again Lufthraan will be complete and ready...hehehehe
Thank you. :) I can't wait to see screenshots from you. They will be astar astar I'm sure.

Having said that I feel like banging my head into my desk. ;-(( I just reached level 22 and am now having the same problem that made me retire my last character who did at least get a bit further. That is...if I die the game exits to the desktop instantly. I don't die often but now when I do...instant CTD. Something must be corrupting my game but I have no idea what it is or the common factor between this and my last character who was actually using a lot more script mods when I was trying out Realistic Needs etc.

Anyway, I did manage this screenshot using my new Dragon Bone crossbow. From this mod which has crossbows for all metals and of course dragon bones.
Crossbows Basic Collection