Re: Maigrets Skyrim Album

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

hehehe,
I see you came back eventually...Soon you'll be playing Oblivion ahahahahahah lol lol
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

She looks good Maigrets :D

I will look up my ini settings for shadows during the week as I found none of the mods got rid of those pesky jagged messes.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

MasterAub wrote:hehehe,
I see you came back eventually...Soon you'll be playing Oblivion ahahahahahah lol lol
LOL, I missed Inigo, ;) but probably I should have waited a couple of weeks since he's getting a big update which I expect will mean a new game. Doesn't matter though as it's not a serious playthrough, just some dungeon crawling and cross country trekking.

As far as Oblivion goes...I did play a bit a couple of weeks ago but never got back to it. I have a giant soft spot for Oblivion because it's the only game I've been interested in modding and I miss that more than playing. Modding Skyrim or the other Beth games doesn't interest me for some reason.

[Ailsa said]
She looks good Maigrets :D

I will look up my ini settings for shadows during the week as I found none of the mods got rid of those pesky jagged messes.
Thanks. :) I did do some Googling, but eventually I found out it was a setting in ENBSeries ini that needed changing. Now they are much better.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Well just in case you are interested. I got these settings from Canadian Ice for "self-shadows" - I find it helps quite a lot. This is a copy and paste of her post:

If I remember correctly, you should set the settings to "High" in the launcher. Then open up SkyrimPrefs.ini in My Documents/My Games/Skyrim and edit the following lines:

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=6
iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=1024
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
iShadowSplitCount=2
iShadowMapResolution=4096
iShadowFilter=3

I think with those it should be enough to get crisp and clear shadows.

P.S. Those are my settings, but you can go higher if you like. I have barely seen the way it looks without ENB, but I believe it the shadows looked good.
MasterAub
The Second

As far as Oblivion goes...I did play a bit a couple of weeks ago but never got back to it. I have a giant soft spot for Oblivion because it's the only game I've been interested in modding and I miss that more than playing. Modding Skyrim or the other Beth games doesn't interest me for some reason.
The exact same thing here. I went back to Oblivion only for the pkeasure of modding it myself and playing others mods. ;)
Maigrets
Admin

Finally got around to sorting out my mods, including adding the Tropical Overhaul (AceeQ version) which looks absolutely amazing. The game runs better then it has for ages with this mod as well and I didn't have to run it though Texture Optimizer as many of the textures are quite lo res, which surprised me. It's mainly trees and other plants, but I bet it has some people complaining...lol.

It still has the issue of big plants in dungeons...or I assume so since I had to console disable a heap of them in Riverside Cottage. It's not so bad though and it's a huge job for AceeQ to remove them all by hand.

I've seen some of the Animalica creatures as well and they also look fantastic.

Anyway, I was on my way to collect Inigo but when I tried to get into Riften it seems I gave the wrong answer at the gate (I said I kill thieves) and was attacked and killed by some guards who came out of nowhere. It's never happened before since I usually say I'll report them to the Jarl and they let me in, so I don't know if it was a mishap or supposed to happen. I'll try again later as it's early hours of the morning here.

CURRENT LOAD ORDER: Not necessarily final...lol
spoiler:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
NewStyleEyes.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
JSwords.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SPIKE.esm
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
01ERA.esp
ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp
DialogueTweaks.esp
AV1DragonPaint.esp
Character Creation Overhaul.esp
Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
EK_RingLimiter.esp
FollowerWander2.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-2.esp
BloodmoonRising.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
CharGen Morphs.esp
SKmalewarpaints.esp
duhranger.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Pupetteer Master.esp
No More Glowing Edges Mod.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
AV1WarpaintPack.esp
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp
el_dovahjerkinretex.esp
CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
Rainbows.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
NDranger.esp
Follower Trap Safety.esp
JumpHigher_130.esp
Brows.esp
Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
VioLens.esp
RaceMenu.esp
Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
SabreFurBag.esp
SCO Tropical Edition.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
Valdacil's Item Sorting - Soul Gems.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
3DNPC.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
Presets 2-3.esp
Ghorza's Armor.esp
Enchanting Freedom.esp
Valdacil's Item Sorting - Smithing Smelter Categories.esp
ISCompendium CCO Patch.esp
Valdacil's Item Sorting - Books.esp
Predator Vision.esp
Destruction Scaling for SkyRe.esp
zzArmormashups.esp
SkyUI.esp
Dual Hand Combo Hotkeys.esp
AchieveThat.esp
SummonShadowMERCHANT.esp
TTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.esp
Wandererarmor.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
RavenRockExpanded.esp
SeverinManorImprovements.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
Solstheim - The Lost Levels.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Sotteta Huntress Armor.esp
SkyRe_SIC Crossbowfix.esp
FA Guard Helmet.esp
SkyRe_Main_Fix.esp
Valdacil's Item Sorting - Potions.esp
Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp
SkyRe_HelmlessPerks.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Merchants Reply Only With Take A Look.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling_Fix.esp
SwimmingEnemies.esp
DARTCOLORHAIRSnld.esp
SmashinFace.esp
ISCompendium SkyRe Patch.esp
Sneaky_Serana.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts.esp
Improved Dragon Shouts - Dragonborn.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons v2.0 non glow.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Animallica.esp
skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
Immersive Dragonborn.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
Inigo.esp
Earrings Set1.esp
Dogs-of-Skyrim.esp
Cloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
Torcs.esp
multifollowerlite.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
Seashells.esp
Point The Way.esp
Map Markers Complete.esp
HorsesGoneWild.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
MissingTotemPuzzlePillars.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
Andragorn_Weapons.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp
WATER Plants.esp
bobsarmory.esp
Crossbows_Basic_Collection_EN_LL.esp
LadyKdCirclets.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Events.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
conjure_chest.esp
MHdunSky001.esp
Immersive Patrols.esp
WerewolfMastery.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-MoonlightMasteryPatch.esp
UniqueBows.esp
garm_white.esp
Immersive Brigands.esp
Epona.esp
SkyRe_Combat.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp
IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp
CS_TagAndTrack.esp
Immersive Factions.esp
IMAGINATOR - MCMenu.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
ForgottenMagic_Redone_SkyRePatch.esp
Mavari Armor.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
ScoutArmor.esp
http://WWW.esp
WWW_SkyRe Patch.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 1.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dragonborn.esp
warburg's 3d paper world map - dawnguard.esp
Pre ReProccer WAFR IA7 Patch.esp
ReProccer.esp
Post ReProccer Fixes IA7 Patch.esp
Whiterun - The Drunken Huntsman

Whiterun - Jorrvaskr

Outer Whiterun

Mathilde - Nord Nightblade favouring Destruction and a sharp blade with some archery on the side when needed.

Riverwood
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Lovely :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

It certainly looks good, is AceeQ's version as heavy as the Tropical Skyrim mod from Sootie?
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:It certainly looks good, is AceeQ's version as heavy as the Tropical Skyrim mod from Sootie?
Thanks Ailsa and Fessels. :)

Just thought I'd mention that I'm using the newer version of Tropical Overhaul from here, not the version that was on the Nexus.:
https://sites.google.com/site/aceeqmodd ... al-edition

So far I've only been around Riverwood, Whiterun and very briefly at the Riften gates, but I would say it's definitely much lighter than Soolie's version, although I didn't have any problems with that one either and back then I wasn't using ENBoost and other "helper" mods. The test will be in heavily grassed areas, but I have added the ini tweak and can adjust it as needed.

Screenshots don't do it justice really. It's very atmospheric in game, and since it's compatible with ELFX it's even better. Also using this mod which adds summer sounds and removes the wintery sounds, I should say, replaces them. So you hear insects, birds and other summery sounds.
Seasons of Skyrim - Climate Overhaul - Summer Sounds
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47715/?

I guess the only thing that would change my mind about using this is the huge plants in dungeons that block my view as with the other Tropical mod, if it wasn't changed. However I'm only assuming that's the case as I haven't yet been into a dungeon. I'm just going by Riverwood Cottage and the huge palm leaves inside, but that could be because of it's above ground location.

It looks and feels like a completely new game, and it's easy to get yourself lost, but the trees and vegetation are not as dense and overwhelming as Soolie's version and roads and paths are still very visible.
MasterAub
The Second

Hi everyone, I am not so much interested in Tropical Skyrim...Just not for me but still I hapilly admit that it looks gorgeous.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: Thanks Ailsa and Fessels. :)

Just thought I'd mention that I'm using the newer version of Tropical Overhaul from here, not the version that was on the Nexus.:
https://sites.google.com/site/aceeqmodd ... al-edition

So far I've only been around Riverwood, Whiterun and very briefly at the Riften gates, but I would say it's definitely much lighter than Soolie's version, although I didn't have any problems with that one either and back then I wasn't using ENBoost and other "helper" mods. The test will be in heavily grassed areas, but I have added the ini tweak and can adjust it as needed.

Screenshots don't do it justice really. It's very atmospheric in game, and since it's compatible with ELFX it's even better. Also using this mod which adds summer sounds and removes the wintery sounds, I should say, replaces them. So you hear insects, birds and other summery sounds.
Seasons of Skyrim - Climate Overhaul - Summer Sounds
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47715/?

I guess the only thing that would change my mind about using this is the huge plants in dungeons that block my view as with the other Tropical mod, if it wasn't changed. However I'm only assuming that's the case as I haven't yet been into a dungeon. I'm just going by Riverwood Cottage and the huge palm leaves inside, but that could be because of it's above ground location.

It looks and feels like a completely new game, and it's easy to get yourself lost, but the trees and vegetation are not as dense and overwhelming as Soolie's version and roads and paths are still very visible.
Thanks Maigrets. :)

Nice to hear it might be lighter then Sootie's version, and yeah i remember your post about AceeQ leaving the Nexus. Also great to hear it is compatible with ELFX. I tried listening to the video but for some reason the sound is really...really low in the video so i can not hear it all. ( I did hear crickets i think but that is about it for the moment.

This new mod from AceeQ and Animalica are making me interested again, but even if i decide to try Skyrim again it will take a long time. I would first re-install it again, to get rid of all the junk from the current instalment. And perhaps try to use Mod Organizer instead of NMM, either way it would be a lot of work so i will have to think about a bit more. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote: Thanks Maigrets. :)

Nice to hear it might be lighter then Sootie's version, and yeah i remember your post about AceeQ leaving the Nexus. Also great to hear it is compatible with ELFX. I tried listening to the video but for some reason the sound is really...really low in the video so i can not hear it all. ( I did hear crickets i think but that is about it for the moment.

This new mod from AceeQ and Animalica are making me interested again, but even if i decide to try Skyrim again it will take a long time. I would first re-install it again, to get rid of all the junk from the current instalment. And perhaps try to use Mod Organizer instead of NMM, either way it would be a lot of work so i will have to think about a bit more. :)
Animalica is worth the effort if nothing else, for the variety. I'm really playing again while waiting for the Dark Souls 2 DLC next week, but if the game stays stable as it is I might continue now and then.

I played for 5 hours straight tonight without a CTD which is a record, however, sadly as much as I really, really like the Tropical version, the issue with a particular plant type is getting to be too much to ignore. It's not only in dungeons but completely obscures some roads in places and I can barely see the Alchemist's Shack on the way to Ivarstead for these plants, let alone see anything inside. I also found a problem at Orphan Rock where the log you walk on to get to the Hagraven is missing. I'm finding there are a lot of instances of floating mushrooms which is fairly minor but noticeable.

I'm currently downloading the Summer version and I'll probably install that and wait and see if the issues can be fixed in the Tropical one.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL so AceeQ's version shares the obstacle course with Tropical Skyrim. :grin:

Hopefully AceeQ will remedy that then.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:LoL so AceeQ's version shares the obstacle course with Tropical Skyrim. :grin:

Hopefully AceeQ will remedy that then.
The thing is that every instance of that particular plant could be completely removed from the world, above and below ground, and it wouldn't seem as if something was missing from the landscape. Don't know if that can be done if it actually replaces a vanilla species and what impact that would have, but it's placement seems so randomly generated that it's often glaringly out of place. :-( It doesn't have havoc so it doesn't actually block your path, you just pass through it, but it obscures your vision....but ironically the enemy still has perfect line of sight...lol
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:It doesn't have havoc so it doesn't actually block your path, you just pass through it, but it obscures your vision....but ironically the enemy still has perfect line of sight...lol
The logic of computer games. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:
Maigrets wrote:It doesn't have havoc so it doesn't actually block your path, you just pass through it, but it obscures your vision....but ironically the enemy still has perfect line of sight...lol
The logic of computer games. :grin:
Well I'm very happy to say the Summer version is very pretty with nice variation of environments. Plus, it's extremely performance friendly.
Maigrets
Admin

I suck at making male characters, but I do like how Rune turned out. He's a Breton and sort of a Spellsword, aspiring to be a successful mage and in his spare time he roams the countryside as his alter ego...the alpha werewolf.
Rune and Lola the wolf pet. I have to say the True Wolves mod is the most beautiful creature mod I've seen in a game. I can't stop looking at them when I pass by (allies) and Lola in particular, as they are so well modeled and textured.

Outside Riverside Lodge.

Yes, Inigo...it's tax time again. :( Everyone's favourite time of year...lol

Who invited the big hairy guy? This is supposed to be a private meeting.

Nobody likes me when I'm angry.. :angry:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Finally time to spend on more then construction crews in and around my house.

Rune looks good, LoLa looks beautiful as well. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Those are great shots Maigrets :D
Maigrets
Admin

Thanks Fessels and Ailsa. :)