Realsword port to other mods

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Got something to say about the port? tell us here!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

You mean adding to other mods? Well I still hope TES4: Valenwood is alloud to use them ;)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

yes of course..as long as you keep the copyrights texte and the reference of the design I made. and the credits to me and the team who's helping me as well.

but you might want to read more in what we plan in the team port thread..some interesting ideas I think. :)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Yeah I missed that before I posted the above post. Of course you get all the credit you deserve :) Just after our own :P

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Worldgorger
Fumbling Sworduser

First of all, great work, first i was brought out of lurking.

I know that i lack the knowledge to help, but maybe i can help in other ways as i already beaten the game twice, and i'm playing this game for some time.
I read in the bethesda forums that you were intending to do a new umbra. Is it still on the plans?

There is already one great mod for umbra, but it has a not so good mesh for the sword link:http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=6792.
I think it would be a great idea to add this mod and to change the Umbra, for what i seen so far i trust you'll make a great sword.
My 2 cents.
Waalx
Forum Master

Worldgorger wrote:First of all, great work, first i was brought out of lurking.

I know that i lack the knowledge to help, but maybe i can help in other ways as i already beaten the game twice, and i'm playing this game for some time.
I read in the bethesda forums that you were intending to do a new umbra. Is it still on the plans?

There is already one great mod for umbra, but it has a not so good mesh for the sword link:http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=6792.
I think it would be a great idea to add this mod and to change the Umbra, for what i seen so far i trust you'll make a great sword.
My 2 cents.
well I do all my swords myself, I don't know why you suggest I use another person mod in my own, and personally, that is quite a good example of the kind of design I don't like in a sword..compared to the style I do usually it's not the same kind at all.

But yeah the Umbra is going to be in, in Legendary Blades. But it will be a model I will do :) and it will have a very different look than this. Only after all the races are done though.
Worldgorger
Fumbling Sworduser

Thats exactly what i'm saying. I'm not talking about the ugly sword, i'm talking about the rest of the mod, whitch is pretty good story wise.
But its dificult to have your favorite sword be that ugly. :(
When you get the time, try this mod.
And see what i mean. :)
Waalx
Forum Master

Worldgorger wrote:Thats exactly what i'm saying. I'm not talking about the ugly sword, i'm talking about the rest of the mod, whitch is pretty good story wise.
ah I see:)

in that case I will see when I get some time..and you know these days time is rare..

although what you ask is for me to contact that guy and say hey your uglyass sword model suck , but I like the rest, can I use it? (ok not said this way..) but it sound strange to ask..anyway I will keep that in mind and have a look;)
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Worldgorger wrote:Thats exactly what i'm saying. I'm not talking about the ugly sword, i'm talking about the rest of the mod, whitch is pretty good story wise.
Mighty Umbra is a great mod, the way the sword literally eats souls is executed very well. It makes the original Soul Trap enchanted sword a dull toothpicker. If you don't like the mesh, just open up the CS and choose a Mesh for Mighty Umbra from a swordmesh that you do like.
Worldgorger
Fumbling Sworduser

Contacting the guy may not be needed, if you make it as the legendary sword esp overrides the mesh that would do it.
Mighty Umbra is a great mod, the way the sword literally eats souls is executed very well. It makes the original Soul Trap enchanted sword a dull toothpicker. If you don't like the mesh, just open up the CS and choose a Mesh for Mighty Umbra from a swordmesh that you do like.
Thats exactly what i like in the mod. But as i said earlier i'm a bit lacking the knowledge to do it.
And after all if master waalx is gonna make it, i don't mind waiting at all.

One more thing: I love the idea behind the corralors and corralnium, i realy hope you have another great idea for someting special for the altmer :)
Waalx
Forum Master

Worldgorger wrote:Contacting the guy may not be needed, if you make it as the legendary sword esp overrides the mesh that would do it.
Thats exactly what i like in the mod. But as i said earlier i'm a bit lacking the knowledge to do it.
And after all if master waalx is gonna make it, i don't mind waiting at all.

One more thing: I love the idea behind the corralors and corralnium, i realy hope you have another great idea for someting special for the altmer :)
the altmer already have a special weapon, the silex dagger. It's not very much a weapon, low damage dagger at best. but it's a magic enhancer, as Altmer are strong in the wizardry side. Wielding this blade an altmer will get his magic enhaced in many ways on top of getting the blade bonus for his race. I don't know yet for the rest though:)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

anonimous wrote:this *&?% big *$% you *$&?#*$&@&!
Can a mod remove this?

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

done! but I won't tell you who wrote that! (it was a test I did to see if I can post here without being logged in).

the vulgarity was just a little bonus! I don't want to make a filter for vulgar words. in the event it happen I will do something else, or nothing depending on what's being said..but yeah this was a bit hard..let's transform this
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I don't mind the cursing but the uselesness and cowardly of posting something like that while beeing not logged in ;)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Darteres

Would there be any way to make a custom race receive the racial bonus from certain blades? I play a tabaxi race which could use the khajiit bonus. Perhaps there would be a way that I could do this for myself in the CS? I'm a complete n00b at useing that though. I've been playing with these since you released the first pack. Running around now with an orcish wooden sword just because it's so fun looking and fast! Excellent work guys!
Waalx
Forum Master

Darteres wrote:Would there be any way to make a custom race receive the racial bonus from certain blades? I play a tabaxi race which could use the khajiit bonus. Perhaps there would be a way that I could do this for myself in the CS? I'm a complete n00b at useing that though. I've been playing with these since you released the first pack. Running around now with an orcish wooden sword just because it's so fun looking and fast! Excellent work guys!
I'm affraid you would have to create new esp for these races. it's a script based on a spell in the module I released so far that give the blade that racial bonus. easy to change the name of the race in the script and all, but I would wait to do that if I were you. the system I did will be replaced.
argochris
Unsteady Sworduser

Do NPCs get bonuses for wielding these weapons?

What the addition so users playing Slof's Clouded Khajiit (snow varient) get the bonuses?

Also the SilverKnife is showing up purple for me
Waalx
Forum Master

I don't know if NPC get a bonus, I would say no as the script is targeting players.

it target the Khajiit race only so any other race not name exactly Khajiit will not get the bonus

as for the silver Knife there's a file fix you can download on the same page at TES for that.

the Download on Planet Elder Scroll is fine and no fix is needed though.
Lee Buslett
Steady Sworduser

if you are going to port I am asking you that you port to frans mod because oscuros makes me lag out and crash :-(
I have a cat named Spaghetty
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

He's not, but Frans and Obscuro might port his stuff to their mods.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood