Fran and MMM Compatiblity Update?

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
BAKMS
Unsteady Sworduser

I have really enjoyed the RealSword Mods. The Bow and Arrows update is the best.
I have read that you were going to make compatible with Fran 4.5b and MMM 3.2 (Latest POST yesterday).

I do you have a more of a update on the FRAN and MMM updates?
I would like to continue using the RealSwords.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

don't know where you read that...

the port of RealSwords to other mods is in stand-by.

for many reasons:

my weapons don't use exotic material, they are all made of steel or similar alloy, and they are race based, something that is completely different from anything these overhaul ever did.

They can't be added to level list, as level list don't take races into account. and their material mean that they would not be seen in high level in the game if I follow the weapon scaling system. means Realswords would almost not be seen at all.

Fran, MMM, or OOO, they give weapons to everyones without any real difference. I don't. My weapons have origins, and history. they are not a modding ressource, they can't just be slapped in a list like everything else is now.

and that is a very big problem, a big puzzle. and I don't have the solution.

Realswords is an overhaul by itself. Except I don't take my items all over the place from everybody, to make a big pizza. I make everything myself. When Realswords is complete it will be a remake of most weapons and armors that PC and NPC use in the game, and they will all fit together. If you use it with another overhaul that also modify weapons and armors. you get the pizza back.

by pizza I mean so many items and stuff that really don't belong together but are thrown in these overhaul just because they exist. I can't play something like OOO because almost 3/4 of the stuff that are added is very ugly in my opinion, or squarely, of bad taste. I don't like glass, eye-candy stuff and plastic looking cheapo ugly 'swords of awesome' or bows that look like crap and weight 80 lbs... or well..you know..... :P
BAKMS
Unsteady Sworduser

Waalx,

Thank you for the reply.
Yes I do NOT like all the add-ons that OOO put in. I like the RealSwords (Bows/Arrows) and adds more realizism to the game. Elder Scrolls has to many generic weapons; that is why I have added Frans to the game. I have added the MMM to the game to get more a mix of Monsters.

I understand what you are trying to do with the race based and RealSwords; but I do not how they would interact with these two mods. I have travelled around and seems that I lose the weapons in the field and shops to resupply or sell. It is like a hit and miss; it is like Fran and RealSwords are conflicting.

Sorry to ask this question; but I am not sure which esp I should be using if you wish to have Charaters in the field and Shops to have the weapons?
Waalx
Forum Master

I believe Realswords conflict a lot with Francesco, as I modify the inventory of each NPC directly, and remove any level list they have concerning weapons.. (and later on that will happen to the armors as well)

Each weapon they get in my mods are distributed based on who the NPC is, their faction and class, not on a level list.

by " in the field" you mean that NPC have the weapons? this is all in the Read-me...

HI-NPC or LO-NPC give the weapons to all the people in the race, and to shops

LO or HI, only in one shop.

if you want to overide Francesco, use Oblivion Mod Manager and load Realswords AFTER Francesco.
bboyforever
Fumbling Sworduser

I'm wondering though, if you use Realswords first and then Use other overhauls like Francesco's, will the Realswords never appear in the Oblivion world? I know that Martigen uses certain things in his mod that make some race specific adjustments, (ex: Reaver race drops Reaver specific weapons), so there could be some way to add Realswords and it together if they used similar algorithms. I'd really want this kind of compatibility because the Realswords look amazing, and the race specific adjustments make the game rather immersive when you do get one for your race.

I'm thinking though that a compatibility between leveled lists and Realswords would be extremely useful for adding towards immersion because you'd be able to find stuff like Bandit Redguards who use regular equipments, and the occasional Bandit Redguard who appreciates a more expensive (but more effective) weapon from his own race. Or possibly you could allow NPC's that use Realswords to be in their own faction(similar to how FCOM adds in guards from multiple mods by givng them separate factions), and in and of itself create a more distinct racial implementation of the swords. So when you add the armors, you'd be able to tell the difference between a Bosmer Bandit who uses whatever equipments he can scrape up, from a Bosmer Bandit who knows his roots :D.

This is in noway criticizing how you've done Realswords, and I really admire your work. It's just an idea for creating some distinctiveness for the Realsword's mod, while allowing compatibility with others. Keep up the good work, waalx! I'm always checking the forum for updates ;).
Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I don't see what the problem is. Realswords, despite being unique and "game changing", is still just a content mod. It just adds some new weapons. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying it to support my point that there shouldn't be any form of "incompatibility" between RS and any overhauls. RS does not alter any game systems that could conflict with any overhauls, and the content is not added in similar places. I use the "Shop" versions of RS mods, and they don't conflict with anything added in Fran's.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

RealSwords is still beta, all the plugins are till they're all complete. Thinks like compatability should be concerned about in the end ;)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
dewshine
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

There's a new wrye bash tag that allows the bashed patch to only load inventory changes. I'm guessing that using this tag would add Real Swords to the Fran's NPC records without loosing the leveled list changes. Perhaps. I should look into that. I'd love to expand the realsword line to Frans added NPC types eventually, because the concept of various races using unique cultural weapons is just too fantastic to ignore.
Waalx
Forum Master

dev_akm did that for FCOM - RealSwords.

actually I was just messaging him about that.

WAC - RealSwords, is more important at this point. I suggest you wait a bit more. With FCOM and WAC there will already be two versions of a (in) complete RS incorporation, but the thing is I have to finish 4 races still. So that is two unfinished thing.

when I'm satisfied with WAC enough to send it out, the day after I'm going to dive back into RealSwords and finish the 4 missing races ASAP. Then it will be time to think more.

Technically, what I want is to use a system that could make it work easy to make change to the whole thing while having it at many places at once ie FCOM, WAC, FRAN.

lets wait and see what dev have to say about that.
F4u5t
Fumbling Sworduser

Hello Mr. Realsword and staff,

at first congrats for your great work! We love it all.

As you were talking about big pizzas (^^), I have a maybe for you stupid question, because i dont like big but well made ones. I really like to play with Fran's Overhaul. Do you know this one - have you ever tried it?
Maybe you could be so kind and give me (and i am sure it is of interest for many people) some advise how to use WAC best with Fran's? I am talking about load order, which esp's should i switch off (i read about overspawn for instance) to get this all:
- all items and creatures and (recommended) gameplay changes of fran's
- all items and creatures and features (tcos shops, tcos) of WAC
- and what would theoretically happen with fran's (NPC)items/creatures if i would turn on overspan.esp?
- does WAC only add new things (items, creatures, clothes) or does it also overwrite stuff?

Would be very happy to get an answer to these questions, thank you! xD
You can say "you" to me xD