Larger problem not RS related perhaps, delete when needed.

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Jia
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I want to start by saying i love the mods, and ive enjoyed every release so far without exception.
However recently after installing the Bosmer addition ive been suffering some odd shutdowns of Oblivion.

When it first happened, i was unsure of the direct cause so i tested again and again on a few diff areas and people and when i couldnt replicate the accident i thought nothing more of it.

And then it hit me again and i realized what had changed.

I had gotten a Springsteel bow off a bosmer bandit(who gave me quite a beating with it and those arrows) and then the next time i quicksaved or the game autosaved it crashed out.

Having a clue to what may be the cause i have since tested it out and have the following to report.

The bow itself does seem to be the cause of the crashes. None of the actual bosmer swords seemed to be affected at all in a similar fashion.

The crash only seems to occur after a killing of a target with the bow. I tested it just with the bow in the inventory not used, the bow hotfixed not used, etc. In citys and out. When i walked outside of Bruma to test it again, killed a bandit, quicksaved and crash out.

The arrows used doesnt seem to matter, i did this with plain old iron arrows.

I of course thought of some other weapon mod conflict(though i use hardly any but the real collection and some sword mods), but only had a few arrow/bow related mods that i then turned off to no effect.

I noticed a mention of OOO having a slight conflict? Due to the way the npc lists work and such. But really i have no idea.

I can give a more detailed list of running mods as desired, but i was wondering my options?
A clean re-install of the files will be in order of course regardless to settle anything, but just laying this out in case it helps.

Addendum:

With more testing it seems ALL the bows in my game are causing this shutdown. Very odd, but i think in no way related to the Bosmer add on i hope. Did a full reinstall of the bosmer just before and still had the shutdown with the bosmer bows, but if this is some error for every bow in the game...then im at a loss.
You may close/delete this whenever the proper mods find it.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

I just loaded a new character, got myself a Springsteel bow and some arrows, killed a couple of foes, and saved without any problem. outside and later in a dungeon as well.

I don't play with OOO, or any other overhaul than RealSwords. so I don't know if it cause problem with bows, although I really doubt it as they are custom items.

your problem might be with something else than my mods... ;)

OOO and other overhaul like Fran and MMM will conflict if they modify the NPC inventory as well.

you don't have to uninstall. just deactivate what mod you think cause the problem, load your game , and resave it without the potential bad mod.
Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Just adding a smige of information: I use Fran's with RealSwords with no problems.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Ok now it's my turn :P

You know auto and quicksave can cause crashes? They do that quite a lot. It are some very buggy features. General advice is to turn 'm off. Just use manula saving or streamline. Streamline's visual option can be turned off so you only use the streamsave function.

This might be just a scripting overload even. OOO adds tons of scripts, RealSwords adds dozens of scripts. The more scripts you run the worse your peformance and stability.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Surely not OOO, I use RS (combined with TES4Gecko and with adjusted stats) with FCOM (Frans, OOO and MMM in one) without any problems. And yes: deactivate all autosaves: they are evil!
Jia
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Well thanks for the advice, which was as i figured. I could not figure out which mod it was conflicting with, though it was really strange since i had not installed anything new in a while save the Real swords which is why i thought it was.

I was celebrating a new job anyway, and i finally bought the expansion and the knights of the nine lil box set, so i ended up uninstalling and reinstalling fresh anyway.
Always a good chance to test new mods, and i can also see if i get any more conflicts and try to narrow it down to a specific conflict i can avoid.

Hopefully no more conflict with any bows, the only weapon mods im throwing on is the real swords and Andonnays elven mod.

Have to find the old Conan weapon and Armoury files sometime down the road, cant have a game unless i have ONE barbarian weilding the Atlantean blade now can i.
Thanks for the help.
Waalx
Forum Master

you might want to wait for the Atlantean.

I remade it and I will soon (and I mean very soon, since I have to update my mods images on TESNexus..) I'll post an update of the sword that will replace the last one of over a year ago ;)

you can see the difference between the old and the new one in the Gallery page 5.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I think I might need to make a barbarian one day :P

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Jia
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

It shall be worth the wait indeed. Though speaking of conan movie goodness at least, is Subotais sword mixed in with any of the packs, or was that just a nice texture only WIP.
And its really not a Elder Scrolls game if you dont have one barbarian swinging a heavy sword/axe around with lil else thought. But as a Conan nut maybe im biased.
I did spend some of my favorite time in World of Warcraft taking pictures in the hidden tomb in the Badlands that is setup to resemble the movie tomb Arnold fell into. Once Age of Conan comes out, then i will have an actual online monthly fix. Though i will have to promise myself not to spend all my time in Aquilonia at King Conan's feet.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

My characters always are agile, fast and wield a 1H sword :P Ok I made a few exceptions and got some paladin's running around but no real barbarians.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

Jia wrote:, is Subotais sword mixed in with any of the packs, or was that just a nice texture only WIP.
I don't do models just to texture them and then not use them.. :P

The Subotai is to be the Legendary Blade of the Dunmer. (so far)

I don't care if it's a movie prop or not, the Subotai sword is obscure enough so that very few will realize it's from Conan the Barbarian...(unless they read the Read-me, and they usually don't!).

I have only mixed feeling for Age of Conan. Making it a MMO isn't grabbing me very much. it look cool though, although not as good as Assassin Creed.
Jia
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Yeah, mostly im interested in Age of Conan for the Lore and having a place to gather with friends. Still trying to hook one friend though, whos never read any Howard. I loaned him my Solomon Kane collection to start him with, hopefully he comes back for more and then BAM, here comes the Conan.
The game looks interesting from a Lore point. The developers are sticking really close to the books and Howards vision and not so much the movies. It takes place right at the conclusion of one of the storys but i forget which, but all the lore additions, enemys and the like they put out is right on line.

And wow i got a great idea for a Oblivion mod but i know im too busy to do anything with it right now.
As far as i know no ones ever done much with the Elephants tower story and that would make a great dungeon/thieving addon....course id have to work around some of the plot points, fit it more into the world. Perhaps an ancient dying Deadra...hmmm. Thinking outloud i am. In short...You must play a barbarian with a 2h sword and an Axe. One who thinks towns are bothersome, Bandits are a fun diversion and trusts only in the strength of his arm and steel.

Well yeah i say that, but ive been playing more ranger and mages lately...lol.