Everyone's Favorite Sword So Far

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
t_nilc
Chronicler

Ok, since there aren't any threads started by fans of the Real Swords project yet, how about the first fan created topic be about everyone's favorite sword so far. I suppose it makes sense for me to go first, being the thread creator and all. My favorite so far is the Elhazan Saber from the Redguard pack, though the bone katanas from the Wood Elf pack run a close race with it.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Elhazan
Editor/Chronicler

I'll agree, and say that the Elhazan saber is also my favorite (though I may be biased) ;p

But I also really love the Gull Sword from the Argonian Pack. I'm looking forward to the Redguard pack and the Broadsword in it. Something about it just looks SWEET. And I'm also really looking forward to the Bone set. The design just screams "awesome" to me.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

I'm biased because I like all of them, well if not i wouldn't do them..but I still have my favorite ones. And I can tell for some that are not out yet(contrary to some of ye!) :-D

LionClaw,Curved Dagger and Knucklebow, probably the highest 'real' feeling I got when trying them in-game. that until I applied the envmap2 shader to the Elhazan and tried it in-game...yet the lionclaw with envmap2 still kick ass a lot in my opinion..the copper look very nice with the reflexion.

Angular Leaf, very powerful looking in the 2 handed version. the blade was already looking like my favorite effect wise, I haven't tried it with envmap2 yet..the BroadSword Elhazan is eager to try out since a while, use that same steel texture..(hint on the origins here for the chroniclers).

Archer CurvyKriss (with EnvMap2 its an awesome blade to look at in game)

Panther with envmap 2 applied to the black blade look very nice too, much better than it was.. the Panther and the Barrow are my most detailed models so far. Because they have a simple form and I was able to model most of the hilt not so intricate work very close to the original. The hilt is derived from a Frazetta painting, and as soon as I discovered this I looked at it with renewed interest. You can expect another sword to be made with this hilt further on.

Brokenhead I like a lot, look a lot like my reference did too. It has one of the most dangerous and impractical! pommel I ever saw (African).

The Spadassin I designed myself..it has a blade that feel really rustic in-game, solid.

The TjallFord have a very detailed blade texture that look one of the most real I made. I haven't yet seen it with reflective setting though. But I played a whole game with The Tjallford. it's one of the reason I decided to do more blades...:) I opened my Viking sword, and my atlantean, and father,and then I started fiddling with my old father sword model, ending up redoing it completely to fit the one on my wall more. I reworked the Atlantean, the Viking (TjallFord) then I looked over back at Jody's site and I thought there's so much great stuff here!..lets do some more, and it ended making more and more..and more.
Vocha
Chronicler

By curiousity, do you know what TjallFord means Waalx?

My favourite so far (I love all of them) is probably due to the fact that I am working on texts fro the Orc blades now, it's the Quandao Cleaver. Beacause it is truly unique, to my knowledge there are no claymores in vanilla that are actually shorter than most longswords. That really inspired me when I wrote about it.

A close runner up however is the Elvin Knife, that knife is just perfect imo.
And also I like the what Elhazan wrote about it being as sharp as the tooth of a Nix hound, it does really look like a black tooth.
Waalx
Forum Master

Tjall is the name of a character in my favorite comic book. Ford is meaning a river fjord I think..the small city I originally come from is on the biggest river and it's a Fjord as well.
Vocha
Chronicler

In Norwegian you can directly translate TjallFord to Singing Valley/Fjord.
A "Tjall" is also the nickname of a pot sigarette :lol:
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

From the blades released so far: The Knucklebow and the Dragonclaw Cleaver must be my favorites. But since working on the NIF's and Alpha's I'm starting to really admire the Barbed Leafblade as well. Hm, and the Elvin sabres are sweet...@@ Oh what the hell: I love 'em all.
Arubeiriku
# 13

Mmmm, I havn't even bought most of them, so I can't really decide :D

From the ones I already have bought it would probably be the "Barbed Leafblade" and the "Knucklebow Saber".

But including all the weapons, I suppose I prefer the Elven weapons, especially the wood elf ones, as I just love Japanese-styled weapons :)

But there all superb in fact 8-)
Waalx
Forum Master

Bosmer is next after Redguard :)
t_nilc
Chronicler

Waalx wrote:Bosmer is next after Redguard :)
Awesome.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Worldgorger
Fumbling Sworduser

I would have to say one of the corralors or corralnium, because of the feling of newness they have.

I love the Orc weapons; carefully crafted, but decidedly brutal. I've got a thing for Aztec stuff, and the wood sword is just what I've always wanted! (Just FYI, it's called a macuahuitl. You could re-name it in an update or something. "Wood Sword" just doesn't sound good enough.)
Vocha
Chronicler

Anonymous wrote:I love the Orc weapons; carefully crafted, but decidedly brutal. I've got a thing for Aztec stuff, and the wood sword is just what I've always wanted! (Just FYI, it's called a macuahuitl. You could re-name it in an update or something. "Wood Sword" just doesn't sound good enough.)
I've just written about the Wood Sword, it now has a decent background at least when it comes to how it is made :) In Tamriel that is not on Earth if it really is based on an Aztec blade :)

The Wood Sword is truly unique, I think that the Corralor and Corralnium swords are the only ones that can compare to it in terms of "unique-ness".

question for the devs.....

i was lookin through the redguard sword release and i was wonderin about cutlasses. are any gonna be released like the ones in the game Redguard?
Waalx
Forum Master

Anonymous wrote:question for the devs.....

i was lookin through the redguard sword release and i was wonderin about cutlasses. are any gonna be released like the ones in the game Redguard?
1 hour after I release the Redguard module you ask me ( cause the devs don't do the swords, I do) if I'm going to do more swords for it? I hope you are not serious...
Orcish
Fumbling Sworduser

As I said previously while still a "guest," I still reckon "Wood Sword" is just such an... anti-climactic name. The Aztec name just sounds better. The Kukri uses it's Nepalese name, so using an Aztec name for an Aztec weapon, even in Tamriel, isn't setting a precedent.
BTW, great Redguard weapons! Not as fancy as some of the others, but with a fittingly military theme. I could argue about the stats (I'd have made the Kukri superior to the Curved Dagger), but they came out looking wonderful. The Elhazan Sabre looks like it'd perfect for a general, the Silver Knife has a fittingly "standard issue" appearance, and the Bowie Knife has a well-used look to it.
[Insert semi-humerous statement, random quote, or odd philosophical statement here.]
Waalx
Forum Master

the real aztec name sound too out of place with the others...that's why

it's also called a wood sword for real.

Since you seems to like it, you'll be glad to know I plan to stick to the story that is being written about them and make each wood swords a unique looking weapon. there will not be two alike. And in that rare case,,they will be exclusively Orc weapons, since they are ritual weapons created by young orc warrior in their rites of passage.

you are wrong about the kukri, it's only superior to the Bowie. the curved dagger is one step over the kukri in power. (that kukri is also a bit bigger than it should be in reality)
t_nilc
Chronicler

After playing around with the Redguard pack, I can confirm the Elhazan Saber is indeed my favorite sword released so far. :D

I really like the Redguard pack, my favorite released one. The bows looks great, though I am of course partial to the Nil Bow. :) I like the rosewood version best. The Kukri also came out pretty awesome. I would also like to say that StarX did a great job on the reflection maps.
Waalx
Forum Master

StarX didn't touch the reflection map on Redguard :) I did them...

I haven't seen his work in-game, just on picture as all of you, so I can't say what is better between mine and his yet...

something is sure here I didn't pass a long time on the reflection setting..I found something I saw that looked ok..and I went with it. Maybe Star X method look better, we have to wait and see.

I just made a new sword for the Bosmer. It's a tulwar scimitar 2 handed with a sheat like I did for the quandao.

t_nilc
Chronicler

Sorry, your reflection maps are great. :) So is the new sword.