Realword Textures

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Oberscht
Fumbling Sworduser

Since I'm making Models I know that texturizing is very difficult. A very nice looking model is nothing without good textures. Afaik you must be a professional 2D-Artist to make textures with the quality of the original ones. Today I dled the Realswords, saw the textures and just thought "whoa!". So my question is: Where you got these textures from? You made them yourself?
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Yes he did.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

yes I make the textures myself, they are a mix of base textures and hand painting.

as you said, yes I am a 2d artist since long before I first touched a 3D software some 5 or 6 years ago.. I've been a graphic designer and illustrator for over a decade now..and before that I was always either drawing something or painting. it has always been my passion. then I discovered 3D and all you can do, and I was instantly hooked. :)
Oberscht
Fumbling Sworduser

Waalx wrote:yes I make the textures myself, they are a mix of base textures and hand painting.

as you said, yes I am a 2d artist since long before I first touched a 3D software some 5 or 6 years ago.. I've been a graphic designer and illustrator for over a decade now..and before that I was always either drawing something or painting. it has always been my passion. then I discovered 3D and all you can do, and I was instantly hooked. :)
Base textures? Where you got them from?
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Internet (google images), photo's etc.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood