slight problem.....

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
shadowhunter72
Fumbling Sworduser

i have got the bosmer mod downloaded and i have checked it off in the data files menu, but when i played it and checked in shop, they arent there? why not??? :o
mitkoa
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

try loading the mod last, it worked for me.
________
White Widow Seeds
Natima
Unsteady Sworduser

Im getting the same problem.
And ive installed enough mods on this game in the past to know exactly how its done.
Allthough im not quite sure what you mean by leading the mod last.
Load it after what?
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

it means your load order..

it mean you should load the mod last with a utility like Oblivion Mod Manager

95% of the problem are due to a bad installation though... be sure you check how the archive is made and that it's the same in your data folder.
Natima
Unsteady Sworduser

All i did was

1. download the .rar file.

2. Right-click, select extract files... browsed my way to C:/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion/Data

3. Extracted files there.

4. and finally, ran the game and selected BOSMER HI-NPC.esp in the data files menu.
Natima
Unsteady Sworduser

Allthough, actually the shades and textures file were not in the directory allready.
I dont know if thats normal.
I only recently reinstalled the game and cannot remember whether or not they are in the original installation.
Waalx
Forum Master

I don't know..

check if the files are in the right place..yourself. Extrating to /data should work.

But if it didn't work and you haven't checked yourself..we can't know if it's really installed the right way or not.

if something isn't showing, there was/is a problem in either your installation or load order.

it could be a conflict with another mod that overwrite RealSwords Bosmer..and that is quite out of my ability to solve as a problem...

check the load order if all else fail. and load last.

but it should work.
Waalx
Forum Master

Natima wrote:Allthough, actually the shades and textures file were not in the directory allready.
I dont know if thats normal.
I only recently reinstalled the game and cannot remember whether or not they are in the original installation.
Nothing I do is in the original installation.. hehe

if it was already in the original disk, why would I do it? ;)
Natima
Unsteady Sworduser

Hehe, fair point.
I merely assumed these folders may have contained data for other aspects of the game. ie - not mods.
Natima
Unsteady Sworduser

Oh, and i got it working btw.

You may want to make a clearer point about needing the 1.2 patch, as like myself, im sure alot of people skin through the read me to just get to the installation.

And for the guy who started this thread. Thats your problem, update the game to the latest patch and all will be well.
Natima
Unsteady Sworduser

Ohhhhhhh yeah, and one more thing!

Fantastic job!

I love the new bows and arrows!
I've even found that due to the leveling nature of the game where everything around you levels WITH you, some of the medium damage (like 11-15 dmg) bows actually balance the game more than it was in the first place.

I will now proceed to downloading ALL the mods i can find on the forum!
hehe
Waalx
Forum Master

ah yes I always forget about the 1.2 patch that is needed...

Conan Lon told me of a way to make the mods compatible with earlier versions, but I never got to change the mods that are done already..

glad it's working!

:-)
shadowhunter72
Fumbling Sworduser

i think i figured out what was wrong, a stupid little mistake i made. i was being an imperial(i found out what bosmer meant the yesterday) i know now that i need to be wood elf to use the weapons( or have i got that wrong too ?) :?
Arubeiriku
# 13

You don't need to be a wood elf to use those weapons... The only difference is that if you're a wood elf, you'll get a bonus for using those weapons.
shadowhunter72
Fumbling Sworduser

oh......(darn it why'd i say that, i read the read-me) *laughs nervously* well i guess that means its something else then.....

EDIT: im sorry to be a pain waalx, but ive only got one mod and how'd i check if it was bad installation, and how would i be able to fix it(sorry if im being nuisance)
Waalx
Forum Master

open your Oblivion data folder and look into it.

there should be 4 realswords .esp files in your data folder. chose 1 of the .esp and remove the other 3 from that folder and put them in a separate folder.

the files of RealSwords should be in three folders:

\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\RealSwords

\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Textures\RealSwords

\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Textures\menus\icons\RealSwords

if all that is correct, then the mod is installed correctly. be sure ONLY ONE .esp per race is checked in your Oblivion mods list.

if it still don't work check your version of Oblivion. it has to be version 1.2
shadowhunter72
Fumbling Sworduser

oh crud....thats what it was. The oblivion game isnt the right version. i better find the patch now

EDIT: i guess there wasnt anything wrong with the mod (laughs nervously)
'May your blade always strike true, and first of course' Elder Scrolls IV

'End the chaos like a nightingale that silences everyone with its song' Samurai Warriors 2