CTD with RS:Breton

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
R153nm
Fumbling Sworduser

I have to say I love your work, but I have encountered a bit of a problem. With Breton, everytime I enter the same cell as the house, I get a CTD. I've tracked it down to Alienslof's Horses. I'm just wondering if you edited the horses outside the house somehow? I may well install CS and just remove the horses outside, but I wanted to know if it was my config or if it was scripting you had used on them? Thank you for your work again!
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

I didn't modify the horse, I just dropped them in the world and made them owned by the Breons..

I don't understand..
R153nm
Fumbling Sworduser

Well, I'll take a look in the construction set. It must be something Horses doesn't like then, so there is something wrong on my end. Thank you for your help, and hopefully I'll discover something.
Arubeiriku
# 13

I think I got the same problem over here, every time I get too close to the house the game crashes... I'm just glad to know it's not just me, as I'm running Windows Vista which causes several problems in Oblivion.

At the moment it's not really a problem, as I'm running the .esp that distributes it between the NPC's of that race. I just have to stay away from that house.
Waalx
Forum Master

that is a lot alike a problem I had myself here....before I released Breton.

I found out that having too many unused esp files in the data folder wasn't helping.

also be sure your Oblivion is patched to the latest update. 1.2.0416

I'll re-use the pic Forgotten posted me in the gallery...

Arubeiriku
# 13

I'll clear out some unused .esp's in my data folder and let you know if it changes anything, although I don't really have many of them...

As for the version, I'm running the latest version of TES IV, so that's not the cause of the problem.
Waalx
Forum Master

Arubeiriku wrote: As for the version, I'm running the latest version of TES IV, so that's not the cause of the problem.
verify the number shown on the picture so it is the same in your installation..its quite possible you actually are not running the very last version. I wasn't, I was a version under that one, but thought I had the last one as well.
Arubeiriku
# 13

I definitely have the latest version, I always pay close attention to having the latest edition of something if it's a good update, here's the proof:

As for removing unused .esp's it didn't change anything. I also tried loading it last, but it still crashes. Neither is it a conflict with another mod.

I will try and remove those horses to see if that changes anything as R153nm pointed out.
Waalx
Forum Master

ok tell me if it's the horses, I will remove them. and update the files
Arubeiriku
# 13

Removing the horses did not stop the game from crashing for me.

I will continue searching what might cause the problem and let you know if I find anything.
Arubeiriku
# 13

I haven't really tracked the problem down to something specific yet, but I can say that it has nothing to do with your mod.

Because when I uninstall it and try to go to the same spot as where the Breton Smithy used to be, I still get a crash. Dunno what it might be though, as I don't remember having problems in that area before.

Thanks for the help... And your mods are the best, keep it up :happy: