RealSwords? Past, present, and future...

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

CoS will be included in WAC.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Geaon wrote:I'm new to Oblivion, and its appears as though i got a very late start.
But using your mods i've realised they're the best mods anywhere
and the game seems empty and tasteless without them.
Eagerly anticipating Chronicles Of Steel and WAC, or is one included in the other?
Either way i hope very much that you finish them soon.
Get satisfied, and download you a copy of WAC instead of standing in anticipation like that...

I added you to the group.
Cenaria
Fumbling Sworduser

I'm really happy that someone like you exist and made this GREAT Mode!It's nice to destroy enemies (I'm using Deadly Reflex by Skycaptain) with your 2H Broadswords like Conan.I wish you will continue with these modificating and my secret dream is that you 'llcreate The Witcher Sword (based on The Witcher by A. Sapkowski).
I'm awaiting for the RACIAL Armors.THANKS WAALX!!!

NOTE: I'm sorry for my English I'm from Czech Republic. :-o
Akatosh323
Fumbling Sworduser

:-) AWSOME I love the Real Swords mods!!!! I was just wondering when do the Imperial race module come out? Great work keep it coming with the swords man they rule!!!!
" A world without war or conflict would be a peacful luxurious place, but this is not possible due to human nature for it is not the beasts of the wild but us who are the savages." Akatosh323
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Hi Alex, hope everything is fine with you and your family

Alex, do we have a chance to see a Realsword (Imperial or Dunmer) any time soon? :-o

We want it...and for you this is the ransom of Glory... :-o
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
MicroHunter
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I'm still waiting for the last RealSwords mods. But will they ever be finished?
MasterAub
The Second

MicroHunter wrote:I'm still waiting for the last RealSwords mods. But will they ever be finished?
I can assure you that those Realsword are or will be finished...(Imperial & Dunmer)
MicroHunter
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Nice! And I see Waalx is back! Awesome :-D-)
urwis123
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1991

Is this mod still being worked on? :anyone:
MasterAub
The Second

Hi urwis123,

short answer for a short question:

Yes!!!
Coltell
Unsteady Sworduser

Hi, im following this mod for a long time, it's my secong favorit mod(mod manager rulz) ,the armors of gladiators, the swords and the creature(love the gnolls, and the anoying smurfs). Im posting this only to know if you will mod for Skyrim, and of course if you will port all your blades. Alas i will apologizefor all the ortografics and sintaxis errors, english is far to be my main language.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Coltell wrote:Hi, im following this mod for a long time, it's my secong favorit mod(mod manager rulz) ,the armors of gladiators, the swords and the creature(love the gnolls, and the anoying smurfs). Im posting this only to know if you will mod for Skyrim, and of course if you will port all your blades. Alas i will apologizefor all the ortografics and sintaxis errors, english is far to be my main language.

I guess most if not all of us hope that he will port them over to Skyrim, or if that is some how not possible make them for Skyrim. Let us wait and see what Waalx does when the time comes. As for your English...do not worry no one will complain about that because i guess that enough people here on these forums do not have English as their native language either. :)
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

No, I'm not going to mod Skyrim as far as I know. There's a very good reason about this that will be explained once I release the next WAC version.

As for RealSwords itself, if you have WAC running you already have RealSwords Dunmer and Realswords Imperial in your game. I didn't make the separate mods for those two race, but I will probably do it at the same time I will release the next WAC.

There won't be any RealSwords Altmer (high elf). The reason for this is that I have no time to do it, and also that Altmer are mostly only magic users and in my opinion it would be lost. Of course my initial idea was to make a RealSwords Altmer based on magical blades, but that was then and now it's now, and I have no more time for this.

As for RealSwords in Skyrim, I guess some of the latest I made could be ported easy as I made the last ones more high res and the textures may still hold up to Skyrim level of detail. I don't know for sure though, the only thing I know is that by the time Skyrim is out, I won't be near a computer anymore... so I will probably permit others to port them to Skyrim, or at least the ones I feel are high quality enough (Nord, Dunmer, Imperial, and the new versions of Orc). For the rest, most would need to be re-worked to fit, and I won't be able to do it myself.
Floreria
Fumbling Sworduser

Bad for us who adore WAC. But hopefully someone will come up with anything similiar for Skyrim. At least nothing featuring lions etc, but wonderful armor and weapons which also fit the games atmosphere (which I think can not be said about most of the armors and weapons for oblivion).

I don't know what's the cause but I'm sure you will make your way (Do you say so in english...?) - for that you have my best wishes and many thanks for WAC so far!
Coltell
Unsteady Sworduser

Ok, i will expect the next release of WAC, bad news, you are one of the best modellers i saw, and the best creating blades, if you will not mod anymore it's a very bad new for everyone who love mod they games. I expect the "thing" will stop you of modding it's a Happy one (Wife and childs, work...).

P.D. I don't know why, but the altmers ever i imagined they blades like chinese ones (Daos,hook-swords etc) and japanese katanas, Bosmer like philippine (bolos, ginunting, kampilan etc) with bone handlers and Dunmer like Moghol/arab/persian. Argonians a mix of Aztec (the "body" of the blade of wood and the sharp edge of steel) and malay(keris and serpentine tipe swords) and Khajits another mix of Ancient Egypt and arab with indian influence. The human cultures of they own type of direct influence (Nords=Escandinavian and germans, Imperials=Rome and Byzantine times, Bretons(English) and Red Guards = well, perhaps sub sahara cultures) and orcs, minotaures, goblins and all the others bestial races with a great misc of raw made weapons of all type. When i saw your blades i fell in love, perhaps not all how i was thinking but close enough. The goblin, nord and imperial weapons,with the gladiator ones, are inspiring and fit incredible well with the cultures, a master piece of mod. Well, i will thank you for the hundreds of hours this mod was cost you,the hard work and the imagination, a colossal work for only one man. the best of lucks.
Gazoline
Fumbling Sworduser

Just want to say great thanks for this great and immersive mod. And please, tell me, what about terms of use? Can i port weapons for skyrim with credits of course or use few proprs and armor models or textures in my mods? Sorry for my bad english.