Eagle Broad arrows

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
DaveWags
Steady Sworduser

Don't know if anyone has pointed out this apparent small bug, but a quick scan of the topic headers didn't show it anywhere...

I love to go to the Archer's Paradox in Bravil now, and snap up all (and I mean all) of his stock of cool new arrows. Not sure which RealSwords mod gave him such an awesome new inventory, but it is much appreciated.

That having been said, when I go to buy up all of his arrows, there's a crazy little glitch with the Eagle Broad arrows. I go to buy them all, and it gives me all but 12. Then when I go to buy those 12, it says "buy all 12 for 500 bucks?" or whatever the total is. I hit yes, it deducts the 500 bucks but gives me only one, leaving 11 in the stock. I try to buy the remaining 11, it says "buy all 11 for 450 bucks" and I says yes. It deducts 450 bucks, and gives me 1, leaving 10 in stock. This goes on like this.

I thought it was just a one-time glitch the first time I bought him out, but when the inventory respawned, and I went back to snap them all up again, same thing happened. Just with the Eagle Broads.

No biggie, really. I'm an arrow glutton, so it doesn't make too big a deal. Just thought I'd mention it, since it is a bit odd.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it, when I first installed the RealSwords mods (Hi-NPC versions), it seemed I could not kill a baddie without him or her having one of the cool new weapons on him/her. I loved it! But I've noticed I've reached a point where now, none of the NPCs have them anymore. I went from feast to famine! I've gone a couple in-game weeks now, roaming countrysides and dungeons, mixing it up, and haven't seen a new one again. I see them all over the merchant shops still, which is awesome. But the NPCs aren't dropping them anymore.

Any ideas?
Gravity: It's not just a good idea...it's the law!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Any newly installed mods?
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
DaveWags
Steady Sworduser

Yeah, a couple.

Since installing the Real Swords mods, the only ones I've installed are:
- Streamline 3.0
- Armory of the Silver Dragon
- Harvest [Flora]
- and two new swords (New Frostmourn Sword and Christian's Claymore)

The last item (the two swords) I installed a day or two ago, but I noticed the problem with the NPC before that. Should I disable some to test it out? I really would hate to, since the Armory of the Silver Dragon mod is extremely cool, and I've already purchased many of the weapons, enchanted them, and are using them, as well as my current armor set. If I disable that mod now, won't I lose the items? Or should I back up the save file first, and reload it after I experiment?

I defer to the wisdom of those here that are more intelligent about such matters than I. Really, it's not *that* big a deal - the armed NPC prob, I mean. It's just more of a challenge if they are comin at me with weapons as strong as I am wielding. Makes for a less lopsided battle. Plus, of course, it makes looting their bodies more fun, w00t!

I did have a realism mod installed called "Living Economy" to make the buying/selling more realistic, but I would quickly run out of places to sell items at, and was always carrying too much un-needed loot. That's beside the point, sorry for rambling. :(
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

most probably this is due to another mod that modify the NPC inventory also, and that load after RealSwords.

the quickest way to see, (assuming you are using something like Oblivion Mod Manager), is to load the realswords mods last in the list.

try that and see if they come back.

for me everything appear as they should, unless I'm running a mod that change the npc I changed in RealSwords so far.
DaveWags
Steady Sworduser

Changing the order as you suggested fixed the armed NPC problem, thanks! No wonder you make the big bucks!
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

DaveWags wrote:No wonder you make the big bucks!
HUH? Money? where? Nobody told me! I'm still poor! ;-((
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I used to had this problem, and i tried the following : Realswords modules in last + a bashed patch. Bash ftw!! If you have something like 100 plugins like i do, bashed patch is the way to go.
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
daemondarque
Fumbling Sworduser

I occasionally see this happen, not just with regular merchants but with Tamriel Travellers (additional traveling merchants where you can sell your loot). I can guarantee it isn't Real Swords, as it was happening before I installed it; I believe it has something to do with Living Economy, but can't be sure because it's so random (and infrequent).