Need a little advice or guiding here ...

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Sup guys,

i've done the main quest in our favorite game, and i want to go back to oblivion, but i want to do it discretly. Is it easy to scale down an actual oblivon gate to maybe ... 8 feet tall, 2 feet wide in game ??? Like if i want to put it in a basement of something... Also, is it possible to use the same random oblivion plane feature for my personnal gate ? Is it a special reference that i could copy in the CS ???

Thx in advance guys, if i can figure this one out, i'll send it over to our modding sites !
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

scaling an object down isn't a problem usually unless they are npc.

Place your gate in the cell, select it (by clicking on the object you just droped, and normally it should be already selected).

Hold 's' key on your keybord (scale) and scale it to your liking. or double click your object in the preview window and edit the scale in numerical values in the reference window.

As for using the same plane always, I'm not sure about this I haven't checked on Oblivion gates much so far. but.. the new gate you will drop in the world will be a door with no link, you'll have to link it to something, so either a random thing or a direct link to a specific plane.

Check how the other gates are linked. Check specific gates that will always lead to the same planes like the kvatch one, and compared the settings to the random gates.
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Thx for the fast answer Waalx !

A little question, i mean another question lol... If i close it, it burns out, like the others, but if i want to keep it open for re-use??? If i link it to a specific world, will it stay like a normal door in the game ??? With the sigil stones, i don't really know...

I'll try to link it to a specific world, and i'll check about a "unclosable" gate...
Loque
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

well I think you mustn't set it as Oblivion-Gate
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

hey boys,

I didn't want to create a new topic out of that but i need a suggestion !

WHICH PROGRAM IS GOOD TO MERGE PLUGINS TOGETHER ????

Don't know if Wrye does it, i'll check though.... :-o