WAC?

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Cryhavoc66
Steady Sworduser

Is WAC going to include all the other swords ? and wont it be a huge file to download if it is ?
im really excited for all the new content ..

Waalx what do i have to do to gain permission to the WAC forum ?
live by the ak die by the ak
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

yes it will be kinda big to download, with the quantity of work he has done. BUT, he's working hard to optimize everything he has to reduce the size and complexity of the project.

i.e , he has done all the Arena swords on a single texture. This reduce the pack by a lot already. :)
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Cryhavoc66 wrote:Is WAC going to include all the other swords ? and wont it be a huge file to download if it is ?
im really excited for all the new content ..

Waalx what do i have to do to gain permission to the WAC forum ?
WAC has more weapons than RealSwords.

it is going to be a download of around 800 mb.

WAC forum is open tor those who ask.

I'm adding you to the group..

however I suggest you wait before you download. the version on the server here is 6 months old. Next one is around the corner..delayed by gladiators and stuff...
iamed
Fumbling Sworduser

Hey Waalx can I get access to the WAC forum aswell? I've always liked your work with RealSwords, and after seing pictures of some of the stuff in WAC along with hearing about how massive WAC actually is, I'm really eager to try it out.
Waalx
Forum Master

I'm adding you to the group..

however I suggest you wait before you download. the version on the server here is 6 months old. Next one is around the corner..delayed by gladiators and stuff...
SangRahl
Fumbling Sworduser

I'm almost tempted to throw my hand up and do my impression of a second grader with an immediate need to find the nearest facilities... but I'm literally just coming into the Oblivion/Oblivion Mods scene, and I know I'm going to have my hands full getting my prospective LoadOrder list to not implode my 'just-spanked fresh' install of Oblivion. Especially since I'm charging out the gates with an attempt at a 1st-time clean install with both FCOM and BetterCities, plus about a dozen other Immersion mods that piqued my interest. FCOM wasn't originally in my sights, until I saw FCOM_RealSwords was attached...

I'm a MASSIVE fan of Jody Samson and Albion Armorer (I was married with a DelTin 13th Century Falchion (DT5131) at my side, purchased from albion-swords back when they were one of the only DelTin distributers into the states...), and I practically fell over when I just randomly came across a screenshot of your Nord weapons. Then, I actively found the rest of the releases and I was hooked. I was only mildly disappointed in discovering that it's still a [WIP], but as a part-time modder for FO3, I can certainly understand taking one's time with such massive undertakings, and "getting sidetracked" (in the eyes of those waiting for RealSwords to be completed)... heck, I'm installing TES IV:Oblivion to take a break from the FPSRPG gameplay of FO3, and leaving my mods behind to do so.

But, I can't wait to see what's coming with WAC, and I may end up scrapping FCOM for simply OOO+MMM, if that becomes an option alongside your own. (Of course, getting used to using 2-3 different intallers/managers kinda has to come first... With Fallout3, there's pretty much just FOMM, with no WryeBash equivalent, and barely anyone has adapted to using it's 'OMOD' functionality.)

Best of luck on your Beta and Release, and I'll be watching intently from the stands.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I don't think both OOO and MMM will work good alongside WAC... Besides it's not needed :P
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

WAC is a different overhaul, so there's bound to be some glitch...

It's too big and cover too much for me to verify bugs with other overhauls. And beside I don't run FCOM nor OOO and of course not MMM.. (WAC is a creature mod! and mine own :P ). An overhaul is a complicated mod and I would soon find myself lost and bored to death to have to check that.

I started WAC with a clean slate in mind. The base of WAC may work fine with other mods, but then you miss a lot of good stuff about what makes WAC an overhaul and not just a creature mod.

Armors, weapons, and such are changes done on NPC. As soon as two mods change an NPC one is bound to overwrite the other, unless a bash patch is made.

Anyway I'm no pro in that either as I use a minimum of mods + mines.

All I can say is I'm trying to build WAC to be a complete solution on it's own.
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I'm behind you my friend. You don't need OOO and MMM if you got this monster. XD

OOO is a good one though, kinda hard. MMM is making me sick. The only thing i could get out of this is missing meshes.

There's stilll a whole lot of gameplay mod, such as D.R and Supreme Magicka , or stuff like ULs (minor patches though) that will work great with this project. Better cities, AWLS, All natural, name it, most of what Waalx is doing is going to be around NPC and what they wear + spawn points.

At least, it will be much less trouble to install this than to install the god forsaken FCOM. I now i'm going to get slapped if i say this in Beth's forums. :twisted:
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I'm using WAC with MMM and plenty of other mods. I wrote something about it somewhere here. Tag WAC mods with invent, and maybe some other things.

Do we have a release date? Like maybe today or tomorrow???
lethalshizzle01
Fumbling Sworduser

how do you get on the WAC? because it looks great> :-o :o
Cryhavoc66
Steady Sworduser

lethalshizzle01 wrote:how do you get on the WAC? because it looks great> :-o :o
Ask waalx !!!!!
live by the ak die by the ak
SangRahl
Fumbling Sworduser

I actually went through a full FCOM install last night, and I will agree with my previous remark about it being a beast and requiring care and respect... But, as I tend to get a bit over-cautious in my scouring for conflicts online and I don't tend to get completely worn out by having to cross-reference a half dozen posts/guides, I think it went rather smoothly.

I will admit, though, that choosing FCOM as your first mod install for Oblivion is akin to having an acute case of techno-masochism disorder. Heheheh. But, it certainly hooked me on the abilities of WryeBash BAIN and BOSS... Fallout3 Modders seriously don't know what they're missing.

But, as I'm also going very slow in my full install of immersion mods, I may actually have a chance to see what the hubbub is all about with WAC, beyond the arena and graphical updates. And, who knows, if the FCOM team latches onto WAC's additions (being heavily monster/NPC/Inventory related), I may end up even happier for my 6-hour installation, what with all of the downloads, cross-refererence reading, and double/triple-checking procedures. (Yeah, not including the pre-install harddrive scrubbing I put this box through...)
Raven1337
Steady Sworduser

Hail.

May I receive the permission to access the WAC forum, oh noble Waalx?
Waalx
Forum Master

you've been added to the group
Raven1337
Steady Sworduser

Thank you very much Waalx.
burrum
Fumbling Sworduser

Hi Waalx, thank you for the great swords, can't imagine playing Oblivion without them. Hearing about WAC and seeing pictures made me really want to try it out. Can I get access to the WAC forum, please?
Waalx
Forum Master

That WAC thing? bah...don't bother lad.

:P

Every member of this forum have access to the WAC forum since a few days.

cheers!
burrum
Fumbling Sworduser

:) Guess i didn't log in, stupid me