RedWood Bow

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
leslewellyn
Fumbling Sworduser

Hello, waalx. I've been enjoying your work greatly, particularly the bosmer set. Arrows with sharply differing flight dynamics-- lovely.

My one quibble is with the RedWood Bow, which is a beautiful piece and is slowly driving me insane.

This lovely little bow, the most powerful in the bosmer set (less powerful than a certain Redguard bow, but you've said already that the sets aren't balanced yet), comes with an arrow rest.

An arrow rest that the archer, due to the nature of the "archer" animations, does not use.

It's a very minor issue, and I'm sure actually getting the animation to use the arrow rest would require a lot of work, and it is certainly a beautiful bow-- but it keeps feeling like my character, despite her 96 Archery skill (101 with the bosmer bonus), doesn't know how to use this newfangled device properly.

Any plans to resolve this issue, to one side or the other? I'd hate to see such a lovely bow model vanish, but as it stands it just ... doesn't ... fit.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

:shock:

It's not an arrow rest. :roll:

It's a special elven aiming device! :woot:

Rest easy, your character know how to use it. :ninja:

glad to help!

;)
leslewellyn
Fumbling Sworduser

Admittedly, it doesn't look very ... flexible.

Okay-- so it's a special elven aiming device that just happens to occupy the exact place in the same recessed alcove I do not know the name for on the bow's structure that an arrow rest occupies on a modern compound or recurve.

... I can live with that. :)