Is WAC, OOO compatible?

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Hellgaze
Fumbling Sworduser

If not will there be a compatibility patch? Just checking cause I use OOO and a bunch of other mods but OOO is the only one I think will conflict badly with WAC. OOO= Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul in case any1 forgot.
I like swords.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

This isn't released as version 1.0 yet so no not till that time and afterwards it's up to OOO to do is at Waalx won't do it. Can't blame him, he doesn't use it and he's just one man.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

For personal use only I have replaced a few of OOO's creatures with the much better WAC creatures. It's quite awesome, even though I still miss out on a lot of WAC stuff. Thank god for Wrye Bash having save game profiles so I can switch between characters and their mod setup so easy! :-)

As I said, this is just for my personal use and not for the public. :P
Hellgaze
Fumbling Sworduser

Thanks for the fast reply, I may decide to switch from OOO to WAC, but methinks I'll wait for even more polished release. Prolly next version I'll try.
I like swords.
true highlander
Unsteady Sworduser

Hi everyone/anyone?

I'm a new recipient of this truly unique content overhaul. In the past I was using the Realswords mods available on TESNEXUS and fell in love with the quality and variety. The Goblins version added very appropriate content to my very immersive game.

I'm not running FCOM, only OOO, MMM, COBL and Arma Complete w. Artifacts for overhauls. I've installed WAC and enabled most of the esps and disabled MMM. I've encountered no significant issues with my game, nada! I've played my game since for about 16 hours and love the content. I thought I'd miss the very polished most recent MMM release, I was wrong. I even disabled Trollfs incredible mega content overhaul in favor of this new content. I'm sure there are some possible significant conflicts with OOO that may surface, I haven't experienced any.

My two pence for input would be to slow down the speed for alot of the creatures as it is quite unrealistic and very problematic. Many of them were launching themselves off of the terrain gradients in a quite comical, sad and very exploitable way.

Overall this is the most unique and enjoyable of the mods I've downloaded to date since the release of TESIV!

Thank you Waalx (and to Masteraub for the link) for this new gaming realism mod. TESNEXUS has seemingly turned into a Photoshop and tits&ass forum for the most part.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

you are more than welcome my friend

and a warm welcome to Waalx forum, welcome to the tribe... :-)
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
dAb
Fumbling Sworduser

Hey there. Googling "waalx ooo" brings here, so here I am in my full noob glory. Sorry to bump up a quite old thread but didn't find anything appropriate and the 'official' thread is huge :shock:

I'm slooowly downloading WAC for the very first time and just like the OP I'm one of those with OOO hard-coded into the game :cheese: question is, will my game explode? Are there any major conflicts I have to be aware? I'm going to use wrye bash for this, do I need to rebuild the bashed patch?

Thanks in advance :)
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

I'm one of those with OOO hard-coded into the game
The good news first: your game will not explode.

The bad news: You have to live with an unbalanced game.

So your approach to the game should be more the philosophical way: real life often is rather unbalanced, but you are still alive, no? Maybe you can bear it in your game too. (You can call this philosophy bullshit as OOO is mostly a balancing overhaul, but the dividing line between bullshit and philosophy isn't allways clear in real life, so maybe you can bear it.in your game too...and so on....)

I am also a bit OOO hard-coded (nice description :D ) After some weeks of OOO abstinence I installed it again together with full WAC (in the mod list before WAC). I had missed the Ayleid ruins near Anvil, the quests (which are thematically really well integrated into the game), even the warning posters at the city walls, all these things, which were in my game since years. Sometimes I am not really content with this decision, but in real life I am not always completely satisfied with my decisions either ... and so on...
dAb
Fumbling Sworduser

Well that's good news indeed! :)

And that's also bad news :-(

I wonder if carefully building a bashed patch with the OOO content would get back in the game what WAC overwrites.. I'm gonna give that a try :think:

Thanks!
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Mainly I am a bit ashamed of destroying Oscuro's balancing philosophy with my rude mix. I hope, that he will never detect what I have done. :-(
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Salimbene wrote:
I'm one of those with OOO hard-coded into the game
The good news first: your game will not explode.

The bad news: You have to live with an unbalanced game.

So your approach to the game should be more the philosophical way: real life often is rather unbalanced, but you are still alive, no? Maybe you can bear it in your game too. (You can call this philosophy bullshit as OOO is mostly a balancing overhaul, but the dividing line between bullshit and philosophy isn't allways clear in real life, so maybe you can bear it.in your game too...and so on....)

I am also a bit OOO hard-coded (nice description :D ) After some weeks of OOO abstinence I installed it again together with full WAC (in the mod list before WAC). I had missed the Ayleid ruins near Anvil, the quests (which are thematically really well integrated into the game), even the warning posters at the city walls, all these things, which were in my game since years. Sometimes I am not really content with this decision, but in real life I am not always completely satisfied with my decisions either ... and so on...
I must say I agree with this entire post. Of all the other overhauls, OOO was hard coded in my game as well, and I still feel withdrawal symptoms. Besides the already mentioned features, it removes level scaling and that's something I'm having issues with at the moment. I absolutely hate it. :angry:

Plus, I don't think it matters which other mods one uses for loot and dungeon exploring satisfaction, they can never equal what OOO brings. The trapped chests, static loot, epic bosses and just making it worthwhile to actually go into a fort or ruin. Where is all the lost treasure of the Ayleids? I've seen an excuse that ruins, forts and caves have been sacked in the past leaving nothing for the new adventurer which is epic fail. Without OOO, I still find myself looking in all corners and behind everything hoping to find a trinket or something of value. The best I get now is a Rune Skull. Calipers and crappy junk don't sell for much.

As far as balancing goes, I've been playing this game since it was released and don't do the vanilla quests or the MQ so it really doesn't matter to me that much. It's all the mods that add extra content like WAC and Elsweyr and some others that keeps me playing it.

I'm going to bite the bullet, reinstall OOO, Bash it all together, and see how it goes.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
dAb
Fumbling Sworduser

Well my game didn't blow up but the loss of OOO content is just too much for my feelings :-(

However I felt in love with some of the new creatures, I'm going to test WAC once more with only Waalx Animals_Creatures.esm and WAC.esp enabled, a heavily tweaked bashed patch and see how it goes.