Spam bots! FFFFFFFFF!

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Where the hell are these awful spam bots coming from? There must be someway to stop them right? D:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Let us hope so because it is pretty annoying alright.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

They've been reported.

When it's the same user name it should be IP banned to at least stop that one coming back.

Trouble is they are everywhere more than usual lately. Tesnexus was overrun with them not so long ago and Planet Elder Scrolls and other sites also seem to be targeted.

I don't know what they get out of it. Most savvy people wouldn't click on their links...or I would hope not. I suppose it's no different to scam email. I know some gullible people who've sent money to fake charities and the like because of silly sob stories.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Axah121
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1991

i like how they advertise golf, im pretty sure next to none of the players here play golf, at least, not regularly.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:They've been reported. When it's the same user name it should be IP banned to at least stop that one coming back.

Yeah last week when i reported one of those spam posts i asked if it could not be done that way. But i forgot to check the box for a answer back so that was kind of stupid from me. :grin:
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Are these some automatic programs for spamming or is that some Delboy Trotter trying to get rid of his golf-club stash?

Hmm, or maybe that's a fan that is requesting RealSwords:CountryClub mod?
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Since the forum registration is now automated, some bots may slip through. Don't bother with them, when I see them: they are banned, their posts erased, their IP blocked and their account deactivated. Sometimes I may not log to the forum every day, so that may appear bad if one post 3 posts in a row.

Other than that, yeah, it's common sense on the internet not to click anything the like. However some of those posts are devoid of any link whatsoever, so I really don't get what's the point of it exactly...it's made just to annoy I think.

Move along if you see those posts, and don't answer them as I will delete the bot-topics anyway.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I see the spambots are asking for trouble again. :angry:

The last one got in 15 separate garbage topics today. There are no links in any of them though, it's all rubbish, so I wonder why they bothered, but he or she won't get another chance. :ninja:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett