The price of swords

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Fille
Fumbling Sworduser

First off let me start by saying that I think that your work is exceptional and that I sincerely appreciate the effort that you put into making Oblivion a more fun experience for me.

My request is that you (pretty) please add a patch to make the weapons affordable. I don't use the "hot" weapons, just the vanilla versions so as not to unbalance things, but honestly the prices are just too awful.

Please....

Peace

Fille
:hello:
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Hi mate,

Just one comment, if WAC swords are too pricy for you, understand that they could be too cheap for others. My point is, Waalx is not going to do hundreds of patch to accomodate every single WAC user...

With 5 minutes of learning the CS you can easely do (by yourself) the patch you need.

Enjoy the Wonder that WAC is...
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fille
Fumbling Sworduser

MasterAub wrote:Hi mate,

Just one comment, if WAC swords are too pricy for you, understand that they could be too cheap for others. My point is, Waalx is not going to do hundreds of patch to accomodate every single WAC user...

With 5 minutes of learning the CS you can easely do (by yourself) the patch you need.

Enjoy the Wonder that WAC is...
I took your advice, I installed the construction kit and a tutorial, but the problem is that the CS can't handle the sword exe file :IObectnomore:
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Hi

Guess what I am ready to help you but you need to be much much more specific.

Here is what you should do...

1) Load the CS
tick Oblivion.esm
tick WAC.esm
don't make it active

2) do your thing like changing the price of the sword in a given merchant

3) click save the CS will then ask you for an .esp name. I suggest: FilleWACSwordPatch but any name would do

4) close and start Oblivion. Don't forget to tick your FilleWACSwordPatch.esp in the .esp list

Et voilà your done...

PS: if you want to go back to your Mod (yes you just made your first mod) then you'll have to tick Oblivion.esm then FilleWACSwordPatch.esp (and make it active this Time) WAC should load into your CS automatically but you can tick it like the Oblivion.esm
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fille
Fumbling Sworduser

Thank you for your response.

Let me be a bit more specific.

I downloaded three packages from the Elder Scrolls Nexus, the Breton, the Redguard, and the Khajit swords.

Then I loaded the CS, clicked on the Oblivion master file and then made the sword .esp file active.

Then CS gave me a message that the file was higher than it could handle.

I will try again.

Peace

Fille
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

You must be using old version of the Construction set.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/in ... uction_Set

Here you can find what you need. Also, if you're new to Construction set, start from the main page:
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/in ... /Main_Page
and you'll find many tutorials and every kind of information about CS that you need.
ziitch
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1989

Unfortunately I think pricing is a persistent problem from mod to mod. I think it stems from mass mod overhauls like OOO where you are given large treasures instead of the leftovers of a previous looting that the vanilla game tends to reward you with. I do think the next version of WAC could easily balance out the pricing issues by redesigning the current leveled lists for containers in dungeons and ruins or set up new containers with new lists so that there is a better chance of an ample reward awaiting you.