(CONTEST) Do you like the RealSwords project? Are you a fan?

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Vocha
Chronicler

Here is another one of my pathetic attempts at breathing a little more life into these forums.

I invent characters in my head every single day, do you? I love RP'ing and I love writing about characters even more.

So here is the idea, post your best character invention here or one you feel would be suited for this project, whatever. And I'll pick the one I think is best, most amazing, coolest, cutest, fanciest, most creative or whatever and incorporate it in one of my stories.

This is your chance to gloat, brag and talk about your character and be rewarded for it! Cheese for everyone! ;)

So come on now, don't be shy! Or I'll be very sad :-(

(For extra points post a picture of your character, it doesn't have to be painted, drawn, illustrated etc by you of course.)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Alright if my Oblivion isn't fixed by the last .ini tweak I know I'll come up with something. Expect a swordmaster ;) Lonely, bitter, deadly and fast. Btw can I apply multiple characters?
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

yeah..everyone is shy it seems...

how about an old ayleid who talk like a pirate and lived for 4000 years? ah euh.. ok then!

I'll go make my own mod!
Vocha
Chronicler

Mormacil wrote:Alright if my Oblivion isn't fixed by the last .ini tweak I know I'll come up with something. Expect a swordmaster ;) Lonely, bitter, deadly and fast. Btw can I apply multiple characters?
You may apply as many characters as you want yes :) Though I'll only pick one, for obvious reasons.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Ok ;) I love the ranger/fast swordfighter but I also got a great idea for a sort of strong not to bright cursed Redguard ^^

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

Mormacil wrote:Ok ;) I love the ranger/fast swordfighter but I also got a great idea for a sort of strong not to bright cursed Redguard ^^
Hey, bring it on! I love creative ideas, and curses are always fun. Just remeber to give some backround with your character(s) :)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I will. :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
t_nilc
Chronicler

Are you wanting the whole backstory to our characters, or just a particular event that would fit in well. Also, are you wanting the stories tied into a particular sword, or just a story about our characters. And finally, how long do you want this to be? I tend to get long winded if I'm not careful. :)
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Also what is the period it should take place in?

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

t-nilc wrote:Are you wanting the whole backstory to our characters, or just a particular event that would fit in well. Also, are you wanting the stories tied into a particular sword, or just a story about our characters. And finally, how long do you want this to be? I tend to get long winded if I'm not careful.
I'm not going to write in an event in one of my stories, I'm going to incorporate a character. If you feel describing an event that has happened in your characters life is paramount to me understanding it or getting the 'feel' of it, then by all means you should include it. But it is not needed :)

I'm not looking for a story about your character and one of the RS swords, I will be writing that (are you trying to steal my job here? :P). You write about your character, if you want it to have a juicy backstory, then it should have that. If you want it to be mysterious then maybe you shouldn't write so much. It's your choice :) Surprise me, it's all about giving me an entertaining read whilst at the same time showing your great character off as much as possible.

How long? As long as you think it needs to be.
Mormacil wrote:Also what is the period it should take place in?
Waalx (the character) dies in 2E530, so anywhere between the end of the Merethic Era and the Second Era is an appropriate lifespan for your characters.

Whoho, two contestants, 50 percent chance to both of you! It's getting exiting now :) I look forward to reading about your individual characters :) May Kynareth guide you through dark forests of thought.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Shouldn't it be Diabella or Sheogorath? Since they both concern artists... ;)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

Kynareth is the Aedra of nature and it's values. I simply used that particular Aedra's calling sign in a metaphor. If I wanted to adress the matter directly I'd say something along the lines of 'I hope you are bathed in the knowledge of Julianos' or 'I hope you venture deep into Apocrypha and grasp it's hidden knowledge' or something like that.

I think it's more original to use another attribute (like Kynareth's association with forests and nature) in a way that reflects another nature (like knowledge as is associated with writing) but that's just me.

:)
t_nilc
Chronicler

Sounds good then, I'll probably start writing Friday as I have the day off. Now I just have to decide which characters deserve being written about. I come up with a new character every time I get ready to play Oblivion. :) Keeps me from progressing much. Did the same thing with Morrowind. I had one character with around 200 hours on him and then like 20 characters all with under 5 hours play time. I have to force myself to keep one main character so I can experience everything at least once.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

20 characters sounds about right ^^

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

t_nilc wrote:Sounds good then, I'll probably start writing Friday as I have the day off. Now I just have to decide which characters deserve being written about. I come up with a new character every time I get ready to play Oblivion. Keeps me from progressing much. Did the same thing with Morrowind. I had one character with around 200 hours on him and then like 20 characters all with under 5 hours play time. I have to force myself to keep one main character so I can experience everything at least once.
The character you write about does not need to be a character you have RP'd in Oblivion of course. It could be a character you made up for a RP on the forums or just some character you dreamt about for all I care. I just thought I'd clarify.

The skooma addict that robs and steals, but really has no real greatness over him except for a little personality brilliance is just as welcome as the hero of the day.
Mormacil wrote:20 characters sounds about right ^^
Hey, whatever floats your boat right. I suffer from the exact same 'start over again' syndrome myself. It's the reason I haven't played any PC game in a while.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Ok so far I got
1) Imperial officer, great swordsman.

2) cursed Redguard, strong warrior and son of a smith.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

Son of a smith 'eh? Trying to score extra points 'huh? :P

Awaiting a good read then :)
argochris
Unsteady Sworduser

Still wondering on how it's all going since I had fun adding the currently released realswords to my leveled lists so NPCs have them. :)

How's it going over there? :o
Vocha
Chronicler

argochris wrote:Still wondering on how it's all going since I had fun adding the currently released realswords to my leveled lists so NPCs have them. :)

How's it going over there? :o
I'm not sure what you are asking, or if it is directed at me, but since this is my topic and somewhat my responsibility I'll respond.

How it's going? It seems your are asking about how the entire RSP is going? If so, you should ask Alex not me, just make a new topic here in the General Discussion part of the foums and ask. He's pretty fast to respond and usually answers whatever question you might have as long as you are polite.

However if you are asking how the competition is going, there is only two compeditors, and one of them has just become a writer, which makes his entry pretty much pointless. So by all means, if you enter you have a fifty percent chance of winning ;)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Ok sketched Ezzan(the redguard) and gave him full backgroundinfo. :) Ok ok, I'll post his bio and his sketch. Yeah I can't wait :P Neither can you ;)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood