(CONTEST) Do you like the RealSwords project? Are you a fan?

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Vocha
Chronicler

Mormacil wrote:Ok sketched Ezzan(the redguard) and gave him full backgroundinfo. :) Ok ok, I'll post his bio and his sketch. Yeah I can't wait :P Neither can you ;)
Well, so far you have a 1/1 chance of winnning, and to be honest you totally deserve to be the winner anyway considering your enthusiasm for the project. And no, I can't wait ;)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Sorry somewhere between making that post and checking out Eye Candy forum I went to bed, completely forgetting about this post :S I'll have to post it later, now I need to unpack ;)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Ezzan Cos (yes I'm not good with creating names :P)

Ezzan is the son of a smith and banned from his hometown in Hammerfell. It all began when Ezzan was 20. He silently had a crush on one of the girls in town but she was the fiancée of the son of one of the righest guys in town. Some trader with some shady deals.

At one night Ezzan is drinking away his sorrow in the local Inn. While feeling misserable he sees the son of the trader hitting his finacée. She apparently make some smartmouthed remark he didn't like. Drunk and in love Ezzan enrages. He goes nearly berserk. In his rage he starts beating up the guy. Before his townmen can stop him the guy stops breathing. Not really a good way to impress a girl I would say :P

Beeing a bit of a shady but wealthy trader the father of the man let's Ezzan been banned from the town and cursed by a battlemage. The curse will be that no matter what when in battle Ezzan will be armed with his sword but not able to unsheat it. So even when he takes a couple axes to a fight he ends up with a sword in his hand, sheated.

After beeing banned Ezzan becomes a sailor. After a year or three he ends up in Skyrim. With his battlerage and sailing skills he fits in pretty well with the Nords. Over the years he becomes a known adventurer, mercenairy, sailor, explorer and well pirate.

Name: Ezzan Cos
Race: Redguard
-------------------------physique
Length: 190cm
Weight: 90kg
-------------------------family
Father: Marcus Cos, son of a couple that was very happy with the Imperial presence. He's a the smith of a little town.
Mother: Aira Cos, daughter of a Redguard couple that's very nationalistic. They weren't that happy that their daughter married a man with an imperial name.
Siblings:
1st born, male: Orcus - the oldest and a politician and trader. He's very arrogant and not to fond of Ezzan with his bad name.
2ed born, male: Hakini - a soldier. A bit of a looner and always far away on some mission. When he was at home he taught Ezzan how to fight.
3th born, male: Ezzan -
4th born, female: Naira - married to a rich trader. Not to close to Ezzan after he's been banned.
5th born, male: Tobus - to the horror of his grandparents also named in imperial style. He's the youngest and has a bad health. Currently works and a clercic/writer for the Empire in the region.
-------------------------skills, education etc.
basic swordfighting: His brother Hakini tought his the basics of swordfighting when he was home.
basic hand to hand: No always beeing able to use his sword Ezzan learned some basic hand to hand combat over the years. Beeing his size it can be quite effective.
advanced bluntweapons: Always waving around with a sheated weapon is just like waving around a mace. So his skills with bluntweapons is impressive.
sailing
navigation
climbing
basic smithing
: His father was a smith and he learned the basics of smithing. He knows quite a bit about the whole progress and his sword is in top condition, but he has no change of using it's sharp edge in battle.
-------------------------professions
Mercenairy, sailor, explorer, adventurer, pirate.
-------------------------Views
Religions: His believes are a mixture of the Nine Divines, Nord gods abd the Snakereligion from the southwest of Hammerfell.
Goal in life: Ezzan wants to prove himself to his father he's a good man. Therefor he saves the most of his money but always ends up spending it all at some point. Usually a woman and to much booze.
- He has no taste of politics, it's vague, boring and well for old men. Unless it pays of course.
-------------------------personality
- In battle Ezzan can go berserk, at least nearly, very impressive for a non-Nord.
- He's a hard worker and get's respect from the rest of the crew quickly.
- Is never really scared except for ghosts. They are unnatural and with his sheated sword and his bare hands he can't kill them...

A picture will be added later, still need to color it ;)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

Very well done, thorough and exiting :) You have given a lot of background and much material to work with. I like the Redguard very much, especially the curse part. However, if I am to write a text about him, which seems plausible at the moment I would love if the curse was a little more epic, and a little less comical. Would that be possible?

I mean, a curse that actually aids him in some way, as well as torment him. And by epic I mean something bigger, more legendary. Like being cursed by a Daedric Prince or even an Aedra for killing that man or anything like that. Think Prince of Persia/Sand Wraith, Werewolf etc. Would that be possible? If not, then that is a-ok, your character, your curse :)

Did you work on this in Italy? It seems inspired. And a description would be welcomed, but that is what the picture is for I guess? :)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I left out his appearance because of the picture. Well he's a redguard in thick nord clothing. But a hybrid Redguard/Nord helmet.

His curse more epic? Hmm I'm not sure. It's mostly he wants to do good in a way but to survive needs to do bad as well. And in combat he's feared for his rage, that and his sword. I agree it seems comical but ever tried killing a rickling with a sword mounted on a boar with a sheated sword? :P

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Lee Buslett
Steady Sworduser

I love em all but................I NEED NORD SET!
I have a cat named Spaghetty
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Erm did you read the thread? This is about a contest ;)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Lee Buslett
Steady Sworduser

no I guess I did not but iam good at randomly appearing so why not make a meaningless post?
I have a cat named Spaghetty
Vocha
Chronicler

Ok, I'm setting the deadline to 6th of August for entry. Also posting a reminder on the BS forums.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

ok deadline is tomorrow right? Guess we have a winner :D

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

Mormacil wrote:ok deadline is tomorrow right? Guess we have a winner :D
Hey Mormacil, sorry about not announcing it... I've been busy, although technically I shouldn't even announce a winner, considering there was only one participant it doesn't even qualify for being a competition ;)

But seriously, congratulations :P I will be incorporating my interpretation of your wonderful Redguard in my next story after "The Mer-Headed Lion" which I am currently working on.

Again, congrats! You really do deserve it, even if it is not really much of a reward ;)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Ah well to celebrate I post a sketch of Ezzan :P I know it's huge but I'm to lazy to scale it better.

sketch

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

Argh! I just wrote a three paragraph resonse to that wonderful picture and I hit the wrong button and navigated away instead of posting it! Damn.

In short, beautiful picture, love the face in particular with those dread rolls. Can't wait to write about him :)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Ah man, bad luck :( I like praise 8-) Ah well I'm looking forward to that story. I really should read more CoS but I'm beeing sucked into Oblivion by my new Xivilai...

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

this drawing is better than the other one you shown earlier..did you read Have fun with a Pencil?

from what I see here your frame is much more well done, yet for the face you don't seem to be using the block method described in the book. I highly suggest you read it and try it, it will make you place your elements on the face much more easily and will never look off.

yet good drawing. Although what the hell is that big sword-like thing in his back? he's not an anime! :P
Vocha
Chronicler

Mormacil wrote:Ah man, bad luck :( I like praise 8-) Ah well I'm looking forward to that story. I really should read more CoS but I'm beeing sucked into Oblivion by my new Xivilai...
Yeah... Damn. I hate those sort of things, fuck. Who doesn't like praise? And you deserve it, not quite as much as Alex though :P He REALLY deserved some serious fucking praise! We chould make a praiseland just for him :P

Slof's mod? Nice. I don't use mods, I play vanilla :P Besides, I don't have time to play these days, so I have uninstalled Oblivion. All work and no play makes Thomas go crazy! *runs off*
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Waalx wrote:this drawing is better than the other one you shown earlier..did you read Have fun with a Pencil?

from what I see here your frame is much more well done, yet for the face you don't seem to be using the block method described in the book. I highly suggest you read it and try it, it will make you place your elements on the face much more easily and will never look off.

yet good drawing. Although what the hell is that big sword-like thing in his back? he's not an anime! :P
Yeah for the face I used another method from an other book, just to try it out. I'll reread that part about faces. About that sword, claymores are supposed to be 2 meters tall at least ;) And it's just his sheet that you see. Read about his curse btw?

@Vocha indeeds Slof's mod, it's great fun :) Though somehow I can't load my saves :'( At least not the latest 2, get crashes after load.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Vocha
Chronicler

Mormacil wrote:
Waalx wrote:this drawing is better than the other one you shown earlier..did you read Have fun with a Pencil?

Yeah for the face I used another method from an other book, just to try it out. I'll reread that part about faces. About that sword, claymores are supposed to be 2 meters tall at least ;) And it's just his sheet that you see. Read about his curse btw?

@Vocha indeeds Slof's mod, it's great fun :) Though somehow I can't load my saves :'( At least not the latest 2, get crashes after load.
That's why I don't use mods.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Hey I wouldn't be playign if I didn't use any ;) And I only lost half an hour. The reason they're messed up I think is because I update the racemod I used.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Mormacil, this is the blocking stage I was talking about, I made you a quick animation of how I proceed.

notice the geometry I build using only circles. These are the sculpting of the face, here the drawing slowly proceed to a cage that could be seen as having a 3D depth already. very useful when it come to shading the drawing afterward, because these forms will dictate to you how the light should touch the form of the subject based on theses basic geometry.