Do they check those emails?

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Hello everyone,

I have a question. As many of us know bethesda changed a few things on the Beth forums, and as such the old passwords where no longer...valid so to speak and you hat to follow the instruction given to you by email.

I did click "I forgot my password" and waited for the email, but that did not came. So i started thinking about why that was...and then it hit me. My Internet provider fused with other Internet companies and became a new Internet company, and as such our email addresses changed as well. I think that i some how forgot to change the email address in my profile on the beth forums and as such their email could not reach me, since that email address no longer exists. ;-((

I am not blaming Bethesda, this is my fault completely. When i tried login in there was a chance to contact the website administrator and i did send this person a email on Friday. In that email i asked that if i provided my Beth forum user name...old password and my old email plus new email address i could get an email that would explain how i could go on with the account that i have been using till now.

But so far i have not gotten any email back from them. I do not know on what days Bethesda's office's are open and there is the time difference between the Netherlands and the US off course. But should i not have gotten an email by now? I certainly hope that i do get one fast because i do not wish to start a new account on the Bethesda forums. I realize it is just post counts and such but it would be sad having to lose what i reached in those 4 years with my account? (At least that is how i look at it. )

What should i do in this case?
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

The Official forums have been hacked again. A lot of people are having the same problem you are and have sent multiple emails and tried to change their passwords. There's a thread about it here on Tesnexus, but I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be a solution at the moment.
http://www.tesnexus.com/news/index.php?id=868

I haven't tried to reset my password there yet, but I imagine it will have the same result. I'll wait until things seem to settle down. Hopefully.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Hmm must have been more serious then last time some one tried that, since they deleted every ones password. But they where quick to react i think so that is good. I do not care that the avatars are gone for the moment, it is mentioned that those will return. I will wait another day or so, if by then the Bethesda Website administrator(s) did not contact me, then i will do what i do not like doing and start with a new account.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

That was unexpected but very great, it was just that i did not expect them to contact me on a Sunday evening. But Bethesda contacted me and after 3 to 5 emails later i was in control of my Bethesda account. Changed the password they gave right away after logging in, and i changed my email so this awkward situation with the email address should not happen anymore. :)