Legendairy blades idea

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Lady wrote: Very nice swords :D One thing thats always bugged me, why is there no legendary sword of Tiber Septim? He had a sword didn't he? Since he conquered all of Tamriel I think it would be a pretty powerful weapon...
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

where is that post? I have no member named Lady on the forum here...

but nice idea for a thread..I welcome the suggestions.

as for Tiber Septim sword..well why not?..I will make one when the time come. The legendary blades I did so far are special cases, or just things I wanted to do right away. Much more will be made.

Legendary Blades is the part of RealSwords where the swords are magical and highly powerful. They will not be enchanted, so you will be able to enchant them yourself on top of the bonus the blades will give you. but these bonus will be a more high than regular race bonus, and they will have something else as well.. and of course theses bonus stay there for what race made the said blade only.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

It's from the Teseyecandy forum. I saw it and thought well it's a good idea why not telling Waalx. I'll post other ideas I'll have and find here as well.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Balchu
Steady Sworduser

This legendary blades are going to be to buy or to get them you have to do a quest?
Because it doesn't sound right that the sword of Tiber Septim is available for everybody in a shop, don't you think?
Waalx
Forum Master

some will be owned by very important people in Cyrodil, and others will be hidden through the world.

for Tiber Septim the logical choice would be to put it with his armor in the game.

I'm not yet there though. :)
Donny
Steady Sworduser

Nerevarines sword trueflame from morrowind could be nice addion to legendary swords.
You had to do a quest to find all the missing parts for the blade and rebuild&enchant it in Tribunal expansion.

http://morrowind.bonusweb.cz/obrazek/zbrt_nerevar.gif
Unenchanted

&

http://www.gamebanshee.com/screenshots/ ... sireau.jpg
Enchanted

&

http://members.shaw.ca/rado907/arts/wea ... eflame.jpg
stats

EDIT:
Also while Im at it, the Tribunal also had Hopesfire. Im not going to spoil how you'd get it if you still havent played but yet, you'd get it after the MQ of Tribunal.
http://morrowind.gumininjahq.hu/morropi ... esfire.jpg
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Trueflame is on Akavir in OBlivions timeline.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Donny
Steady Sworduser

Mormacil wrote:Trueflame is on Akavir in OBlivions timeline.
Really? I havent heard anything about that ingame. Just that Nerevarine has left Vvardenfell and Jiub killed all the cliffracers :grin:

Maybe he dropped it and it was found later and brought to Cyrodiils black market? :-D-)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Hehe, maybe. Well we all know Waalx does not anwser requests ;) But we can hope he makes the things we want.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Donny
Steady Sworduser

Yes, but he did say he'd welcome suqqestions. ;)
Stryc9Fuego
Unsteady Sworduser

Personally, I'd like to see Waalx do a good Luciendar; the few mods I've seen of this sword haven't really fully done it justice.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Luciendar is a bit fantasy/unrealistic. Not Waalx his typical work.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Stryc9Fuego
Unsteady Sworduser

I guess I'm still ground in the typical FRP stereotype of Legendary Weapons being overly ornate with obscene amounts of scrollwork and detail; but you're right, that really wouldn't be a REALsword, would it?

Going with the Tiber Septim idea, it would be interesting seeing weapons made honoring the Divines.
Waalx
Forum Master

it's rare that I will like something that is very ornate.

Few exception in Jody Samson work like the Atleantean, the Sea Ward, the Father Sword...

The carving of the atlantean hilt is marvelous in my taste. but there are very few swords that have etching all over that will please me.

Even for a viking sword I prefer a plain metal good old blade that look sturdy, and not like a sculpture.

As for Fantasy swords... well I hate them all and think they all look like fugly gadgets. but hey thats my taste
Except for most of Jody Samson swords, and a few others like LOTR weapons, and some other smith like Rick Barret or John D. Lundemo and a couple others.....who understand how to design a weapon that is beautiful as well as functional. Most other are smith who will do historical repro only, and then you have the wannabe designers of fantasy swords...the more unreal, gaudy, ridicule and tasteless (and I weight my words..) it can get to, the more 'awesome!' it will become for some people.

Honest. that Luciendar thing, I wouldn't go into battle wielding something like this in real, and in a video game if I see something like this, well..it end up with me doing RealSwords. :)

But hey that's my taste. You are entitled to your own taste and all, and I respect that, but these kind of swords are the exact thing I will never do. sorry about that. actually it's a good example to show something I will never even consider as a request. At most ..huh...I will have a good laugh here.. hehe :grin:

just my point of view...I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling with this :) I hope no one get mad because of what I say here, but it's an example of what I would answer to refuse a request. Not something I want to write often, as I know that its a personal thing I express, and everyone is different..

visit the links I posted here and you will see many swords that inspired the blades of RealSwords, in pages like these you can guess at one and maybe it is one I have in mind....or that is done here and not yet shown...who know?
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I'm a particular fan of the swords the elves use in LoTR, when they are doing the original battle against Sauron. The way those swords were swung was magnificent, it was like a wave of blades striking the Orcs.

Edit: I just looked at your link to Odin Blades, and I have to say that the Comados looks like something I'd expect Uriel Septim to be using, elegant yet functional, worthy of a man who has been emperor for over 60 years.
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
Domriso
Fumbling Sworduser

For the most part I've begun to dislike the whole 'fantasy swords' thing. Most of them look interesting, but I'd only ever want them to be decorative, something I didn't wield in battle. Having actually used 'fantasy swords' in combat, I've found that they are rather wasteful, and for the most part I dislike them, and that's why Realswords has such an appeal to me.

Now, these legendary swords are suppose to be non-enchanted powerful weapons, correct? Weapons that just have extraordinary abilities because of their legendary wielder or creator, so wouldn't some of them possibly look as plain as anything? I don't have any specific ideas, but it seems to me like at least some of the Legendary Swords would have a Holy Grail complex, where they look about as ugly or weak, or whatnot as possible, yet hold great power.
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Like the great Shogun of feudal Japan, who rode into battle with nothing but a wooden Boken, and was said to take out many warriors with his skill alone?
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
Waalx
Forum Master

Domriso wrote:
Now, these legendary swords are suppose to be non-enchanted powerful weapons, correct? Weapons that just have extraordinary abilities because of their legendary wielder or creator, so wouldn't some of them possibly look as plain as anything? I don't have any specific ideas, but it seems to me like at least some of the Legendary Swords would have a Holy Grail complex, where they look about as ugly or weak, or whatnot as possible, yet hold great power.
well I'm not a fantasy sword lover, so, the more plain and pratical the more I like them usually.

that being said, the legendary blades will have some swords that will be plain looking as well as others that will be more ornate.

tale Moonbrand fro example, except from the scabbard that look a big regal, the sword itself is plain...

some legendary blade will have some enchantment though...not all but some. all of them will have a scripted enchanting/bonus, but some will have a regular enchantment as well on top. Usually I prefer if the enchanting part can be made by the player, but in some case I will encchant the blades with custom spells...

one thing is sure though..Legendary Blade are the swords I permit myself to detail a lot more (polygon wise) than the other ones because they will be unique in the world.

example: this sword is a 5k mesh. usually I will not go over 2k for the sword of RealSwords...yet it's still a plain blade in my opinion.. but it's the Arena legendary blade. Wielded by the Grey Prince.

Stryc9Fuego
Unsteady Sworduser

That... is a very, very nice looking sword model, though it strikes me more "Imperial" than "Orc". Whch, of course, is only fitting since he's the Champion in the Imperial Arena.

As for the comments earlier about the Luciendar sword, of course I take no offense. It is a very unrealistic sword. My comment is just that if you were to make that particular sword, it would be very well done.

With the thought firmly in mind that your idea for the Legendary Swords is to make swords that are exceptionally well done even by RealSwords top-notch quality, but still practical swords that would not get you laughed at... I feel very comfortable.

Again, thank you for he great work so far, and I eagerly await what will come rolling out next.
Waalx
Forum Master

Stryc9Fuego wrote:That... is a very, very nice looking sword model, though it strikes me more "Imperial" than "Orc".
that's right the Cleaver should be imperial made. I was wondering where it came from but that just make sense.

this is an example where the factions will enter in play. As when I will do Factions & Creatures, (of which Gladiator is part of, but only too big a part so it deserve it's own mod) Agronak don't wield an Orc blade because he's a Gladiator and his gears are from the Arena. Race bonus here will make place to faction/guild bonus. that's the idea behind Factions & Creatures. the faction will take over the race.