Public Gallery

Visuals of the swords, illustrations & drawings
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

look nice, you went with cartoon proportions.

What is it for? it look very geometrical, and the NO sign shape in the middle suggest a theme.

nice work
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Yeah it's for a XNA-based game I'm making for a project. The render is the arena you'll fight in. it's a car combat-game :P It's not really a NO sign, more of a steeringwheel ^_^
So the game is all about beating the crap out of eachother with vehicles... Lots of the cool designs and features are scrapped because we lost some manpower along the way, most noticable the 3 other themes for the game. Steampunk, plants(pumpkin carts) and animals (war elephants).

Thanks ^_^
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Loque
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

made some Icons for Oblivion:

Download: Klick
Waalx
Forum Master

nice!

Maybe you can contact Conan Lon on TESNexus, and he could add that to his icon update mod..
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Nice indeed :)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Loque
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I wrote him, but he also needs them in 256 and 512 px...
I got some templates I wanted to use in 256 and I could make some in 512, but I don't know how to arrange them...
I allready had the idea to write "Oblivion" on the lable but it doesn't look very good >_>
The only other idea I got is to put one of the file type icons into the open folder... but that's not this easy...

edit:
what about these ones?
I wanted to make a new PS icon with an oblivion screen on it. But I don't like the last one, because you don't see the "PS", the first one because there's no chance to recognize it as an Oblivion screen. The second one is quite good, because it looks like comparing the two photos, but again no "PS"...
(I know that they're not "clean" )
Loque
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Made some new Icons

Download: Klick
Nexorcist
Fumbling Sworduser

I was inspired by the Conan weapons you have made, to create a very small corner of Oblivion to store them. Its still very much a wip but I thought I would try and get some feedback.

Its larger than the actual tomb in the movie, I tried to keep it to the same scale but it felt cramped so I used a bit of artistic license. I really should do a bit of a reskin on the cave its sitting in so I can use a sandstone base texture, as it is I just tossed together something that would make do for now. I'm new to Oblivion modding and this is my first attempt at getting something in game so any feedback is much appreciated.

Nex.
quinlan
Fumbling Sworduser

great work Nexorcist

where are you going to use them?

are you going to release them as a modders resource ?
Waalx
Forum Master

Nexorcist wrote:I was inspired by the Conan weapons you have made, to create a very small corner of Oblivion to store them. Its still very much a wip but I thought I would try and get some feedback.

Its larger than the actual tomb in the movie, I tried to keep it to the same scale but it felt cramped so I used a bit of artistic license. I really should do a bit of a reskin on the cave its sitting in so I can use a sandstone base texture, as it is I just tossed together something that would make do for now. I'm new to Oblivion modding and this is my first attempt at getting something in game so any feedback is much appreciated.

Nex.
interesting stuff.

I don't know where you are with your models if they're final or not. In case they are final, here are some pointers in case you don't know that already... :-o

When you model in 3d, always bevel you edges, or almost always. Depending on the software different beveling techniques are available, but it's all the same in the end (some will preserve the UV while beveling, some will F the UV). Or you can do it by hand too.
Each angle in your architecture shouldn't be 90 degree as they appear to be now. The subject here is old rock, it should not be angular like this. Round it up a little. It will soften the view, and your scene will instantly look a lot more realistic. Be careful when you bevel your edges to think how the volume is made. Don't over do it, but bon't under do it either. A bevel too fine would look too sharp on a massive subject.

You should also consider adding vertex colors, (shades of dark grey here) to your model(s), to simulate light and dark areas. If you lack resolution, a few cuts in your mesh will help you apply the vertex colors where you want them, although the alcoves form must have a good roundness already.. This is a required step if you want your mesh to have more depth in-game.

:)
Nexorcist
Fumbling Sworduser

Thank you, I've not been modeling that long so any advice is much appreciated.
dragosani196
Fumbling Sworduser

Hello guys. I want to show you a axe i buy on monday. Maybe it could be a inspire for a new Ingamemodel.

Sorry for my bad english.
If it bleeds we can kill it!
Necroscope
Fumbling Sworduser

I was inspired by the Conan weapons you have made, to create a very small corner of Oblivion to store them. Its still very much a wip but I thought I would try and get some feedback.
"Crom..."

May favourite part of the movie, I always feel shivers when watching this scene.