Public Gallery

Visuals of the swords, illustrations & drawings
Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Hey guys, I just drew up this
Its just a dagger I saw on NCIS. Looks cool, so I tired drawing it. The important part is the blade, the rest is just interpretation. I like to imagine that circle cut out of the blade could be used for, interogation (put someones finger through it, then put the dagger in the sheathe). Theres also the black hand etched intothe base of the blade.
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Just a retex of the DragonClawCleaver. Got some time this week so I think I can finish the Orc module by the end of the week, Alex. After that I pack them all up and upload it somewhere. :-)

Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

StarX

for the orc module...my friend, have you read the gallery thread while you was away? I am working on something new about this..

your work is not lost though! but will need adjustment to fit the way I do them now.. yet I'm only half there with this. I'm now convinced that I need to create a completely new shader, but I just don't know how. Tried to message a guy on Beth forum about it, he posted Timeslip Shader exporter or something, but he never answered me at all..

So..here is what you could do to make this part work. find Timeslip and ask him about new shader creation (I wasn't able to find his contact). we need a new shader specifically for metal. I don't know if this can be done without the use of OBSE, but I sure hope we don't need it.

with only one new shader geared for metal we can adjust it to recreate different metals like steel, copper, bronze, gold and silver.

Right now I use the window reflection shader for the effect to work, with a new reflection map (HDRI). (It doesn't look like glass now in interior cells), yet,while this work, it still not FOR metal..but another emulation. I want the real thing :)

about your retexture...

well you know you are on my team and you could have access to my original textures. If you ask. for me here, the blade is interesting, although the form of it is lost. I don't like the tsuka (the grip). look low res.

here's what it should look like with a good tsuka texture.. and a little editing of the grip uv's. Because you know you HAVE to learn how to edit UV don't you? if you texture, you cannot do it without reworking the uvs to fit your needs. Learning how to UV map will not take you long, but your work will be greatly enhanced and easier at the same time.

Softimage have put out a version of XSI that is COMPLETELY FREE! its not a full version however it doesn't have Mental Ray renderer included. Yet it's like having a free copy of XSI for any modeling, texturing and animation as well. XSI is what a pro will usually prefer when he have the choice and the time to try it, Max, maya users, when they really get into XSI there's no coming back.... The software's called Mod Tool and you can get it here.
http://www.softimage.com/products/modtool/inside.aspx

it's a 500 mb download but their server is blazing fast. and you won't regret it I assure you!

It's so powerful that you can create a whole new game with this & microsoft free game creation platform(Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express—a powerful framework for creating video games for the PC and Xbox 360 platforms), and all this for free with one of the best software on the planet! Xsi Advanced retail for 7K USD, you can get the Essential at 2K and Foundation version of it for 500$ USD. Mod Tool is XSI for FREE (for any non-commercial work)!!!!
Awesome! Unheard of! Flabbergasting! Mental! :cheese:

of course you could learn UV mapping in Blender too. if you like pain... :P

tell me if you want the original texture with this tsuka texture I just made...and I'll let you work on the UV of the grip so you can make it fit...

having ModTool installed, I could swap some of my XSI original model files with ye, if you are interested
Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Hey, I just edited my peruvian dagger drawing.
The handle is a more realistic size now. And the pomel has a purpose. In times of need you could grab the dagger with your hand at the bottom, having two fingers holding it fast. Then the length of your arm is increased, and you can get more momentum behind it.
Waalx
Forum Master

ah but of course I don't mind..but as I said what I will send you is the texture in layers. (with that new tsuka part). not the model with adjusted uv :P

for me adjusting the uvs took 2 minutes. because:

a) it's my own model

b) it's already unwrapped, so I just had to move things around a bit and resize it to fit the tsuka shot.

for you depending on how big your 3D knowledge is it can take you from an hour to a week to understand... (a week if you're slower than slow) :D

And since you asked me for it, I made 2 different version that you can achieve by hiding/unhiding a couple of layers. the texture is better than the original that was in the module. I added some new effects I do now that are not in previous releases....

as you can notice, these here are different from the example I gave you earlier. because I used the black katana tsuka for it, and I don't want the repetition so I erased the rayskin and made you a more unique one compared to what I previously did. the one with the wood handle and the black leather is my fave between these two. The one with the steel tsuka and brown leather I made because I think that is close to your initial intention. yet the one in wood is closer to the one in the module and if you give the other orcs ordinary dragonclaw, this black and wood one would do a better job than the steel one. (I think).

yet here something that could be cool for this particular one is to make it one handed.
Waalx
Forum Master

Sypron wrote:Hey, I just edited my peruvian dagger drawing.

now you just need to download ModTool and start modeling it.

An long road ahead o' ye, but an fun one...aye lad.
Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

My first ModTool moddel!
I don't even know how to render it or turn of the grid! Yay!
Waalx
Forum Master

hehe nice first try

there'z a limitation in Mod tool that difference it from the real version of XSI. you can't render with it. it's for modding, modeling texturing and animation. not for making pictures. But for modding you don't need a renderer. To turn off the grip in any views in XSI just hit the 'g' on your keyboard. Also use the 's' key for any camera moves s + one of the 3 mouse buttons to achive pan, zoom, and rotation.

On a side note, I'd appreciate if you can post your own images in a different thread on this forum. This thread here, is supposed to be about my own progress with RealSwords.. ye know? It's not supposed to be a public gallery where anyone can post their own stuff..it's just my crap.

for the gladiators.. My initial idea was to give the yellow team a bronze armor, and the blue team a steel one.

yesterday I rebuilt these two armors so the two team would get a different armor, not only the same one with a different hue. I think the use of original armor pieces is great. Something that really could happen. here I like the steel one better, the dwemer is too intricate compared to it.
Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Torus + Cylinder + Google Image Search =
Donny
Steady Sworduser

Once I messed around with 3DS Max to make something. Here's one finished unfinished and unreleased thing I made half year back. I didnt figure out how to make collison box around it. After that I learned how I should/could've done it and how I could improve it, but still to this day I havent finished it.

Thouse of you who have played Morrowind should find this to bring some memories.

Also something I did before I knew anything about modelling to games. Couldnt find my concept art for it... yet another unfinished one. :-o

It's called skullsaw and it was suppose to kick some ass in Oblivion, but couldnt make it there.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I like the box :) Though the texture should a bit more grey to fit in.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Donny
Steady Sworduser

Mormacil wrote:I like the box :) Though the texture should a bit more grey to fit in.
Heave some mercy, it was my first texture for model which I started from start to finish. :grin:
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I thought so, it's not bad, but it would just make it better :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tlo1048
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

lol.
Your sword is a bit....whack....no offense.
It isnt in a good position. Didn't you post that sword in Silgrad?
I thought you were going to remake it.

Yeah, that box does bring back memories. Reminds me of the vaults I raided in the Vivec cantons. :-D-)
Donny
Steady Sworduser

Yep. Posted it there. That's like one of my first models and I didnt know jacks shit about anything. I had the smooth thingy on which always added +3000 polygons to the model.
Tlo1048
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

:D
Yeah, 300 PGs can be problematic.... :grin:
Donny
Steady Sworduser

3000 that is... :D
Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Just bought this at the markets. Looks dumneri to me. Very short dagger, reletively strait too.
Excuse the quality, crap camera.
Waalx
Forum Master

cool

but the Dunmer already have a black tanto.

and the other dagger isn't going to be another black tanto ;)

I know what I will do for the rest of Dunmer.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

If anyone is intrested what I've been up to so far. A render of my crappy 3D airship-thing I need to make for an assigment. Whole thing is untextured ;)

I need to make a vehicle that can ride, fly and sail. I can only use 5000 polies. I still misses tons of details and I got around 3600 polies so far.

edit: that green thing is a 2 meter scalemodel :P

co-leader TES4 Valenwood