Total votes: 49
limedee
Fumbling Sworduser

I preferr Oblivion or Shivering Isle's :???: :P
1 shot 1 kill no luck just skill!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Tough one between Morrowind and Shivering Isles.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tracinya
Reader

I actually prefer Morrowind (with some graphic-enhancing mods). Vvardenfell feels a lot bigger than Cyrodiil. In Cyrodiil I had visited all the major cities in less than an hour due to the incredibly boring quick-travel system, and the fact the PC never gets tired but just runs, or even better rides from Anvil to Leyawiin in less than a day. Not to mention Vivec compared to the IC.
ramunc
Unsteady Sworduser

I must say Oblivion, but that's all due to the gamplay aspect, in terms of feeling Morrowind owns by far.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

The beautiful art direction of Morrowind was lost in an Oblivion gate. They closed the gate and couldn't get back!

I don't know what happened between the two and if it's just a - Let's ride the Lord of The rings 'train' of success..

anyway. Morrowind was much more original as an environment. Scale is also a big factor...Cyrodiil appear big the first few hours of gameplay, afterward it's evident that it's a much smaller world.
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Tracinya wrote:I actually prefer Morrowind (with some graphic-enhancing mods). Vvardenfell feels a lot bigger than Cyrodiil. In Cyrodiil I had visited all the major cities in less than an hour due to the incredibly boring quick-travel system, and the fact the PC never gets tired but just runs, or even better rides from Anvil to Leyawiin in less than a day. Not to mention Vivec compared to the IC.
There was a sign. with something for this in the Beth's forums : 98% of Oblivion players think that Fast travel kills immersion, past this into your sign. if you're part of the 2% that realise it's optional :P I'm in the 2%.

Also, for the scale, i never played Morrowind, but i have to say that it's just because you were moving so slowly (that's what i heard at least)

And for the fast running and no-tired thing, i'm also in the 2% that realise it's optional XD :D Take the time to enjoy the beast, admire and breath it like you are there. ;)
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
stupidhobo12345
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

wow im surprised at the number of people who prefered oblivion over morrowind. it just seems like they removed everything that made morrowind good, it was even good without mods. and werewolves in bloodmoon were just fantastic :D
starduks
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

stupidhobo12345 wrote:wow im surprised at the number of people who prefered oblivion over morrowind. it just seems like they removed everything that made morrowind good, it was even good without mods. and werewolves in bloodmoon were just fantastic :D
i loved the story in tribunal. wicked ending
yes my avatar is toolio
Vocha
Chronicler

I gotta' go with SI. I just liked it darn much.
Dazu
Steady Sworduser

Artistically, I prefer Morrowind and the Shivering Isles over Oblivion, even with all the Unique Landscapes loaded. As far as gameplay goes, I prefer Oblivion. It's more dynamic than the dice roll of Morrowind, and Deadly Reflex and Unnecessary Violence are just too good :)
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Tracinya
Reader

Conker343qc wrote:
Tracinya wrote:I actually prefer Morrowind (with some graphic-enhancing mods). Vvardenfell feels a lot bigger than Cyrodiil. In Cyrodiil I had visited all the major cities in less than an hour due to the incredibly boring quick-travel system, and the fact the PC never gets tired but just runs, or even better rides from Anvil to Leyawiin in less than a day. Not to mention Vivec compared to the IC.
There was a sign. with something for this in the Beth's forums : 98% of Oblivion players think that Fast travel kills immersion, past this into your sign. if you're part of the 2% that realise it's optional :P I'm in the 2%.

Also, for the scale, i never played Morrowind, but i have to say that it's just because you were moving so slowly (that's what i heard at least)

And for the fast running and no-tired thing, i'm also in the 2% that realise it's optional XD :D Take the time to enjoy the beast, admire and breath it like you are there. ;)
Obviously the fast-travel is optional. But I'm one of these really curious and inpatient people - if there is a way to see everything at once I'm going to use it - and regret it later. In Morrowind I couldn't see everything at once no matter what I did, and that's a good thing. In Oblivion... well, even without fast-travel the Black Horses of Cheydinhal are almost as bad.

You heard right, you are slower in Morrowind, and personally I think that's a rather clever way to make the world appear bigger. And another thing that makes Morrowind seem bigger - I realized it when I downloaded MGE the other day - without distant land it also seems smaller. But when it gets right down to it it's the feeling that counts, not how it "really is". Besides, Morrowind is bigger. Really. How long can you stay in for example Cheydinhal without getting bored? You can't even stay in the IC for more than a few days before getting bored. Believe me, I've tried. This is not saying that I dislike Oblivion. I just love Morrowind. And Oblivion. And the Shivering Isles. But if I have to choose I'll choose Morrowind.
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light
Raven1337
Steady Sworduser

Morrowind.

It was just... perfect.
Morrowind is most likely the best game I ever played.

Yes, Oblivion looks pretty. Yes, the combat can be more immersive.
But in the end...

It lacks the original setting. It lacks the lore. It lacks the long books. It lacks the guilds. It lacks the story. It lacks all the things that made Morrowind so unbelievable great.

Oblivion is not bad, it's a great game. But Morrowind was more epic and immersive in every category.

Oblivion went casual.

Morrowind didn't.
Tracinya
Reader

I couldn't agree more. The way the main quest in Morrowind was built - that the first thing you were told was "go out and explore" - was actually genious in a role-playing point of view. Oblivion though... everyone kept saying do this now. I wouldn't have argued if I had really been there, and that ruins immersion.
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light