Would really like to try this mod...

Visuals of the swords, illustrations & drawings
Inajira
Fumbling Sworduser

Hi Waalx and friends,

I have been browsing this forum for a few hours since I registered and I must say I am VERY impressed with the Creatures mod, those beasties look terrific and I would love to give this a spin. I was hoping to get hold of just a readme or something before attempting to download since I'd like to know what I'm up against. Reason being that I am already running FCOM and have about 200 mods in total running, so I'm specifically keen to find out if WAC can run on top of all this, or if there are any serious conflicts.

If that info is somewhere around here, then my apologies I missed it, but I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

P.S. I am only familiar with Waalx great realswords mods so far, and they are fantastic!
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

It's not recommended to use WAC alongside FCOM. The leveled list conflicts are just to big and will cause strange things. It's better to make a new char for WAC and use Wrye Bash's profiles to toggle between the FCOM set up and the WAC set up, depending on the character you're playing.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Inajira wrote:Hi Waalx and friends,

I was hoping to get hold of just a readme or something before attempting to download since I'd like to know what I'm up against.
the current WAC Read-me is in the first post of the WAC topic up there.

viewtopic.php?t=249&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

as for FCOM, it's not mine to support, and WAC is not ready. Read the WAC topic starting around page 86, for more talk about WAC and FCOM.

viewtopic.php?t=249&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1275
Inajira
Fumbling Sworduser

It's not recommended to use WAC alongside FCOM. The leveled list conflicts are just to big and will cause strange things. It's better to make a new char for WAC and use Wrye Bash's profiles to toggle between the FCOM set up and the WAC set up, depending on the character you're playing.
I was afraid you'd say that ;) Okay well I am very familiar with Wrye Bash so I'll do it that way. FCOM is a super mod and I'm sure WAC will be as well.
as for FCOM, it's not mine to support, and WAC is not ready. Read the WAC topic starting around page 86, for more talk about WAC and FCOM.
Thanks Waalx, I will check out the links. What do you mean by its not yours to support? I thought you created it. In any case no worries, just curious.

EDIT: Oh I see you're talking about FCOM ;)

EDIT AGAIN: Okay well I read the bit about FCOM, wow a few touchy opinions there. I think I'll "live in polygamy" as someone put it and try either the one or the other with different characters. To throw in my 2c, bashing any mods/overhauls is wrong, though (I started to get rather annoyed at the FCOM-bashing); I for one hope they will be integrated in future but if its not to be, c'est la vie.

Oh and I like so much that WAC appears to add so may African animals to the Oblivion experience, since I'm South African (and no, we don't have lions roaming the streets, we put them in reserves - duh!). You even have gemsbok and hyenas, thats just wicked :D
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Welcome and have fun :) Hope WAC won't let you down.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood