Gallery

Visuals of the swords, illustrations & drawings
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

The elite guard of Constantinople were Vikings as well. Fearless warriors by reputation.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tracinya
Reader

I am well aware of many of the Viking's accomplishments, and by primitive... I totally agree with SangRahl. To me the grass-roofs are not a sign of being primitive or bad builders or anything like it. I am fascinated by a lot of old things and when it comes to Vikings the Mythology is my primary focus, and thus the houses are just a sort of playground. Just like we don't take the time or effort to explain that our houses are made of bricks the mythology doesn't explain exacly how they built their houses. They're just there.

What I really dislike is that people are sometimes very prejudiced against Vikings, or think that they were all about ships, swords and plundering, or that they were infidel barbarians. Of course they weren't. I don't know how much mythology you know, but it is worth knowing. It's fascinating in a way similar to the Greek Mythology and Elder Scrolls universe: the gods really exist, no one doubts that - and from time to time they come down to the earth and do things. In difference from some stories that are about faith - do the gods really exist, and so on. I'm not very interested in that.
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

One of their greatest feats: They were the firs to produce pottery and spoons etc in mass production. That's right ages before the Industrial Revolution. In York IIRC.

Anyway they did start out as brutal raiders. But as time went on they adopted trading and slowly were absorbed in the native population of the conquered nations.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tracinya
Reader

Still, it must have been pretty grim at the beginning of the Medieval ages. I don't think the foreign priests sent up north were too happy about it.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Tracinya wrote:Still, it must have been pretty grim at the beginning of the Medieval ages. I don't think the foreign priests sent up north were too happy about it.
I'm not sure the vikings (or anyone else for that matter) where too happy to see the priests either... ;)
Tracinya
Reader

Depends on when exactly we're speaking. The first priests were probably just seen as lunatics. Then, a hundred years later christianity had pretty much settled, and the church was as powerful as anywhere (sort of).

Anyway, how did this all start? Weren't we supposed to discuss WAC or Realswords or something?
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Nope it's a thread to show pretty pictures made by Waalx :P

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tracinya
Reader

By the way, remember those nasty horror-inpiring cages with decomposed bodies in them Waalx showed us some time ago? Vikings used to sacrifice things, animals and people to their gods. Just a thought. Maybe he could add some of those horror-thingies, or something similar, to the countryside around Bruma for example.
Waalx
Forum Master

Tracinya wrote:By the way, remember those nasty horror-inpiring cages with decomposed bodies in them Waalx showed us some time ago? Vikings used to sacrifice things, animals and people to their gods. Just a thought. Maybe he could add some of those horror-thingies, or something similar, to the countryside around Bruma for example.
WAC torture stuff is in WAC. I didn't place much of it in the North though, as most are gibets cages or handed people, and that's not exactly practical for frosty land.

Those types of torture (cages) where meant to have the victim endure before he/she die. If placed in the cold and snow, the victim would die too fast of hypothermia, and would probably get stuck frozen solid in that cage till the next summer... not good.
Sethsryt
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Nice swords, I know I am late with this reply to the Nord swords release. But I have been away from Oblivion for a while, waiting for good mods to be released. This one is one of the mods that pulled me back to Oblivion. :-D-)

The warp sword looks a lot like a Gaulish sword with an anthropomorphic hilt shape. Kind of a stylized version of the body. Looks great, when my computer is up in good fashion again, right now it is just moving some files from one harddisk to the next for more space, I am going to play it with my favourite drunk female Nord character.

Can't wait to play again, especially with all the mods about to be released and those being released.

Keep up the good work. :)
Tracinya
Reader

Yes, I didn't necessarily mean the cage, it was just the first example that came to my mind. But there is a certain "charm" to a dead and perfectly preserved frosty body, don't you think? (The vikings sacrificed people during the summer, but there doesn't seem to exist such a thing as "seasons" in Oblivion)
Waalx
Forum Master

Tracinya wrote:But there is a certain "charm" to a dead and perfectly preserved frosty body, don't you think?
:shock: Are you ... a girl? Charmed by dead cold bodies?!

Seriously though... the idea of making a frosted body encased in an icicle is interesting though.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Nords used it in Solstheim ;)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

yeah that's one of WAC undisclosed goodies ;)
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Heya, sorry for the absence, but my internet was down for two weeks, with ATT having their thumbs up their arses... anywho, great stuff, still looking for a copy of SI (can't find it in stores, go figure) I want to test this stuff soooo bad.
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
Waalx
Forum Master

buy this instead, it will amount to almost the same price unless if for you 5$ is a lot of money). And you get Knight of the Nines with it, and it's an already patched edition so you install and you're free to go..
http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV- ... 317&sr=8-2
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

SWEET, thanks Alex
Edit: We need a page dedicated to just pics of your stuff, a no post thing with just pics.
Tracinya
Reader

Waalx wrote:
Tracinya wrote:But there is a certain "charm" to a dead and perfectly preserved frosty body, don't you think?
:shock: Are you ... a girl? Charmed by dead cold bodies?!

Seriously though... the idea of making a frosted body encased in an icicle is interesting though.
:grin: I'm not your average girl. Charmed by the cold steel of a sword? Crazy about computer games? Seriously, what did you expect? I've been crazy about swords, knights and mortal injuries caused by both since I was about three years old.

On the "serious" note... yes, definitely an interesting thought. Imagine that the bodies were put there in the non-portrayed Bruma summer, and are still there during the winter because nobody could be bothered to remove them? That was my thought, anyway.
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

ok, picked up a copy of Ob, GotY edition, instilling now ^^ so many mods to replace...