WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

It could be a skeleton issue with the big cats. The latest version of WAC introduced new skeletons for some of the cats, but they are only specific to WAC lions, panthers, cougars etc, as they have different meshes to accommodate the added animations, and shouldn't affect any other mod. Having said that though when you mix so many overhauls and/or mods that add creatures there is the possibility of issues. It's just a matter of finding what's causing it which sometimes isn't easy.

I was using OOO with WAC and Elsweryr with one character and never came across this issue. Perhaps if you investigate the possibility of an incompatible creature skeleton it might solve the problem.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

anybody knows what the WAC - Horses.esp file does exactly?

does it add stuff, or just change the horses graphics?

since I'm already using MMM slofs horses, if the answer is "changes horse graphics" it would conflict and it would make no sense to use both so I'd skip this... otoh if it adds some sweet new horses to the world like Yakul it's a keeper ;)

thanx in advance!
Maigrets
Admin

Yes, it adds the new meshes and textures for horses and the mounts like Yakul and other deer and elk mounts. As far as I know that's all this esp does. There were plans to add to it but that's probably not going to happen now.

Everything else like leveled lists etc for horses is handled in the WAC Overspawn esp.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I do love Yakul!

oh and that striped brownish zebra... man I loved that mount, I was sad when it got killed..

ok then, I'll try it and hopefully it doesn't conflict with MMM slof's horsies :)
Numan
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1975

Friends, that there is news of the final version of WAC :o
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

afaik Waalx is on a trip around and he's having a hard time finding a decent enough connection to upload the ginormous file :)
basuras
Unsteady Sworduser

New computer, new install of oblivion, and automatically new install of WAC. May this mod never die, no matter how long the wait for final release. It is quite simply a masterpiece, even in it's incomplete phase.
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I think. Dead Knights are What am I doing in possession of the book of the Empire Why? :think:
How will they like reading?

If so, I think a lot of books you want to present them more.

Is this something like a trigger or Calipers of Fran?
The Black Ninja
Fumbling Sworduser

Been a while and I'm glad to see some posts here... I recently switched from FCOM back to just WAC Frans OOO and also TIE. Almost no problems now, a little less lag than with MMM. I'm really starting to think this is the best mod made for Oblivion, even compared to MMM. It's simpler than MMM by editing spawn points instead of adding them, in doing so it makes Cyrodiil a whole new world and is not as laggy. I cannot believe this mod is beta, because it works so well, especially with OOO. I guess MMM and WAC are incompatible, they must edit the same spawn points. Hence why I had problems with cats. Wouldn't advise using them together...
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

that doesn't seem like a good setup. TIE is not compatible with any of those, and I'm pretty sure Frans+OOO REQUIRES FCOM.

WAC adds a whole lot of spawn points via WAC.esp, even more so than MMM more wilderness life does, especially if you consider the added camps.

in the "getting WAC to work with overhauls" thread you'll find a patch for WAC - Overspawn and other overhauls, you could also ask anohosikara for the complete patch package with TCOS ( the link has been removed after waalx's request that it shouldn't be public since WAC is still beta, but I'm using it and it works very, very well )

for the record I'm running FCOM + WAC thanks to anohosikara's work and it's brilliant. the one thing that really made it work like a charm was renaming WAC.bsa to DLCShiveringIsles - WAC.bsa ( so the meshes/textures/sounds get loaded properly ) and NOT using WAC.esp, that way I can use MMM more wilderness life no gates instead ( less spawns -> stabler game ) AND I don't have any conflicts between the added camps and other locations added by mods ( like the one where Kragenir's Death Quest dwarven house is, or one of the Shezrie's Towns villages )
The Black Ninja
Fumbling Sworduser

Thanks for the info... and yeah it turns out I get CTDs every 5 minutes and shortbows are missing meshes, among other little bugs. I forgot which overhauls worked with which, was a long time ago that I installed FCOM. I don't want that many overhauls though, just OOO+WAC but I wanted Frans for the leveling - idk if WAC or OOO edit the NPC levels to make them not like vanilla. I was using TIE because it does something brilliant in shops, when you go behind the counter a hired guard will warn you and if you go behind it again he'll arrest you. So far I haven't noticed too many problems with TIE other than a naked city guard in Anvil lol. I'll try uninstalling TIE and Frans, but I still don't want FCOM and I just don't want the horrid vanilla NPC level scaling. >.< Well I uninstalled TIE and Frans and the bugs and crashes are gone but now I CTD every time I reload a save... no clue why that's happening.
basuras
Unsteady Sworduser

CTD on reloaded saves usually means missing masters, plugins data or mod. You could try saving in safe area, like vanilla basement, with no other npcs around. Quit game and load from that new save. Also don't know if you use wyre bash, but hopefully you followed the steps recommended when removing and adding mods. The best way after doing all that mod shuffling, is just start new game.
Spiffyman
Fumbling Sworduser

Gekko64 wrote:that doesn't seem like a good setup. TIE is not compatible with any of those, and I'm pretty sure Frans+OOO REQUIRES FCOM.
For the record, TIE is compatible with Frans. TIE includes some patch for it. I was actually planning on trying Frans+TIE with WAC soon, though I'm looking for all the WAC fixes and such which is taking a while. They are kind of all over the place...
Maigrets
Admin

Spiffyman wrote:
Gekko64 wrote:that doesn't seem like a good setup. TIE is not compatible with any of those, and I'm pretty sure Frans+OOO REQUIRES FCOM.
For the record, TIE is compatible with Frans. TIE includes some patch for it. I was actually planning on trying Frans+TIE with WAC soon, though I'm looking for all the WAC fixes and such which is taking a while. They are kind of all over the place...
If you mean in this thread perhaps looking here might get you what you need. :) or not, depending on if anyone has posted a TIE setup. The topic was created to stop the constant off topic in this, the main WAC thread and especially for using it with other overhauls.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=531
Spiffyman
Fumbling Sworduser

I am finally getting to the point that I can start installing my gameplay mods (I have been testing my game with graphics mods to determine best performance for looks up until now). Anyway, I noticed there are A LOT of esps so I came here to see what each did. One esp that i didn't see an explanation for is the Companions one. Obviously, it adds companions, but beyond that I'm not sure. Does it add WAC pets that follow me or are they NPCs. Are these companions given backgrounds or are they fairly generic? Are there a lot of them or few? And are they mortal (which I'd prefer so that I don't take them for granted).

I'm looking forward to playing with this mod!
Maigrets
Admin

The companion esp wasn't finished, but it adds a companion Knight called Stern who can be found in the IC Market place. He has his own unique armour and only has basic commands for follow and stay.

He was meant to be based on Sturm Brightblade from the Dragonlance novels, but was never finished.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dr ... characters
Sturm Brightblade
The son of a Knight of Solamnia, Sturm and his mother were forced to escape from their castle in Solamnia following an uprising. Despite having lost contact with his father, Sturm continued to follow the rules set by the Oath and the Measure, focusing on becoming a Knight of Solamnia. He is killed in action by Kitiara, bearer of his child and his ex-lover, while defending the High Clerist's Tower in Palanthas. During the Age of Mortals it is shown that when viewing "beyond the veil" and into the Astral Plane, he is one of the protectors of the path to Godshome as the Paragon of Discipline.
I was going to do some work on it myself at one stage as well as add animal companions, but there are so many companion mods already I didn't think it was worth it. Plus, my scripting skills are pretty basic. I did edit some things for my own use, eg his follow and idle distance and a few other things, but I don't know what I did with the esp.

Stern works very well if you just want a tank to fight with you. I don't play Oblivion anymore, but one other thing I remember is his armour will degrade as time goes on and he will end up naked because you can't repair it for him. However, after a certain period of time it will repair itself, but that takes quite awhile.
Tracinya
Reader

I can't seem to download WAC from the link provided. The site appears rather buggy and constantly prevents me from logging in, and claims I don't have permission to download the file. Please help :(
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Tracinya wrote:I can't seem to download WAC from the link provided. The site appears rather buggy and constantly prevents me from logging in, and claims I don't have permission to download the file. Please help :(
You must be registered there before you can download WAC. I realize it may not be what you want but that is how the TESA site works. :sorry:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Tracinya
Reader

Turns out it was just a temporary issue. Installing stuff now :)
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

TES Alliance seem to be down (at least in the last 3 days). It saying I don't have the permission for it (and of course I've registered).

Is there another place where I can download WAC?
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été