1.7 Beta Update Available on Steam.

A place to discuss anything related to The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. No spoilers here please.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Just saw this on the Beth Forums. :o

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/07/23/1-7- ... -on-steam/

Makes me wonder when the next update for the PC version will be forced upon us, hopefully it will take a long time.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Well, I just read the changelog of fixes and none of those apply to me, except maybe the memory fixes and optimizations, but my game is the most stable it's ever been atm, and I would really be annoyed if another patch messed that up.

Plus, this would be the patch getting ready for Dawnguard and I'm not buying it until it's on disc, however long that takes, so I guess I stay Offline on Steam as long as possible. Trouble is that can be a problem when or if people have other Steam games that may need updating like I do, or other reasons to be online with Steam.

I'll be relying on the USKP 'Rock On!' team before an official patch, I'm afraid.
Release notes below:

Update 1.7 (all platforms unless specified

BUG FIXES

General memory and stability optimizations
Fixed crash related to new water shaders
Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)

Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

does not sounds revolutionary...the patch I mean
will Dawnguard ever be on disc?
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Maigrets
Admin

MasterAub wrote:does not sounds revolutionary...the patch I mean
will Dawnguard ever be on disc?
I gather it will be on disc when any other DLC's have been released, and there are supposed to be five, so I read somewhere. Then they'll be included on a Game of the Year Edition where you have to buy the main game all over again. Or maybe they will release a DLC pack like Knights of the Nine for Oblivion, but it probably won't be for a year or so.

I'm not really interested in Dawnguard myself and after reading all the complaints and bug threads on the Official forums I want it even less. There seems to be a serious bug where a DG quest completely breaks the Skyrim MQ and that wasn't in the list of fixes for the 1.7 patch. Not to mention random high level vampire attacks inside towns before you even start the DLC when your character shouldn't know about the DG yet. It seems to be a glitch where some people aren't affected, but others have lost scores of NPC's, including quest givers, as well as having a hard time themselves at low levels. It sounds like the fast travel/dragon spawn phenomenon and would get on my nerves very quickly. Dragons are one thing, but vampires every time you enter a city gate normally or via fast travel seems stupid to me.

I feel sorry for console users who are stuck with these bugs that never get fixed when we PC users have mods.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Maigrets
Admin

Questions being asked and no answers given..as expected. Other modders seem to think the dialogue bug from 1.6 is fixed, but none of the other reported bugs have been, like script errors and save bloat, as mentioned in the linked thread, which is potentially game breaking.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/139809 ... -on-steam/

Xbox users are still wanting to know when the serious quest issues, among other problems, are going to be fixed for Dawnguard. There are a lot of upset Xbox users wondering what's going on as I read their part of the forum.

Some people say Bethesda shouldn't need to communicate with us, but personally I think it's damaging for any company not to at least give a full changelog of patch updates, and for goodness sake an answer as to why bugs that are fixed by modders ie the USKP are not addressed by Bethesda themselves. Particularly the quest bugs and the save bloat issues that the USKP fixes and things that modders can't do themselves. Other people also say we are lucky Bethesda patches at all since many companies, (including Bethesda and their previous titles), abandon their games after this length of time after release. Maybe we are lucky, but the patches have introduced bugs and then they have to patch again to fix those bugs. Adding gimmicks to take the focus away from the problems instead of really fixing things and leaving it up to modders is not my idea of support.

This is giving me a headache. After having said my game is running well I now have corrupt saves again and random freezing the more I do in game and the higher level I reach. When this 1.7 patch comes out of beta we'll all have to go through the tedious task of updating mods and micro managing the game ...again. The modders themselves have to update first and a lot of mods possibly won't be because modders have left the scene or for other reasons.

I really, really don't want to have to start over again, and if I want to play I'll have to as their patches are detrimental to saves on previous versions, unlike games of yesteryear where you could patch and continue. The days of being able to revert patches has long gone as well which is another huge pain in the rear.

My interest is waning very fast and going back to a vanilla game isn't very desirable. :-(
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:going back to a vanilla game isn't very desirable. :-(
My thoughts as well.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Careful people, 1.7 patch is out of Beta apparently.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/139975 ... t-of-beta/
Maigrets
Admin

Thanks for the warning. It must have gone live while I was playing..lol the past few hours. I have seen on the Official forums that the dialogue bug is supposed to be fixed, but since we use the USKP it's not a big deal.
Maigrets
Admin

Actually this patch probably isn't a problem since it's only performance fixes. The reaction seems to be good on the forums, besides the fact they didn't actually fix any bugs. I may have no choice anyway since Steam errored on me when I shut it down and wanted to go online, which I haven't done yet.

Edit: SKSE has updated and the advice from the USKP team is to use version 1.0 with their dialogue fixes.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I must be tyred from work because it seems i just did it again...As you will notice. ;-((

Any way thanks for the heads up on the Patch Maigrets, i guess i will let the patch through then. :) As for USKP...don't you mean v1.05? ( Which i already use. )
Maigrets
Admin

As for USKP...don't you mean v1.05? ( Which i already use.)
In the forum thread for the USKP they are saying to revert back to version 1.0 which had the dialogue edits. The edits were removed in version 1.05 because of the "official" patch. BUT, it might pay to wait because Arthmoor is working on a new version. It might be awhile since he's the only one left on the team.

Using version 1.0 will probably mean getting back the nuclear Nirnroots, but it might be better than no USKP at all.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:In the forum thread for the USKP they are saying to revert back to version 1.0 which had the dialogue edits. The edits were removed in version 1.05 because of the "official" patch. BUT, it might pay to wait because Arthmoor is working on a new version. It might be awhile since he's the only one left on the team.

Using version 1.0 will probably mean getting back the nuclear Nirnroots, but it might be better than no USKP at all.
I guess i will wait a while then, and if it takes to long for the new version i will switch back to v1.0.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Ever since the patch my game has gone crash and freeze happy. :(
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:Ever since the patch my game has gone crash and freeze happy. :(
Did you happen to backup the 1.6 TESV.exe because that's all that was changed this time. I usually forget, but I haven't DL'ed the new patch yet so I did remember this time. I might just stay with 1.6 unless I'm forced to update.

So much for the memory and stability optimizations if it's messed up your game. :-o
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Im on 1.7, i havent noticed much of a performance improvement though. :/
I removed my ground textures because i figured i dont normally stand and stare at the floor so it made sense to free up some v-ram. Might just be my mod list though..
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Not much of improvement for me either...
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Maigrets
Admin

USKP 1.1 is out on Nexus. Requires Patch 1.7.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:USKP 1.1 is out on Nexus. Requires Patch 1.7.
Thanks Maigrets, i was about to restart with Arila ( Don't ask. :) ) so now i can install the new version first. :)
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

i couldnt get uskp to work when i tried it, i kepts getting interiors without floors and missing meshes in dungeons for bridges and such. :/
Maigrets
Admin

It's working for me, thank Talos. My game got updated because Steam had a fit and I had to login to fix it. I'm happy to say it's running well, not that I notice any difference after the patch except maybe a few less CTD's.

I had to also update the Elys Community Uncapper which was fine and USKP and SKSe all work on my current level 65 character....thank goodness.

I haven't bought Dawnguard and don't intend to at present. It's $25 here in Australia...bloody rip off. Plus, all the bug threads don't inspire me much.
couldnt get uskp to work when i tried it, i kepts getting interiors without floors and missing meshes in dungeons for bridges and such.
I was getting a bit of that in the Ragged Flagon and once a wall in Dwemer ruin didn't appear, but that was with 1.6 before I updated everything. Haven't been either of those places since so I will check. The Thieves Guild is a buggy area anyway.