Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Late reply on the release. Thanks! :)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tracinya
Reader

I spent the last two days just scrolling through these pictures. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. I'm in a state of complete shock. In the beginning I disliked some minor details, but they were soon corrected to leave me speechless again. I am not a person who easily gets overly emotional, but after having watched one amazing picture after another I was almost reduced to tears, and I'm not exaggerating. I cannot wait for the release of all these things.

Just as a minor note whenever the gladiator project is picked up again: I always thought the arena had boring outfits. I spent quite some time looking for something to correct it but found nothing of interest. A thing that really annoyed me was that you saw the males underwear. It's just silly. Please correct this stupid mistake. :D

I can try to summarize your work, although I hardly makes it any justice: Who needs Akatosh, Zenithar and the rest when they have Waalx? Absolutely stunning.
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Tracinya wrote:Who needs Akatosh, Zenithar and the rest when they have Waalx?
Well said!
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Tracinya wrote:I spent the last two days just scrolling through these pictures. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. I'm in a state of complete shock. In the beginning I disliked some minor details, but they were soon corrected to leave me speechless again. I am not a person who easily gets overly emotional, but after having watched one amazing picture after another I was almost reduced to tears, and I'm not exaggerating. I cannot wait for the release of all these things.

Just as a minor note whenever the gladiator project is picked up again: I always thought the arena had boring outfits. I spent quite some time looking for something to correct it but found nothing of interest. A thing that really annoyed me was that you saw the males underwear. It's just silly. Please correct this stupid mistake. :D

I can try to summarize your work, although I hardly makes it any justice: Who needs Akatosh, Zenithar and the rest when they have Waalx? Absolutely stunning.
Aw!... so I didn't make you cry? pity... ;)

As I want you to cry, (really)... I added you to the pre-alpha list so you can see moooore stuff. Much more.

As for the gladiator underwear...you are aware that gladiators mostly fought naked or in loincloth? Only a few had armors and stuff, most of them privately owned fighters. The rest where slaves (well they were almost all slaves). So you see, the underwear isn't unrealistic in an arena. It's the norm.

And as a reminder for others who ask themselves (and me?), Pre-Alpha (forum section and files) is open to anyone who ask! You only need to ask.
Tracinya
Reader

Well, you were very close :lol: If it wasn't for the fact that I had to pause for dinner...

I seem to remember you saying that if you had the choice between following lore and doing something fun you'd do fun. I think about the same way regarding the gladiators. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me that much. Just a minor detail.

Yay! More things! If I start to cry I'll let you know. :-P

Keep up the good work.
Raven1337
Steady Sworduser

Amaaazing.

I decided to install Oblivion again, on my new rig, and there are two new sword packs out.

:-D-)

Time for some slash-in.
Realswords still are and always will be the highest quality swords for Oblivion.

Those Dumner swords look very, very promising.
Keep up the excellent work.
MicroHunter
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Can you give me access to the Pre-Alpha Forum? That would be awesome :)

Hi everyone,

I have to existencials questions:

1) I've seen a screenshot of the Subotaï sword. Is this sword available somewhere or was it abandonned and if so why? cause it looked good on screen.
2) I've seen Waalx was working on a dragon for a non-mod project. Did this project ended? And if so can't
/has he bring those meshes and textures and animation to Oblivion. In fact I am working on a mod about a dragon and unfortunately Saiden Storm does not want me to use is akatosh mount mod. So basically I am looking for a nice dragon in order to replace the Akatosh Mount one, hence my question...

May those who have eyes answer...more seriously thanks for any info you could provide me with. :lol:
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

1) It will be part of Realswords Dunmer IIRC

2) I can't tell you. Doubt it's open for use and even more doubt it's rigged correctly.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

MasterAub wrote:Hi everyone,

I have to existencials questions:

1) I've seen a screenshot of the Subotaï sword. Is this sword available somewhere or was it abandonned and if so why? cause it looked good on screen.
2) I've seen Waalx was working on a dragon for a non-mod project. Did this project ended? And if so can't
/has he bring those meashes and textures and animation to Oblivion. In fact I am working on a mod about a dragon and unfortunately Saiden Storm does not want me to use is akatosh mount mod. So basically I am looking for a nice dragon in order to replace the Akatosh Mount one, hence my question...

May those who have eyes answer...more seriously thanks for any info you could provide me with. :lol:
Subotai sword is in WAC already. It's a Dunmer Legendary blade.

The dragon was decommissioned, so I only have the head and it has no textures.

Do you have dragon animations?

If you do, I might consider doing a dragon sooner than when I expect to make one. If no animations, what are you going to do with a mesh?

Hi Alex,

Good news for the subotaï sword

Nope I don't have any dragon animations. But I can take and twik the ones the akatosh Mount is using. The flying script and anims can be adapted And the ground animations as well.

When do you expect to do your dragon? well after WAC obviously. Don't push it forward for me as my skills are far from being up to scratch and if you do a dragon I want it to have the perfect animation as possible. I want it to be the best dragon ever that flys over Cyrodiil. I rather play arround with what you're proposing (and not raise any expectation) than embark in a project I might not be able to fulfill.

Since your the god of all "Cyrodiilian animals", I've always thought it was strange for you not to propose your take on what a Dragon should look like.

In any case good luck...
Waalx
Forum Master

it's the animations that hold me. Same things for birds. I made 3 birds in WAC cause I can only use the imp animation. Otherwise I would have made a dragon, 'n more...

dragons, griffins, and stuff like that are on hold. The first thing I may do for WAC later based on the imp is somekind of small flying lizard. A Wyvern of sort but way smaller. Problem is still the animations.

Waalx wrote:it's the animations that hold me. Same things for birds. I made 3 birds in WAC cause I can only use the imp animation. Otherwise I would have made a dragon, 'n more...

dragons, griffins, and stuff like that are on hold. The first thing I may do for WAC later based on the imp is somekind of small flying lizard. A Wyvern of sort but way smaller. Problem is still the animations.
Ok let me think of this for a while, I'll get back to you when I have solutions to propose...In the meantime you've got plainty on your plate... :lol:
stupidhobo12345
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

i read somewhere that they plan TES V to release in 2010 if so we'll probably see it at e3 next month.
im exited :woot:
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I can't say I'm that excited... Beth isn't the best you know. They excell at sidequests but other then that. The art direction in TES3 was great, in TES4 is was boring and g eneric. Storytelling never was their best skill and I fear with TES5 most likely taking place in Skyrim we get a boring generic viking game...

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

yeah and if all the landscape is looking like the landscape around Bruma, we'll be doom to die. It's seriously boring. If only the snow could be "real", but no, it's just a flat texture on the ground . :?
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...

Conker343qc wrote:yeah and if all the landscape is looking like the landscape around Bruma, we'll be doom to die. It's seriously boring. If only the snow could be "real", but no, it's just a flat texture on the ground . :?
Skyrim is not that excating. However viking like culture can be extremely interesting if well done: drakar, dragons, nordic gear and weapons, invasion in Morrowind (yep you read me correctly) If we have both Skyrim and Morrowind (and I mean the whole of Morrowind) then the new Tes5 will be very very exciting. Maybe will have the alliance between the Chimer (or Dark Elf) and the Dwemer against the nordic invasion...And that period is among the most exiting one in the mythology of TES...
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

No if there's an invasion it will be the new one so no dwemer.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood

Mormacil wrote:No if there's an invasion it will be the new one.
why? don't you know the word prequel??? :P
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

MasterAub wrote:
Conker343qc wrote:yeah and if all the landscape is looking like the landscape around Bruma, we'll be doom to die. It's seriously boring. If only the snow could be "real", but no, it's just a flat texture on the ground . :?
Skyrim is not that excating. ...
I don't mind the snow, but I agree that landscape around Bruma is boring. For an interesting landscape I would recommend Gothic3's Nordmar.