Maigrets Raven and Panther Companions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I've made a raven and panther companion if anyone would like to use them. They are not dependent on WAC, but Waalx kindly gave me permission to use the files.

They are separate mods, but I'm putting them in one thread for convenience. :)

Panther files have been fixed and re-uploaded. No more floating head and collar with no body. :-)

Maigrets - Sable the Panther Companion

readme:
spoiler:
Mod Name:
Maigrets - Sable the Panther Companion

Author:
Maigrets

Version:
One

DESCRIPTION:

Sable is a panther companion and can be found at Weye under the tree at the far side of the Inn if you're approaching from the IC. As soon as you enter the cell she's in she will start to wander but shouldn't go very far. If you can't find her look around the Inn or even down by the beach if you don't go straight to her as you enter Weye. If it's very dark at night her eyes will glow although this is most effective if using a darker nights mod.

She also has whiskers! And a collar.

Activate to Follow or to Wait. She will do what's necessary without further intervention. A Summon spell will be given to you on first activating so if she gets stuck, you can call her to you. This will be rare except perhaps in Ayleid ruins or anywhere there are small corridors.

Sable has a custom skeleton which is used for special animations other than the vanilla ones. However, at the moment they are not included, but may be in a later update if I get around to it.

She is Essential and levels with the player. She is also Player Owned so she won't attack you or friends. That can be changed in the CS if preferred, but I'm not going to do it.

I've added a Healing Ability which will help in heavy battles although she can still be knocked down. She also has Resist Magic and Poison because I've found some mods have enchantments and poisons which can have permanent effects and the only way to fix it is by rebooting the mod. I'm using Waalx Animals and Creatures and some of those beasts are pretty hard, so the Healing Ability isn't really that overpowered, but I might adjust it at some stage.

Sable will sneak when the player does. Obviously she won't crouch and sneak, but I have tested this extensively with her and my other fighting companions and it works well.
If you are sneaking you can get right up to an enemy, depending on YOUR skill before she will react, and only when you are detected. Then, she will attack all enemies.

She won't be getting chameleon in sneak mode. I don't think it's necessary.

Sable also has an intelligence of 30 so she can follow through load doors and for proper Fast Travel and will open gates and normal doors because of this. There are some Main Quest areas she will not follow through as is the case with most companions as far as i know, so just summon as necessary.

I don't do the Main Quest any more and haven't tested Oblivion Gates, so if you're going into a Gate, make her wait before going in and then call her. Do the same upon exiting just to be sure. There shouldn't be a problem as it usually, (or used to) affects companions with inventories and she doesn't have one. However, I don't use NPC companions, so I don't know if this is still true.

New world spaces are fine as I use her and my other companions successfully by using the same method which also means shivering Isles.

You can change her name if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on her and type -
setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes if more than one word. Close the console and save. Her name will remain the same in on screen messages and his Summon Spell though and can only be changed in her script.

REQUIREMENTS:
I have Shivering Isles installed but no assets from SI were used.
Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create my mod.

INSTALL:
Extract the 7Zip file to a temporary directory for best results. Move the meshes and texture folders plus the esp to your data folder. Check the esp in your data files menu or use your desired method eg OBMM and start your game.

UNINSTALL:
Remove the esp, meshes and textures from your Data folder. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you start your game.

COMPATIBILITY:
There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware.

CREDITS and THANKS:
Waalx for permission to use his panther files as well as the collar he made for another mod I have in progress and might finish one day.
Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.
The CS Wiki and Bethsoft CS forum for various useful bits of information.

My Simple Creature Companion Tutorial. It can be found here:
http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/t129-m ... n-tutorial

CONTACT INFORMATION:
SavageArtistry's Forum:
http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

Waalx RealSwords Forum:
index.php

TES Alliance which at the time of writing is currently under construction.

TES Adventures:
http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php

NOTE: Registration is required for all of the above.

LEGAL:
This mod must not be uploaded anywhere else for any reason whatsoever. No alterations except for personal use are permitted.

Translations are fine as long as I'm contacted first. Most of my companions have already been translated to other languages. I'd just like to know about it beforehand.

The resource files in this mod are not to be used without permission from Waalx.

Maigrets Toc Toc the Raven Companion

Readme:
spoiler:
Mod Name:
Maigrets Toc Toc the Raven Companion

Author:
Maigrets

Version:
One

DESCRIPTION:

Toc Toc is a raven companion and can be found in the graveyard behind the Chorrol Chapel. He will start to wander as soon as you enter the cell he's in, so he may be in or around the bushes at the back of the graveyard.

Activate to Follow or to Wait. He will do what's necessary without further intervention. A Summon spell will be given to you on first activating so if he gets stuck, (which will happen mainly on high staircases), you can call him to you.

He's modeled on the imp so will have some of the same animations. He acts like a bird except that he can't fly very high and mainly stays at player shoulder height (depending on the player's race of course). He will water walk (fly)like imps do and will easily keep up with you.

I've given him custom sounds which only occur when he attacks or is idle, but the levels may need adjusting. I play with headphones and I can hear it, but otherwise the sounds may mix with the game's ambient bird sounds.

He has offensive spells which he uses to great advantage. ie..paralyse for 5 seconds and drain health which might be unnecessary since he paralyses enemies before using the drain spell. I'm using Waalx Animals and Creatures and some of those beasts are pretty hard, so the 5 seconds paralyse isn't really that overpowered. However, I may at some stage look into adjusting it.

Toc Toc can easily be knocked down by bigger, stronger creatures and monsters even with his spells. I've given him a healing ability so he recovers a little faster. I've also given him Resist Magic and Poison 75% because I've found certain enchantments and poisons can have permanent bad effects on companions and since he is Essential it would require a reboot of the mod to fix it.

As I said above, he is also Essential so he can't die and also levels with the player. That can be changed in the CS if preferred, but I'm not going to do it.

He's player owned so he won't attack you or friends if you hit him, which is just as well otherwise you'd be paralysed. He also has the sneak component in his script as my other companions do.

Toc Toc also has an intelligence of 30 so he can follow through load doors and will open gates and normal doors because of this. There are some Main Quest areas he will not follow through as is the case with most companions as far as I know, so just summon as necessary.

I don't do the Main Quest any more and haven't tested Oblivion Gates, so if you're going into a Gate, make him wait before going in and then call him. Do the same upon exiting just to be sure. There shouldn't be a problem as it usually (or used to) affects companions with inventories and he doesn't have one. However, I don't use NPC companions so I don't know if this is still true.

New world spaces are fine as I use him and my other companions successfully by using the same method which also means shivering Isles.

GENERAL INFO:
Ravens are quite large birds so he is bigger than a common crow.

He's called Toc Toc because that's a sound ravens make when "talking" with each other, but I was unable to find a free sound effect to use for it.

You can change his name if you want in the CS or open the console in game, click on him and type -
setactorfullname "New Name" - The name must be in quotes if more than one word. Close the console and save. However, his name will remain the same in on screen messages and his Summon Spell. That can only be changed in his script.

SavageArtistry added a blood patch on his beak as well as giving him dark red eyes for the more evil effect.

REQUIREMENTS:
I have Shivering Isles installed but no assets from SI were used.
Oblivion must be patched to 1.2 however as I used this version of the CS to create my mod.

INSTALL:
Extract the 7Zip file to a temporary directory for best results. Move the meshes and texture folders plus the esp to your data folder. Check the esp in your data files menu or use your desired method eg OBMM and start your game.

UNINSTALL:
Remove the esp, meshes and textures from your Data folder. Your saves won't be affected. Just answer yes to the message regarding missing content next time you start your game.

COMPATIBILITY:
There should be no incompatibility with any other mods as far as I am aware unless another mod alters the Chorrol Graveyard. He flies, so even small changes, depending on what they are should be fine.

CREDITS and THANKS:
Waalx for permission to use his crow files.
SavageArtistry for adding the red eyes and blood on the beak.
Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS in the first place for us to use.
The CS Wiki and Bethsoft CS forum for various useful bits of information.

My Simple Creature Companion Tutorial. It can be found here:
http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/t129-m ... n-tutorial

CONTACT INFORMATION:
SavageArtistry's Forum:
http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/index.htm

Waalx RealSwords Forum:
index.php

TES Alliance which at the time of writing is currently under construction.

TES Adventures:
http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php

NOTE: Registration is required for all of the above.

LEGAL:
This mod must not be uploaded anywhere else for any reason whatsoever. No alterations except for personal use are permitted.

Translations are fine as long as I'm contacted first. Most of my companions have already been translated to other languages. I'd just like to know about it beforehand.

The resource files in this mod are not to be used without permission from Waalx.

Maigrets
Admin

Please don't download the panther for the moment if you were thinking about it.

It has a problem for people not using WAC where the body and back paws are invisible, but then if you were looking here you would be using WAC, so there shouldn't be a problem. :)

I'm attempting to remedy it.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

I indeed use WAC so i do not have the invisible body problem. :)

Sable is very great to have around, she already saved my chars life 3 times by killing an enemy i hat not seen. Those moments i suddenly saw her move past me with immense speed and killing something or some one that attacked me. It is also great that she is essential and can not die, because i usually seem to play pretty darn risky according to friends so normal companions would get killed quit fast and often.

Sable will not suffer from that because of the way you made her, and i think she will work great together with my Seeker(Thief type if you like that better.) :-D-)

But i do have questions, is she suicidal. In a Imperial fort some goblin started shooting arrows at me while i was on a bridge above the goblin and Sable seemed to jump of the bridge in order to attack that goblin. That she attacked is great...but it was a "What the Heck is she...?" moment. :D

So thank you very much for making her.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:I indeed use WAC so i do not have the invisible body problem. :)

Sable is very great to have around, she already saved my chars life 3 times by killing an enemy i hat not seen. Those moments i suddenly saw her move past me with immense speed and killing something or some one that attacked me. It is also great that she is essential and can not die, because i usually seem to play pretty darn risky according to friends so normal companions would get killed quit fast and often.

Sable will not suffer from that because of the way you made her, and i think she will work great together with my Seeker(Thief type if you like that better.) :-D-)

But i do have questions, is she suicidal. In a Imperial fort some goblin started shooting arrows at me while i was on a bridge above the goblin and Sable seemed to jump of the bridge in order to attack that goblin. That she attacked is great...but it was a "What the Heck is she...?" moment. :D

So thank you very much for making her.
Thanks. I'm glad you like her. :) And by the way, the file is fixed for non WAC users thanks to Waalx.

As far as suicidal...lol, most companions will do that, including NPC companions, and even the vanilla game NPC's are the same a lot of the time. It's because of their AI. They see an enemy and go after it any way they can, even if it's over a cliff. The Pathing grids don't matter when combat is started, so they have no real guide to where they can and can't go safely.

The NPC and creature AI in the game is a bit stupid so you have to compensate. You are the one with the brains...lol. They can't even jump, (although some creatures can), so things like walking into walls and running off cliffs is pretty normal.

Don't forget then since you have a thief character Sable will sneak with you and won't attack until you are detected or come out of sneak mode. It depends on the player's sneak skill.

:-)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

So that is why she does that, thanks for the explanation Anja The Whisperer.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

These look very nice, especially the Panther in Elsweyr! :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ok i do not why but i just got prove to something....Sable seems to HATE White Lions/Lionesses. These Lions are good Lions as you know, and they never ever did anything to me or Sable. BUT...every time Sable gets close to a White Lion/Lioness, she attacks and kills them?

And yes i know cats are unpredictable...i know that very well because i have a cat myself. (A british short hair and not a panther. :D ) But Sable attacks plain and simple, no provocation what so ever from the lions or from my char so that Sable defends me. It is like she thinks...a White Lion...*Chick fi...uhmm CAT FIGHT*

chali
Fumbling Sworduser

Beautiful work, as ever. Love your mods! :)

And of course, WAC too. Can't wait to try Toc Toc, in particular.

Thank you.
Maigrets
Admin

chali:

Thanks .. You're welcome. :)

@ Fessels

That's another odd one as I've been near the white lions with Sable and my other companions all based on the same scripts, with no "cat fights." Maybe it's a faction issue of some kind but then it would mean the white lions should attack you since all my companions are in the Player faction.

By the way I came across the Mer faced lion near Silorn. You don't want that guy after you. He's WTF huge. Luckily he ignored me even as I walked all around him, but I didn't dare prod and poke. :lol:

I think it's called Mer anyway. The little grey fox is a companion I made for my current character. She isn't in the shot because the lion wouldn't stand still long enough to get a good one, but she only reaches to his elbow...if that.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

YIKES...that is a HUGE lion indeed?

And no the White lions did not try to harm my character at all. If Sable was not with me then i could follow those lions and they totally ignored my character. (Still do actually.) I also use a mod called Danger sense Feral Instinct.(On TESNexus.) It is a mod that shows non hostile creatures and NPC's by flashing a green glow every few seconds, while hostile creatures(Or potentially hostile) and NPC's by flashing red every few seconds.

When looking at White lions while wearing the ring and while in sneak mode, the white lions always have a green glow. After i started using Saebels sneak mod i stopped using Sable because enemies would often see her and move in on her and as such my char to...because i could not let her fight on her own. :) (The companion thing is known to Saebel i believe.)
Maigrets
Admin

Sable's sneak mode is dependent on your own skill. So, if she is spotted it means you have been spotted even if you think you haven't, and therefore Sable will go into combat mode (if it is an enemy). She is programed to ignore friendly hits in battle.

I have no idea what's going on with the white lions. As I said it doesn't happen to me. :-o No-one else has reported any issues either with WAC, the normal game or with FCOM etc and I have had some feedback. But then often people don't bother to say if there's a problem and just remove the mod, which is of no help to the person who made it.

As you can see that Mer lion totally ignored me and my companion. In fact it also ignored the big fight that started soon after right next to it, with a pile of Greenies, chimps, a Unicorn Fear, myself and companion, so I wonder what faction or AI it has. Maybe I'll have a look in the CS sometime for curiosity sake.

My fighting companions all have the same script and when I had FCOM installed it worked perfectly, as long as MY skill was high enough and I was not detected. I don't have an FCOM game at the moment so I can't test it and I don't want to go back to it.

I do have OOO only installed but I would need to make a new character which I was thinking about at some point anyway to get my "loot" and danger fix. Running through the major vampire lair in the game and finding six vampires and two skeletons in a three level dungeon just doesn't inspire me at all. :-(

Anyway, I personally don't use any other mods that should interfere with my script and none should anyway. Perhaps my companions aren't suited to you or something else is going on like the faction system. Otherwise I have no idea, I'm afraid. Sorry. :sad:
(The companion thing is known to Saebel i believe.)
What does this part mean?

If it means the way enemies go for your horse or companion before you, then yes, I suppose that's the case. I don't know if it's ever been fixed but the last time I researched it, it hadn't. The only way I can think of is to have a complicated faction system and probably scripts.

It's not unique to Sable or any of my other companions. Blame Bethesda for that oversight. :) It also happens with WAC's companions I might add. If I have Yakul or Stern with me enemies go for them before they even look at me.

Even Bethesda's own Mage and Dark Brotherhood companions are totally useless so the game wasn't programed for real ones. After all the years since game release NPC companions are only just becoming properly functional, with a lot of work, to overcome the game engine's limits.

There are very few people who make animal companions as there's little demand. Like most modders I make my mods to work primarily with the vanilla game. If there are problems when other mods come into play that's not really my problem, but I do test with whichever mods I'm using at the time. FCOM and it's parts used to be the main concern for many people. As long as any other mod was compatible it was OK. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

No need to apologies Anja The Whisperer, i am not blaming you for anything. I just hoped that you might knew more...and what i mean with the companion thing is this:( It is discussed/explained on page 3.)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ge__st__40

Till i stared using SDR Sable has been a lot of help to my character. :)

As for my chars sneak skill...i am not sure. It is currently 93 and i use the Automagic cloak from Class advantages, which automatically gives my player a chameleon effect of 15% in light areas and in dark areas that becomes 25%. Right now i can sneak up to any one and anything...jump up and down right smack in front of them and they do not notice me. Before SDR i could sneak up with Sable quit well without her getting noticed to fast, but with it she got spotted more often then not.

So it is definitely connected to SDR and/or more mods i use, and not your Sable mod. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I've just done a few test runs and I'm certain that Sable attacking white lions is a faction issue. They have their own WACPlayer Faction as well as a script for following and assisting the player if you have a certain item in inventory.

I stood near them, walked around them and even drew in enemies with Sable for two game hours at two different shrines and nothing happened. Sable, myself and the while lions fought the enemies and then went back to peace mode.

Then, for some unknown reason Sable became aggro to the while lion near Bravil when we traveled there and ended up killing it. There was only one at that shrine. However, initially she was peaceful to it as well.

I have no idea why she suddenly went aggro, but looking at the lion script it may be either factional or fame and infamy based. My character who has Sable as her companion is in the Dark Brotherhood so has no fame. I don't do the vanilla quests anymore except at the very start to get into a guild, so unless I artificially increase my fame, it's never going to happen.

I really didn't want this character in the DB, but one of the Imperial Guards at a WAC tower attacked me for no reason and I got a bounty defending myself. I had neither fame or infamy and no bounty before that.

I actually think there are faction issues with other NPC's and creatures because I've had some odd things happen that really shouldn't have. They don't bother me particularly, but for people playing a serious game I guess it would. I've has the game too long now to worry about being too serious about it, although I would like to know how to fix the issue.

BTW I looked up the Mer Faced Lion and it is a friend like the white lions. No script, but faction wise. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Anja The Whisperer wrote:I've just done a few test runs and I'm certain that Sable attacking white lions is a faction issue. They have their own WACPlayer Faction as well as a script for following and assisting the player if you have a certain item in inventory.

I stood near them, walked around them and even drew in enemies with Sable for two game hours at two different shrines and nothing happened. Sable, myself and the while lions fought the enemies and then went back to peace mode.

Then, for some unknown reason Sable became aggro to the while lion near Bravil when we traveled there and ended up killing it. There was only one at that shrine. However, initially she was peaceful to it as well.
That sounds very familiar, first she ignored them but then from one moment to another when she came within lets say 10 to 15 meters of a white lion, then the fur started flying.

Anja The Whisperer wrote:I have no idea why she suddenly went aggro, but looking at the lion script it may be either factional or fame and infamy based. My character who has Sable as her companion is in the Dark Brotherhood so has no fame. I don't do the vanilla quests anymore except at the very start to get into a guild, so unless I artificially increase my fame, it's never going to happen.
In that case i think it is Faction based, because my character currently has a fame of 14 and infamy of 1.
Anja The Whisperer wrote:I really didn't want this character in the DB, but one of the Imperial Guards at a WAC tower attacked me for no reason and I got a bounty defending myself. I had neither fame or infamy and no bounty before that.

I actually think there are faction issues with other NPC's and creatures because I've had some odd things happen that really shouldn't have. They don't bother me particularly, but for people playing a serious game I guess it would. I've has the game too long now to worry about being too serious about it, although I would like to know how to fix the issue.
Yeah sometimes i get the idea that something strange happened as well. I am absolutely certain that i did not kill a guard or NPC but two days ago i still got a infamy point some where together with a largest bounty of 500. But no guard ever came to arrest my character for a crime? As you mentioned it is no big deal at least not to me either, but it is weird. Due to that fact the DB thought i was a murderer and i got a nightly visit from them.
Anja The Whisperer wrote:BTW I looked up the Mer Faced Lion and it is a friend like the white lions. No script, but faction wise. :)
Now that is good to know one less thing to worry about for my character, thanks Anja The Whisperer. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels,

Maybe you'd like to give this a try.. :lol: I made this last week after someone requested it for a companion. I didn't do the textures or the collar and bow, but they are what was requested including the colour.

It's not usually something I would use, but it's actually quite cute in game. There's an Aesop's Fable about the Fox and the Lamb. Maybe it could be the white lion and the lamb. :grin: :D

It's a pet only though so it runs away when there's danger and comes back when it''s over, so I can't imagine it attacking the white lions. I haven't thought to see what would happen though and if they attack the sheep....? I may do that later.

Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

That is.......let's say.....très chic. And I have learned a new english word: bow. :grin:
A mod for the Easter time.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Anja The Whisperer wrote:Fessels,

Maybe you'd like to give this a try.. :lol: I made this last week after someone requested it for a companion. I didn't do the textures or the collar and bow, but they are what was requested including the colour.

It's not usually something I would use, but it's actually quite cute in game. There's an Aesop's Fable about the Fox and the Lamb. Maybe it could be the white lion and the lamb. :grin: :D

It's a pet only though so it runs away when there's danger and comes back when it''s over, so I can't imagine it attacking the white lions. I haven't thought to see what would happen though and if they attack the sheep....? I may do that later.
LoL, i think i pass on the offer, i just do not think it fits my character. :grin:
Soulius
Fumbling Sworduser

I'm definitly fan of the crow you've added.
Feels like it will follow my chars for a loooooooooong time.
Thanks for this mod.
(btw; roflmao seeing the sheep)
Maigrets
Admin

Soulius wrote:I'm definitly fan of the crow you've added.
Feels like it will follow my chars for a loooooooooong time.
Thanks for this mod.
(btw; roflmao seeing the sheep)
Thanks. :) I think he may be a bit overpowered for vanilla users, but I've found he gets knocked down and out with WAC, especially the stronger beasts.

It's the Healing Ability. Otherwise his stats are the same as the Imp.

If anyone wants a less super powered bird let me know. :) I was going to do it anyway, but haven't gotten around to it.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL they keep having weird moments, and i realize that you can not change it, i just wanted to mention it. :grin:

I went to get Toc Toc in Chorrol and as i left the graveyard this was the result:

I did not see how it started but after i just left the graveyard i suddenly heard the combat music start and when i turned around Toc Toc was fighting with a guy called Eugal Belette. This guy was decked in the same type of armor that those assassins from Mythic Dawn where wearing?