Would You Like To Introduce Yourself?

Folks, post your comments, suggestions and ideas in here!
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Since we have a lot of new members coming to the forums now I thought I'd make a Sticky topic for new and existing members to introduce yourselves and perhaps post a small bit of info about yourself if you feel like it. We have a number of regulars so feel free to say hello. :)

Just two things I'd like to mention first:

For your own security please don't post your email address or personal information you wouldn't want anyone to know. Keep it general. I know this should go without saying, but I've seen on other forums where people post their email address and other contact info and this can lead to spambots flooding your Inbox and other nasty malware.

Spambot posts containing irrelevant advertising links will be dealt with as soon as I see them. As with anywhere else spambots creep in here occasionally and it's these people who disrupt the forum with nonsense posts and other spam I'm talking about and are not welcome. Linking your own mods, blog or game related site in your signature is fine.

Having said that...Welcome everyone! :) Image
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Maigrets
Admin

Since I started this topic I guess I'd better do the right thing. I'll try to keep it brief...not easy for me as I tend to write essays about anything that strikes my fancy. :grin:

Hello everyone, my name is Margaret..aka Maigrets, previously Anja the Whisperer which was the name of my first Oblivion character.

I've been a gamer since the very early days starting with the Commodore 64 (if anyone remembers that far back :) ) and moved on to the Amiga and Playstation one and two. When I bought my first PC the only games around were text adventures and hard to configure DOS games. Thank goodness for progress. :D

I read thrillers, horror and Sci Fi fantasy and sometimes write my own short stories. My music tastes range from metal to golden oldies, but no country or rap. My favourite band of all time is Pink Floyd.

My preference in games used to be mainly first person shooters (Half Life 1&2 'Rock On!' ) and point and click adventure games, but I don't have the patience for them now. When I discovered Morrowind all that changed. I played that game literally for years (on and off lol) until Oblivion came along. I taught myself to mod Oblivion when I lost my beloved dog Rosie and I desperately wanted her in my game. To cut a sob story short I was helped out by a couple of very nice people and the rest is history. Animal companions R' Us. :grin:

Anyway, that's about it for now. If you want to know anything and I'm able to help just ask. I'm pretty easy to get along with...usually. :P
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
InnerOutN
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1989

Well i'll stand up next, hi group my name's Nathan, or nahtan1/InnerOutN :) i'll try to be brief, to the point and mostly factual lol mostly :P

I'm a 22yr old gamer from the emerald isle or Ireland :D Always been a pc gamer, (and i suspect I always will) although I have owned both ps3 and xbox 360 (not anymore though, and the 360 was just to enjoy Red Dead Redemption). I built my own gaming pc which was a labour of love (and frickn hate! I totally wussed out when it came to fitting all the components lol i had more anti-static devices on me than I knew what they even did!). I enjoy a wide pallet of gaming genres from action/adventure, first and 3rd person shooters, open world sandbox blast em up's, puzzlers ect but have to admit I am a slave for a good rpg. I can get lost for weeks to months at a time immersing myself in a game world, and often have a hard time distinguishing game world from real world after a serious binge of rpg'ing :D Now was that a cat I saw in saw down the street or was it a troll :D

Played my first ever mmo only recently, sadly it was APB (All Points Bulletin: Sadly as it died quite early on, but alas will be back for free not too long away now) and loved the level of character customization! I could spend hours crafting and creating my own very own game world counter parts.

I'm naturally a creative and artistic person. I enjoy music and art and writing. I don't read as much as I should do, but I often find myself writing mini adventures and tales of myself (a lot of them borrowed from games I'm playing, so expect my Tales From Wac to be published soon).I'm a self taught guitarist though I know very little songs, I prefer to just pick up and play what I wish to play. Best way to relax and just unwind.

Other than that I cant think of much to say, lead a nice and relaxed life goes by at a pace I set and not too much happens in the way of uneventful mishaps :) although I do currently have 7 kittens in residence and two lazy mother cats....or wait no, are they trolls :P
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Hello I am Ailsa. I came here because I fell in love with Maigrets' animal companions a while ago now. I believe that I have all of them (I think) in my current game. I have only ever used a PC for gaming and I started out with Ultima Underworld II (on 5 inch floppy discs) :shock:

I live in the South UK on a small island and work as a dressmaker and fashion-designer when I am not at the beck and call of my very large puppy and my parrots :twisted:

I am a total dunce at technical things and just kick and pray when anything goes wrong with my pc :D
Casper
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1984

Hi, I am usually called Casper. i've also gone by the names Invisible man, invisibleguy, or various adaptations thereof. And once as folkerwolfie at a WWII combat flight-sim forum.
I’m 27, fairly well educated (self taught mostly, trying to learn anything in a class or university is hit or miss at best) I’m a sci-fi, fantasy, non-fiction (as in: history), old school or modern military, crime novel/drama junkie. I missed a few things, me thinks.
I’ve been a gaming freak since I could read a character sheet, starting with D&D table-top gaming way back when. RPGs, strategy, action/adventure, shooters 1st or 3rd person, hack & slash, combat sims, futuristic, current real-world, past, ancient, it’s all good to me. I’m not much of a mod maker. Last major anything I’ve done was with the original starcraft in the mid-to-late 90s (map scripting, and map making mostly). I’ve done a few little things for myself, so small I don’t even think they’re worth posting. mostly morrowind & Oblivion related; a few others here and there.
Musical taste: hmm… I’d have to say almost anything, excluding… country, or rap. As far as classical goes, it’s also rather hit or miss as well.

---edit
i forgot to mention, i'm from Arizona, USA; that’s right I’m just another annoying yank. Cheers.
Fortune favors the foolish – because more often than not, the only thing separating bravery from stupidity is luck. -me
Maigrets
Admin

Thanks, InnerOutN, Ailsa and Casper. :)

It's nice to know just a little about the people you talk to even when they are invisible as Casper says. Seems a bit more real when it's a virtual world.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Howdy to you guys, InnerOutN, Ailsa and Casper

A warm welcome...and a sincere one...
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Shane
Fumbling Sworduser

Hello, new to the site but not new to modding. Name's Shane, been around the modding scenes since Morrowind but actually only released one mod. A small one. I tend to ramble on about minor subjects but it ends with an essay. Appologies. I'm rather addicted to punctuation as you've probably already noticed. To keep things short.

Nice to meet you.
Maigrets
Admin

Nice to meet you too Shane. :)
I tend to ramble on about minor subjects but it ends with an essay. Appologies.
My mantra as I do the same if I don't restrain myself. No need to apologize as an interesting essay can be as good as a short paragraph if it tells the story in a meaningful way. :)
amievil85
Reader

Hi, I'm Jeremy and I'm an alcohol..... err, wrong room. 'Tis good to be back, RealSwords.
5 years of Oblivion and still going strong.
Maigrets
Admin

amievil85 wrote:Hi, I'm Jeremy and I'm an alcohol..... err, wrong room. 'Tis good to be back, RealSwords.
:grin: :grin:

Welcome Jeremy. :cheese:
amievil85
Reader

Maigrets wrote:
amievil85 wrote:Hi, I'm Jeremy and I'm an alcohol..... err, wrong room. 'Tis good to be back, RealSwords.
:grin: :grin:

Welcome Jeremy. :cheese:
Thankee kindly.

Where's Alex these days?
5 years of Oblivion and still going strong.
Maigrets
Admin

:)
Where's Alex these days?
Never fear, Alex is hard at work on WAC. Expect good things very soon. :)
TimmyTheNerd
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1988

Hello. I'm TimmyTheNerd...also known as TimmyTheNerd on Nexus and YouTube. You all may call me Tim, Timmo, Timmy or Timothy for short. I heard about the Animals and Creatures mod on Nexus and decided to check it out. Before I download it though, I have a question.

Is it compatible with the Xenius Race Compilation Mod?
Maigrets
Admin

Hi Timmy and welcome. :)
Is it compatible with the Xenius Race Compilation Mod?
Yes, WAC is compatible with any custom race mod. For the moment though until the next release of WAC, just be aware that there's an issue with eye selection when creating a new character. You'll need to use the "showracemenu" to change eyes or do it at the sewer exit.
TimmyTheNerd
Fumbling Sworduser

Alright. I'm using an alternative start mod so not sure how that will work.
Maigrets
Admin

You can still use the console and change whatever you like with the "showracemenu.' Just don't click DONE when you're finished otherwise it will mess up your stats. Press ESC and save, then reload that save with the console open. I use it a lot to change hair or eyes or just to change something with my characters face shape etc.

More info:
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/in ... owRaceMenu

In all the time I've been playing Oblivion I always meant to try an alternate start mod but never got around to it and I've made a lot of characters over the years. ;-(( I must be a masochist to go through the tutorial dungeon that many times, although I can whip through it in record time. lol.

I haven't tried it on my most recent game install, but my game used to crash every time I tried to use the option at the end of the sewers anyway so I stopped trying. The console is easier and as I said I use it a lot.
TimmyTheNerd
Fumbling Sworduser

You should try the Alternate Start by Robert Evrae. Not only does it have you arriving in a boat (You can choose two different places to arrive at), you can also pick your role and why you come to Cyrodil, which determines your starting gear and money (which you will find in a sack near the dock your 'ship' used). You can even decide if you want to start with any diseases. It's one of my favorites since I'm an RPer.
Casper
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1984

TimmyTheNerd wrote:You should try the Alternate Start by Robert Evrae. Not only does it have you arriving in a boat (You can choose two different places to arrive at), you can also pick your role and why you come to Cyrodil, which determines your starting gear and money (which you will find in a sack near the dock your 'ship' used). You can even decide if you want to start with any diseases. It's one of my favorites since I'm an RPer.
i used to use it, however the mq dialogue "missprints" started to drive me bonkers. "escaped prisoner? just what are you babbling about? i got here by boat... *sigh* never mind."
Fortune favors the foolish – because more often than not, the only thing separating bravery from stupidity is luck. -me
Maigrets
Admin

I'd like to see game developers (not modders) use their imagination and have the character start in some other situation instead of the age old prison cell, or victim of amnesia scenario. Surely there's another way to introduce the player character to the game. There have only been a few I know of that have done something different...one of which was being washed up on shore after a shipwreck.

I can think of a few ways that can still be role played according to the game story, so surely it can't be that hard for game writers.