Skyrim Realswords Project!

This has it's own category. Do not post anything unrelated or off topic here.
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted
shingouki
Admin

Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Loving that skeleton. :grin: In a "I want to fight it" kind of way. :cheese:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Just flick him and he falls appart. :p
WizardOfAtlantis
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1971

That straight-on axe shot is great. I love the nail or whatever it is stuck down into the top of the axe haft to keep the head on tighter! That's a really nice touch of realism. :-)
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Gork712 wrote:Just flick him and he falls appart. :p
Breathe on him you mean. :grin: Skyrim skeletons are wimps.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
shingouki
Admin

Uploaded some new shots of Gladiator/Imperial here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shingouki2 ... 236533959/

Browse to your heart's content. All are WIP though.
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted
WizardOfAtlantis
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1971

I know you're probably not too worried about item placement in Skyrim any more, but I came across this one and it was so...atmospheric...that I felt I would share it.

That was lying there in a shipwreck at the bottom of Lake Klinalth...talk about setting the atmosphere for "always having been part of the game"... 'Rock On!'
shingouki
Admin

WizardOfAtlantis wrote:I know you're probably not too worried about item placement in Skyrim any more, but I came across this one and it was so...atmospheric...that I felt I would share it.

That was lying there in a shipwreck at the bottom of Lake Klinalth...talk about setting the atmosphere for "always having been part of the game"... 'Rock On!'
On the contrary I'm always interested in new information about how the mod plays in your games, so thanks for the photo! Hm...that makes me a bit uncomfortable, being in the ocean and not having rusted at all...maybe I'll increase the chances of old weapons, or make a new "worn" retexture to show a bit more wear and age. Thanks a lot for the shot though, very cool!

How I edited the leveled lists never makes it too clear to me "when" or "where" you'll see these things, the game calculates it all. Since I don't have enough time/experience to hand place anything yet. But I'm glad its working at least :).
shingouki
Admin

Seems like the dead are restless...

hrusai
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1993

hey guys, i loved this mod so damned much i decided to join up here at the forums and give y'all some feedback and offer my input and help :D....those imperials swords look absolutely fantastic dude, i love the slightly curved dagger, seems like the sorta thing the thieves guild would use :)...honestly superb work, and that armoured skeleton looks frickin badass :D:D not half as flimsy as the skynilla ones, i mean a strong gust of wind obliterates thems :P

oh and with the trying to create a unique feel with all the different weapons, you really have, the battleaxes feel so frickin brutal, i picked one up and the first few things i killed just got smashed :-D-) twas brutal 'Rock On!'

anyways keep up the great work guys :D
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

hrusai wrote:and that armoured skeleton looks frickin badass :D:D not half as flimsy as the skynilla ones, i mean a strong gust of wind obliterates thems :P
Would have been funny if unrelenting force could make them fall apart. :D

Cant wait to see these armoured skellies make an entrance. :3
hrusai
Fumbling Sworduser

Gork712 wrote: Would have been funny if unrelenting force could make them fall apart. :D

hell half the time is does xD they suck
shingouki
Admin

It seems as though, even more of the dead have awoken from their slumber....

hrusai wrote:
Gork712 wrote: Would have been funny if unrelenting force could make them fall apart. :D

hell half the time is does xD they suck
Don't worry. These guys are gonna take more than a sneeze to break apart. :-D-)
hrusai
Fumbling Sworduser

awh man this is going to be such a must have mod, well tbph it already is XD
those skele's look so frickin badass :D:D i cannot wait to smash me some armoured bones :D:D

you've done a great job man!!
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted
shingouki
Admin

Jamez820 wrote:How does the marauder lord skeleton look when it falls apart? does the armor stay attached to each individual bone?
Can't spoil all the surprises. Take a look when you fight them in game ;)

As a side note, all the blades so far didnt have their normal maps activated... Modding for a new uncharted game causes all sorts of interesting issues :P. Here's an example:

This is how the Cawood Looks Now

This is the Cawood As Intended

If you notice the etching depth, along with the nicks and cuts showing more... I'm fixing it now, so it should look better when I update the mod soon.
hrusai
Fumbling Sworduser

hell normal maps make a mucho difference to things, mind you the games arbitary lighting isnt as bad as i thought it would be xD

normal map looks a bit strong in that image imo, dont wanna let the blades metal patterning shine through, best to make it solid colour, so its normal map makes it look flat, but retains the diff maps patterning so it doesnt look bland or too clean :)...but the notches and runes look brilliant with the new normal maps (Y)

great job man :D
shingouki
Admin

hrusai wrote:hell normal maps make a mucho difference to things, mind you the games arbitary lighting isnt as bad as i thought it would be xD

normal map looks a bit strong in that image imo, dont wanna let the blades metal patterning shine through, best to make it solid colour, so its normal map makes it look flat, but retains the diff maps patterning so it doesnt look bland or too clean :)...but the notches and runes look brilliant with the new normal maps (Y)

great job man :D
Yeah the thing is, it was meant to be like this. I checked it in Oblivion and it actually looks just like this. But i'm thinking that I might make the worn version of weapons into the one without a normal map, and the new version the one with a normal map. They look drastically differently like this, and it'll fill in the gap between the weapons. Or maybe just make the non normal map one a different weapon altogether... Haven't decided yet.

If there's a person to thank though, definitely thank Waalx, his work is amazing, and its all his original creation. I really look up to the stuff he made, it's really incredible. The thing that amazes me most is how fast he got this stuff out for how much work he put in. I'm struggling just to get it in the game sometimes, and I dont even have to do as much :P.

As a side note here are some other pics from the upcoming Imperial module you guys might like.