Gallery

Visuals of the swords, illustrations & drawings
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Warrior & Wizard Wares touch all the armors or mostly all. adding belts pouches and daggers to each. Most of the armors stay the same except for the belt changes, but some are changed like for the ebony, or expanded to more variations. (some cuirass with 1 pauldron missing... ). but most are just upgraded to the belts items. Almost all were done, but before I created the dagger props. so I may have to review that and change the stuff to the new one.

in case your were wondering, the backpack in the picture of the icon props a few days ago, it's for the Legion foresters. and in the game equip/act as a quiver.
Chin Music
Steady Sworduser

I mean that you've given bandits a set of armors which they will always use to make them look more bandit-y. You mentioned hostile magic NPCs wearing the dark robes you made. What I'm asking is if other NPCs will receive the same treatment, like Marauders, Vampires and Highwaymen, which are really the only other major hostile NPCs to be covered, unless you want to do Dremora as well.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I'm curious how you'll do marauders :)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Hey Alex,

Been away for a while because I bought a new house. I expected WAC to be released when I got back. Now I can't believe my eyes when looking at all the new stuff that has been added. This is enough to create a brand new overhaul based on your content alone! I like the grim looks on all the new stuff (like the props and the armors).

Amazing stuff, mate!

Cheers!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Welcome back and congratulation :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

Hey Dimitri!

long time.. yeah I'm a bit behind the schedule, although..there never really was one.

an update on the bandits armors.. couple of female versions done.

Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Looks good man :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I always wondered what the deal was with Bandits versus Marauders in Vanilla, with the strict seperation of races and armor types. Seems more logical to me that a gang of bandits/marauders is a mixture of both. Some favor heavy gear, while archers are more likely to fancy lighter armor or even use no armor at all. This bunch of lowlives looks very convincing for that matter!
Waalx
Forum Master

what's the deal indeed...

Redguards, Khajiit, wood elf, and dark elf are in bandits.

Imperial, High Elf, Argonian. and Orc are in marauders. Beside this there's not much difference between the two groups except their placement in the world, and the fact they are named either bandit or marauder.

I'm kind of stuck as to what to do with the marauders. Both seem almost the exact same type but with a different name only.
Chin Music
Steady Sworduser

Waalx wrote:what's the deal indeed...

Imperial, High Elf, Argonian. and Orc are in marauders. Beside this there's not much difference between the two groups except their placement in the world, and the fact they are named either bandit or marauder.

I'm kind of stuck as to what to do with the marauders. Both seem almost the exact same type but with a different name only.
The distinction of armor and weapons is still pretty important because you kind of need to know which ones to go after to get the gear you want. Maurauders always wear Heavy Armor and blades and Bandits always Light Armor with Blunt weapons, although I imagine this has changed it around a bit.

When I think of Bandits I think of people who attack adventuring parties and travelers and who fight with dishonesty and whatever scraps of armor they've looted off their prey.

When I think of Marauders, I think big berserk warriors who go one step further, by pillaging and sacking villages or raiding towns for prized valuables, coveted armor and the sheer fun of it. Their armor would still be mish-mashed rotten parts, but raiding villages proves to be much more lucrative in the equipment department, it is not uncommon to see a Marauder wearing the beloved family heirloom of some local, albeit recently murdered, noble. But such warbands might have a greater sense of hierarchy, and the stronger ones would win the better loot.

Bandits on the other hand are just that, a band. They might have ringleaders who dish out authority but otherwise consider each other equals.

Bandits would steal a sentimental gold necklace from a traveler's sleeping neck and ransom it back to the family for triple its worth. Marauders would kill the traveler, along with the rest of their family, and wear the gold necklace as a trophy and tell stories about how they got it at feasts.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I'm with Chin Music, make Marauders black knights or something :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

or we could completely overhaul them and make them like the new Deathknight class from WoW. 8-)

yeah yeah I know, not happening, but man... that armor is just plain hot!
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Chin Music wrote:
Waalx wrote:what's the deal indeed...

The distinction of armor and weapons is still pretty important because you kind of need to know which ones to go after to get the gear you want. Maurauders always wear Heavy Armor and blades and Bandits always Light Armor with Blunt weapons, although I imagine this has changed it around a bit.

When I think of Bandits I think of people who attack adventuring parties and travelers and who fight with dishonesty and whatever scraps of armor they've looted off their prey.

When I think of Marauders, I think big berserk warriors who go one step further, by pillaging and sacking villages or raiding towns for prized valuables, coveted armor and the sheer fun of it. Their armor would still be mish-mashed rotten parts, but raiding villages proves to be much more lucrative in the equipment department, it is not uncommon to see a Marauder wearing the beloved family heirloom of some local, albeit recently murdered, noble. But such warbands might have a greater sense of hierarchy, and the stronger ones would win the better loot.

Bandits on the other hand are just that, a band. They might have ringleaders who dish out authority but otherwise consider each other equals.

Bandits would steal a sentimental gold necklace from a traveler's sleeping neck and ransom it back to the family for triple its worth. Marauders would kill the traveler, along with the rest of their family, and wear the gold necklace as a trophy and tell stories about how they got it at feasts.
Well, the whole light/heavy armor thing is screwed up in Oblivion as far as I am concerned, there is no such thing. The distinction was only made for gameplay sake. And even if bandits and marauders would be like you portrait them to be in the game, the use of armors, weapons and the races still doesn't make sense. Why would a High Elf wear a heavy armor weighing a ton as a spellcaster? It was only done to make life easier on the developers, as there was a deadline to catch. I agree that some groups should be more powerfull/ruthless/better trained than others, but I just don't really like the route Beth followed. We need simple hooded robbers that operate near roads, rogue soldiers that form bands of mercenaries, criminal organisations that smuggle contrabande or do kidnappings (what the hell are these villains doing in these dungeons anyway?) maybe even specific racial type gangs etc. But that's just my opinion.
Waalx
Forum Master

well actually he's right. the Bandits have light armor lists in the CS, and the Marauders have heavy lists.

From what I started, the bandits have half heavy-half light armors, most are heavy armors made of iron or bronze, and actually not much is light armors in what I did, only the fur cuirass types. And most often they are mixed together to make a change.

it's pretty long to make enough armors so that it may create a variety. I figure I could create something else for the marauders.. I need to find what.

Or I take what I did for the bandits heavy armors, give that to the marauders instead, and give only light armors like fur and leather to the bandits and clothes only.

One or the other I still have to create a lot more of them. Either I keep the bandits as is, and do something else for the marauders.. or I split what I have between both.

I'm not sure..

I kind of agree that the races make little sense in all that. the Altmer are completely off in Heavy gears, that a fact. There should be no race distinction at all between the two groups, it's not like bandits refuses members...based on the race, they should be the most mixed parties in all Oblivion I think. That may very well be what I'm going to do. take down the race barrier between the two groups and create more instances of each.
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I think ya'll are on the right track with the Bandits and Marauders, Bandits being a little less armored, more scrapped together, and in a very diverse, loosely thrown together band, where as the Marauders would be more heavily armored, more vicious and militant, and much more organized.

I was also wondering Waalx, what the plan was, if there is one, on all this amazing work you've been doing. You've got the Realswords that have already been released, the other races races which are still a WIP, the legendary blades and the Realswords gladiator project. They are all part of a larger plan, called the Chronicles of Steel, or is that something different? You have the Minator Armor, the Hunter Armor, the Morag Tong Armor, the expanded robes and diversification of the Mages Guild, the poisons and poisoners, the witches and all that. You've created Golbin and Bandit camps, and all those brutal looking gibbets and watch towers. Not to mention the interesting stuff you currently doing with the Bandits and now presumably the Marauders.

In addition to all that, you've made what, somewhere around 500 new or expanded creatures and animals. Smurf villiages, Mer-Faced Lions, and Smilodon Tigers, oh my! You've created the realm of Hircine and even the Great Hunter himself!

Are they all connected, do you intend to have these all part of some great project, or are these bits and pieces of various works that you're dealing with simultaneously?

I'm not saying you need a plan, what you do with your projects, is your business, I'm just curious.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Ah, so one big overhaul huh? Thank you, Mormacil.

Considering what OOO, MMM or even FCOM add to the game I don't even know if these are in the same league. Not to say that what Oscuro, or Martigen, or any of the other talented modders out there have created isn't impressive, far from it, but what Waalx is doing here, looks like it's becoming more of an expansion pack than an overhaul! :D
Waalx
Forum Master

the plan is to bring everything together under the same thing.

However this isn't going to be done overnight, as things like Gladiator isn't even a mod yet. All I had on that is a test .esp for the armor I was testing. those armors still need some love too.

First Alpha release will include all the creatures, the stuff of Witch and Wizards Wares (armors, robes), and Maybe RealSwords too. But maybe later for RealSwords as I would like to base the weapons on what dev_akm did with his balancing and race specific leveled lists.

The Chronicles of Steel, it's going in too, although when the stories are over only so that may take some time as RealSwords is missing 4 races still.
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I think that all sounds like a good plan, looking forward to it.
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

It's not completely unheard of for a bandit to wear heavy armor, just like it's not unheard of for a marauder to wear light armor. It's all about an individuals choices in the matter of what they prefer, same with different races/classes wearing heavy or light armor, I have a mage character that is wearing a full set of platemail, is that efficient? no, probably not, but that doesn't stop me 8-) I think all the bandits and marauders look cool in the armors Waalx is giving them... but they'd look even cooler on the ground dead, I need to kill these things in a promt and timely maner.
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card