WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
shingouki
Admin

Waalx your mod is amazing! I've been just looking through the bsaa at all the models and its just amazing what you come up with man. i also compared some of your older models to your recent ones...and the progress you've made since you've started is inspiring. Comparing the current Realswords Orc with the original is just such an impressive change. I thought all the models were perfect as-is, but somehow you manage to keep improving, its great! Keep up the amazing work ^_^.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

yanazake wrote:I turned AW off and no game, a sudden CTD happened near IC. [I lost my autosave because I'm still testing various things here and there] I just used fast travel to the stables near IC, went in the city, waited for some time [it was getting dark... what? D:] and went out again. The game CTD right next to two priests near the entrace [a dark elf and a man with white beard]

should I post my load order, or rather, that crash report some people posted? I'm not sure where to find it, tho.
you can post it, I'm not sure what is going on (in fact, I don't know). Maybe others can help.
viltuska wrote:Hi! I found a accidental edit in Wac - tcos.esp that changes the mesh for the dremora kynreeve cuirass to that of the chainmail cuirass.
EDIT:that goes for kynval cuirass too.
thanks for pointing that out. I will delete those edits from the esp.
Mishaxhi wrote:
just a few problems with the arena, the bodies of opponents you've defeated in previous fights don't dissappear so now i have 20+ bodies lying around during every fight which causes enorrrmmouuss lag
:shock:
Of course if that happen you will get that big lag, but it's not meant to be this way at all! :(

Upon completion of every matches or bet, the Arena is supposed to be reset when you speak to the appropriate event instigator (Owyn or Hundolin). When you report back to Owyn or go to Hundolin to collect your bet, the reset should take place. On my computer I can 'feel' that it's happening as the process do slow down my machine for a second or two...

Every new combatants added to the arena (or Blood Team) should reset back to their holding cell and await virtual reincarnation. That's something that took me a lot of work and time to do (and understand).

Does anyone else have this problem as well with the Arena? That is something that is supposed to be done and working in the Gladiator esp.
also in one of the earlier fights the provocator and amazon turned on me so i killed them and since then there has been no condemned/provocators/amazons in any fight
Usually the Blood Team will wait and attack you only if you are declared winner (you defeated the Yellow Team). Up until the Yellow Team's defeat, there's a chance the Blood Team still decide that you should go down first, but this is mostly about something not going right with their AI. When a match is generated, There's a lot of NPC that are asked to do things at the same time. It's AI overload in most cases.
ie: Betting in the Arena, the Blood Team isn't supposed to move and attack each other until the match begin. Yet in many instances one of the Blood Team will start moving around before it's script tell him/her to do so. He may attack an immobile Blood Team nearby. Then others will follow or not. It create occurrences that shouldn't happen, a kind of bug. It may be that my scripting method is wrong too :)

Until you are the winner, they are coded not to attack you. One thing to try with Blood Team that attack you earlier is to ask for a yield. Most Blood Team asked should yield to the player, unless the player already killed the Yellow team in the ongoing match. If the Player has won against the Yellow team already, no yields will be granted, as at this point the 'job' of the Blood Team is to really test the victor.
shingouki wrote:...Comparing the current Realswords Orc with the original is just such an impressive change. I thought all the models were perfect as-is, but somehow you manage to keep improving, its great! Keep up the amazing work ^_^.
When I first started on RealSwords, I wasn't investing a lot of time on the models/textures. The Orc's weapons were very very basic, and I knew that already. Argonian, Khajiit and most up to RS - Nords were made using a conservation of time/effort/resources, and I was trying to keep the polycount of the models the lowest I could. With Nord I went a bit further in my investment of time/effort/polygons/textures.
Over the last few years I saw many mod makers use very unpractical high-res stuff, yet people are taking it in droves. So I figured I could just up my means a little and make something more detailed and accurate :)

The latest weapons made are the new Orcs and Dunmer weapons.
redshift87
Fumbling Sworduser

False alarm on the Lacolith and imperial legion. That outdated OOO patch was causing both of those, sorry!

In other news, I ran into a Yeti today; that was a fun battle :)

And a big thank you for fixing the big cats' heads! Whichever Beth modeler did the original head for the mountain lion did a terrible job.
Haldir
Unsteady Sworduser

Okay, two problems.

1. Every so often the iron gate to the Arena doesn't open, which means I have to hope one of the beasts kills my opponent.

2. Pretty sure this is OOO being annoying but there are two sets of guards now, one in OOO armour and one in WAC armour. They walk into each other continuously, trying to stand in they're positions. Some of the guards in OOO armour have no legs.

Also, this mod is awesome, and just keeps getting more awesome.
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

ah i see

well it's still awesome. for now it's easy enough to manually disable the bodies with the console
give me your sword
yanazake
Unsteady Sworduser

great, no hide/spoiler code :B

Well, this is my load order.
Oblivion.esm
CM Partners.esm
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esm
Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm
HorseCombatMaster.esm
UnnecessaryViolence.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
FlyingCameraMod.esp
AL_WildSpright.esp
Map Marker Overhaul.esp
Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp
AMB.esp
SetBody.esp
KDWitchesFrock.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
cidnothump.esp
WAC.esp
WAC - TCOS.esp
WAC - TCOS Shops.esp
WAC - Magic.esp
WAC - BlackBootDungeon.esp
WAC - Dead Knights.esp
WAC - Player Summons.esp
WAC - Crowded Roads Revisited.esp
WAC - OverSpawn.esp
WAC - Horses.esp
WAC - Companions.esp
WAC - Birds&Insects.esp
Theryon.esp
Flying Island House.esp
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp
newstartV3.esp
ak_testhighheels.esp
FriendsAndLovers.esp
Animation - Growlfs Body Resizing Mod.esp
Tabaxi Race 2.0.esp
IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp
Slof's Snow Leopard Race.esp
Trokturian Cow.esp
CM Partners.esp
CM Partners NPC.esp
CM Partners More NPCs.esp
CMLoxx_Fuzzball.esp
Borderless_Cyrodiil-3578.esp
Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp
UV Vanilla Quest Fixes.esp
DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp
UnnecessaryViolence.esp
I mostly want to add races and simple items/armor/weapons when everything is working. Deadly Reflex 6 is included, but I need to turn it off, because it's still buggy.

On a side note, I turned the wac-legion esp off, after it was enabled in a game... and all imperial guards lost their pants XDD
Imma here fo dem critters!
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Upon completion of every matches or bet, the Arena is supposed to be reset when you speak to the appropriate event instigator (Owyn or Hundolin). When you report back to Owyn or go to Hundolin to collect your bet, the reset should take place.
Works well in my game. (Only tested with Owyn so far.)

Haldir:
Every so often the iron gate to the Arena doesn't open, which means I have to hope one of the beasts kills my opponent.
I've observed that after 6:00 pm - when Owyn sits down reading a book - it's no longer possible to open the iron gate to the arena.
Waalx
Forum Master

redshift87 wrote:False alarm on the Lacolith and imperial legion. That outdated OOO patch was causing both of those, sorry!
Cool!
And a big thank you for fixing the big cats' heads! Whichever Beth modeler did the original head for the mountain lion did a terrible job.
yeah..but now I have to fix all of mine as well... :-( (whiskers)
Haldir wrote:Okay, two problems.

1. Every so often the iron gate to the Arena doesn't open, which means I have to hope one of the beasts kills my opponent.
Apparently, Salimbene may have found a clue to this... I will investigate and correct that.
2. Pretty sure this is OOO being annoying but there are two sets of guards now, one in OOO armour and one in WAC armour. They walk into each other continuously, trying to stand in they're positions. Some of the guards in OOO armour have no legs.
I can't say, but it's likely as you said... Try loading what you want to override the other last in your load list. Otherwise, it's sadly one or the other. AS far as I know.
Mishaxhi wrote:ah i see

well it's still awesome. for now it's easy enough to manually disable the bodies with the console
It's still puzzling that it happen to you, and not to others...nor myself.
yanazake wrote:great, no hide/spoiler code :B

yep this forum is old school... mostly because the last time I tried to update it it shat on me (and the server people were less than helpful in helping me fix the problem...you get what you pay for.) So I just decided to let it be.
Well, this is my load order.

I mostly want to add races and simple items/armor/weapons when everything is working. Deadly Reflex 6 is included, but I need to turn it off, because it's still buggy.
there's not much I can do myself about this.. Maybe others can advise something. :)
On a side note, I turned the wac-legion esp off, after it was enabled in a game... and all imperial guards lost their pants XDD
hehe..maybe waiting a few days inside an interior cell can fix this.
Salimbene wrote:
Upon completion of every matches or bet, the Arena is supposed to be reset when you speak to the appropriate event instigator (Owyn or Hundolin). When you report back to Owyn or go to Hundolin to collect your bet, the reset should take place.
Works well in my game. (Only tested with Owyn so far.)
great! anybody else?
Haldir:
Every so often the iron gate to the Arena doesn't open, which means I have to hope one of the beasts kills my opponent.
I've observed that after 6:00 pm - when Owyn sits down reading a book - it's no longer possible to open the iron gate to the arena.
thanks for finding this. Now I have to see if that's true :)
Haldir
Unsteady Sworduser

Some of the sleeve-less cuirasses give you white arms even if you're an orc or a redguard or a dunmer.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Hi yanazake.

Do you use BOSS? If no, try to use it.
http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516

It's a load order sorter maintained by a group of people that are real experts for load orders.

If you still have problems after running BOSS, maybe it would be good to post on Bethesda's Oblivion mods forum on this thread:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ry16936375

There's better chance that someone will find out anything out of your load order there.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

I do not know whether this was already reported, but i do not relish the idea of checking a 120 pages to see whether it was or not. :) But i think the Frost Fear is missing something because the color of it's head does not fit the rest of it's body.

http://www.bild.me/bild_detail.php?file ... arHead.jpg
Waalx
Forum Master

Haldir wrote:Some of the sleeve-less cuirasses give you white arms even if you're an orc or a redguard or a dunmer.
what cuirass are we talking about exactly? 'Some' is hard to define as there are many sleeveless cuirasses in WAC :)

The name of the object would help, or better: a screenshot
Fessels wrote:I do not know whether this was already reported, but i do not relish the idea of checking a 120 pages to see whether it was or not. :) But i think the Frost Fear is missing something because the color of it's head does not fit the rest of it's body.
Yes, this is another creature that is missing a glow map, normally their eyes are glowing.

The glow maps apparently don't pack with a BSA if the normal map isn't present and WAC skip redistributing the vanilla normal maps when it can. I will have to do something else...
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Found one of these sleeveless cuirasses, the irón cuirass

The iron breastplate in the inventary is okay.
yanazake
Unsteady Sworduser

Waalx wrote:
yanazake wrote:great, no hide/spoiler code :B

yep this forum is old school... mostly because the last time I tried to update it it shat on me (and the server people were less than helpful in helping me fix the problem...you get what you pay for.) So I just decided to let it be.
I can imagine how bad it was on you. :/ I just wanted to prevent wall of text post, it's sometimes annoying xD
washington wrote: Hi yanazake.

Do you use BOSS? If no, try to use it.
I'm trying it just now, thanks! :3
The main problem about Bethesda forums is that there isn't a way to register w/o a mail program, which I don't have. D: At least, I couldn't find another way.

----edit-----

Ok, seems like BOSS did the trick. i passed the IC entrace bridge no problem :3 [and some kinda small wet rat passed by and the guards killed it <_< ] Anyway, I just did the first boss run, organized unrecognized mods, ran oblivion and did this test. Since it worked, I closed oblivion do test more later.

There are STILL CTDs... I'll check out what's happening in the Bethsoft forums. Also, there's a problem in the faces. They seem to get somewhat transparent, and I can see shadows of the eyeballs and mouth inner shapes. Not sure what does that.
Imma here fo dem critters!
Siegfried
Steady Sworduser

Downloaded and tested out recently, let me just say great work! So many wonderful surprises, I think my favorite moment was running into the legion troll @ the palace.

Also, I don't know if this has been reported yet, but...

I get crashes in the cells around the Gnoll's meeting camp, don't know what causes this. I've got Elsweyr running, an alternate start mod, and a texture pack. I don't think any of those should conflict?
ztrathego
Unsteady Sworduser

Siegfried wrote:Downloaded and tested out recently, let me just say great work! So many wonderful surprises, I think my favorite moment was running into the legion troll @ the palace.

Also, I don't know if this has been reported yet, but...

I get crashes in the cells around the Gnoll's meeting camp, don't know what causes this. I've got Elsweyr running, an alternate start mod, and a texture pack. I don't think any of those should conflict?
It has been reported and a fix has been found as posted a few pages back:
ztrathego wrote:Another bug:

Travelling to the Gnoll Meeting Camp (southeast of Kvatch) causes an immediate crash. Looking up the worldspace edit in tes4edit for this area reveals no conflicts, but even opening up WAC.esp in the CS and selecting view for the area (-29, -4) causes an immediate crash of the CS.

Edit: Just had another user confirm this on the Bethesda forums aswell, just for the record. :)
Edit 2: Maxie on the Bethesda forums just reported that this bug can be fixed like this:
Removing the 2 CreaturesWacGnolls07guard solved the problem for me, no more crash and I can fast travel. Those creatures are not in the list of the existing creatures if you look in the CS.

Happy New Year to the community :celebration:
And another post/solution to the problem posted here:
spambrosial wrote:The CreatureWacGnoll07guard error may be because it doesn't have a model assigned? They console in okay after adding Creatures\Goblin\Skeleton.NIF to the file. They're also present in a couple leveled lists, so that's going to have to be fixed the "right" way (or you can also chop them out of WLGnollList and WLGnollBlackList, I suppose).
viltuska
Unsteady Sworduser

Hi, I found that the Xivilai Lords were extra friendly towards me, haven't yet checked the CS, but I figure it's got to do with the aggression or faction settings. They also never used their Magma Swords.
And I also encountered an invisible Hell Hound (not 100% sure if it's from WAC though)
quinlan
Fumbling Sworduser

They also never used their Magma Swords
i have same problem too

i am always getting ctd when i getting near the ra'sava camp sandstorm cavern but i am not sure which one or what cousing trouble http://www.uesp.net/maps/obmap/obmap.sh ... 27&zoom=15 is there any one have same problem too?ve same problem too?
quinlan
Fumbling Sworduser

i am sorry for double post :?

i found it gnolls doing that problem
scot
Steady Sworduser

Yes Im having a problem in ra,sava camp too.Im heading to the fort crowhaven for the grey prince quest and it crashes when I get to ra,sava camp.I disabled the WAC esps and no londer crashed, I tried to change the load order and nothing.I read somewhere back the arena problem about the gates not opening, it happened to me too but I disabled the gates wich fixed the problem X) but the crashing problem in ra,sava´s camp I can´t fix please help WAC mod is a must for my game.